Pennywise101

Star Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
My spouse is from Algeria as well. I wouldnt think they would all need to be interviewed. My GCKey says the same, I think that’s normal unless they feel as if you do out of nowhere and they update that statement.

I believe normally they would let you know before the 12 month period if an interview is required. I also believe that towards the 12 months if there is no movement for a month or more you should definitely inquire on your application. Especially because some visa offices take a dreadfully long time, to update GCKey. I have heard for Algerian spousal sponsorship takes longer than others which Im not understanding why because we were able to get all our documents quickly and efficiently from Algeria. So im stumped on this one. I don’t know if this is the actual case because our application was moving along quite quickly until we received our pre-arrival on October 2nd.

I also wanted to add, we already received our pre-arrival, and we are May applicants. We are just waiting for the next step, although i have to admit it’s taking quite a long time after pre-arrival, going on past 2 months now. I think they randomly work different types of applications, hopefully we are not the forgotten ones, that’s my only fear.
Our timeline seems to be close to yours. We sent our application in on May 1st 2018. I felt like it was taking "forever" to hear something, since September nothing.... and therefore applied for our GCMS notes. I received the notes last month and see that the only thing left for them to do is the criminal check and the security check. What I understand, is that the RCMP does this investigation and therefore I too am confused as to why it takes them so long to investigate this information. I also called CIC and spoke to an agent to get an update and she said our application looks fine and is on track and that there is nothing that can be done to make the application process go faster and that we simply have to wait until the year has passed. After a year has passed and the sponsorship/PR has not finalized, then contact my local MP and have them investigate and order the GCMS notes again.

I was just confused, because I assume that all Algerian nationals would need to be interviewed, but if that is not the case, then great! Fingers are crossed that we hear something again by February 2019. I understand that if an interview is requested, that the 12 month processing goal goes out the window. That is what I have read from other individuals on this platform.

Last edited:

Madrid171

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
05/03/2018
AOR Received.
17/04/2018
File Transfer...
01/06/2018
Med's Request
20/04/2018
Med's Done....
27/04/2018
Passport Req..
19/02/2019
VISA ISSUED...
13/03/2019
LANDED..........
03/04/2019
I am 5th March applicant 1st June file transfer to Paris visa office then nothing update no pre arrival don't no what happened with Paris visa office

SKgirl1991

Jan 27, 2017
That’s awesome news! What’s your timeline like?
Applied Jan 2017, denied may 2017 , appeal September 25, 2018 and told we passed the same day, official letter oct 8..., additional dc request November 7th, prearrival letter nov 30th and nothing since then !

AlgCad0218

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
File Transfer...
05-05-2018
Med's Done....
03-05-2018
We received the pre-arrival letter on October 13th and the background check still has not started. How long can it take ? I’d really like to spend the holidays with my husband.

We applied in February and our file is in Paris since the beginning of May.

CANA2000

Oct 21, 2018
Our timeline seems to be close to yours. We sent our application in on May 1st 2018. I felt like it was taking "forever" to hear something, since September nothing.... and therefore applied for our GCMS notes. I received the notes last month and see that the only thing left for them to do is the criminal check and the security check. What I understand, is that the RCMP does this investigation and therefore I too am confused as to why it takes them so long to investigate this information. I also called CIC and spoke to an agent to get an update and she said our application looks fine and is on track and that there is nothing that can be done to make the application process go faster and that we simply have to wait until the year has passed. After a year has passed and the sponsorship/PR has not finalized, then contact my local MP and have them investigate and order the GCMS notes again.

I was just confused, because I assume that all Algerian nationals would need to be interviewed, but if that is not the case, then great! Fingers are crossed that we hear something again by February 2019. I understand that if an interview is requested, that the 12 month processing goal goes out the window. That is what I have read from other individuals on this platform.
Hopefully no interview is needed, the 12 month processing time is too long already. Yes, I was reading some experiences on applicants with interviews and it sounds like it drags even longer than the 12 month period, which is a tremendously long wait to be with your love one. We will learn much patience in this respect and true dedication. It is note ably taking Paris Visa Office quite some time and hopefully we all will get some positive updates soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pennywise101

CANA2000

Oct 21, 2018
We received the pre-arrival letter on October 13th and the background check still has not started. How long can it take ? I’d really like to spend the holidays with my husband.

We applied in February and our file is in Paris since the beginning of May.
Alot of us haven’t had any updates in awhile and some of us just waiting for background check with pre-arrival, some of us waiting for background check no prearrival and some just waiting for pre-arrival, not understanding why it’s taking months...

CANA2000

Oct 21, 2018
Applied Jan 2017, denied may 2017 , appeal September 25, 2018 and told we passed the same day, official letter oct 8..., additional dc request November 7th, prearrival letter nov 30th and nothing since then !
I feel for you, you have waited a long time and been through alot already it seems and still waiting after all this to be with your love one. Its really quite stressful.

CANA2000

Oct 21, 2018
Any news or movement for anyone? Pre-Arrival since October 02, May 2018 applicant and still no movement since pre-arrival. The 12 month mark is around the corner and I read now of a 4th person who applied after us getting their PPR. Im not understanding why it has dragged so long... still dragging... are they waiting for the 12 month mark to touch the application again, what is happening with this Office, why the delays

Last edited:

Pennywise101

Star Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
Any news or movement for anyone? Pre-Arrival since October 02, May 2018 applicant and still no movement since pre-arrival. The 12 month mark is around the corner and I read now of a 4th person who applied after us getting their PPR. Im not understanding why it has dragged so long... still dragging... are they waiting for the 12 month mark to touch the application again, what is happening with this Office, why the delays
I had a response regarding the Paris Visa Office from a hero member, to this forum and that person said we probably will not hear anything until March. o_O CIC received our application on May 1st, 2018. I honestly do not want to believe that I will only hear from them by March, but when I called the Immigration office here in Canada that agent also explained to me that our application, is on average a year to process and she also said to me that I will probable hear something in a few months, which would also be around February/March if that is true. I might request for my GCMS notes next month to see what is going on.

We have to take into account too, that December is Christmas and "everywhere" starts to slow down, except for "retail", "grocery stores", and "restaurants", at this specific time of year.

CANA2000

Oct 21, 2018
I had a response regarding the Paris Visa Office from a hero member, to this forum and that person said we probably will not hear anything until March. o_O CIC received our application on May 1st, 2018. I honestly do not want to believe that I will only hear from them by March, but when I called the Immigration office here in Canada that agent also explained to me that our application, is on average a year to process and she also said to me that I will probable hear something in a few months, which would also be around February/March if that is true. I might request for my GCMS notes next month to see what is going on.

We have to take into account too, that December is Christmas and "everywhere" starts to slow down, except for "retail", "grocery stores", and "restaurants", at this specific time of year.
Thank you for your feedback. Its very hard to plan and wait all at once when you really dont know when the waiting will end with positive results. Its hard to accept waiting longer than 8 months as most applicants from the past year I have read on or have heard from got it on or before the 8 month timeframe. We don’t have a choice, or any other option then to wait.:eek: Have to admit was hoping to spend time with my other half by this December. Doesn’t look like it anymore... o_O:(

Last edited:
Reactions: Pennywise101

Amal2083

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Thank you for your feedback. Its very hard to plan and wait all at once when you really dont know when the waiting will end with positive results. Its hard to accept waiting longer than 8 months as most applicants from the past year I have read on or have heard from got it on or before the 8 month timeframe. We don’t have a choice, or any other option then to wait.:eek: Have to admit was hoping to spend time with my other half by this December. Doesn’t look like it anymore... o_O:(
hello.
I'm on the same boat here aswell. We are on month 9 now waiting for backround to start. I see ppl have gotten there PR before mines, and i submitted mines before them. so frustrating

Pennywise101

Star Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
hello.
I'm on the same boat here aswell. We are on month 9 now waiting for backround to start. I see ppl have gotten there PR before mines, and i submitted mines before them. so frustrating
Hello, do you mind me asking if you have requested your GCMS notes?