+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PARIS VISA OFFICE

sabercalgary

Aug 15, 2018
hi evry one .
i m feb 2018 no update from the medical test . now i have 10 months .
i m tunisien/ canadian wating for this visa office . o m g

Amal2083

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
I honestly think its because it's an Arab country. That's why take so long. My friend who sponsored her Jordanian husband his pr approval came right on the 12mth end mark

sabercalgary

Aug 15, 2018
Also if you apply for visitor they will refuse it , but if you are in work permit and you apply a visitor visa for your partner 100 % he will get it in just 20 days .
now i hope that this sponsor application doesnt take more than 12 months. . i m tired with this .

Reactions: CANA2000

Amal2083

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
I honestly think its because it's an Arab country. That's why take so long. My friend who sponsored her Jordanian husband his pr approval came right on the 12mth end mark.
hi evry one .
hi evry one .
W
yes that s true because we are arab .
some people get it in just 6 months but us we have to wait
Yes agreed! My husband has no prev marriages, no kids, no criminal record, has never left Tunisia and my friend husband who had 2 kids criminal records and from Jamaica, came in 6 months. But I believe in Allah and we just have to believe that he knows best. Pa

Pennywise101

Star Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
I honestly think its because it's an Arab country. That's why take so long. My friend who sponsored her Jordanian husband his pr approval came right on the 12mth end mark.

W

Yes agreed! My husband has no prev marriages, no kids, no criminal record, has never left Tunisia and my friend husband who had 2 kids criminal records and from Jamaica, came in 6 months. But I believe in Allah and we just have to believe that he knows best. Pa
I agree with you too, my husband is Algerian, from a good family, does not drink or smoke, very healthy mind and body, never in trouble with the law, works hard, only vacations in his own country, good son, brother and husband. Also there is no previous marriage or kids. We have not made "any" errors with our application, medicals done, bio-metrics done, finger prints done, military service settled, sponsorship approved too.

Application received in Mississauga May 1, 2018, application send to Paris Visa Office in July, 2018 and we have heard from anyone since July regarding our application. Currently they are doing the BGC. The last time there was any news was six months ago. o_O The wait is painful. I will see if my boss will give me some more vacation time, so that I can go and see him in February, if we have not heard anything by then.

It amazes me how some applications get processed so fast and others like a snail is working on it. :(

Last edited:

PortugueseGirl

Star Member
Nov 3, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
18-06-2018
Doc's Request.
Adittional docs (RFRP and RCMP finger prints) 13-03-2019
AOR Received.
11-09-2018
File Transfer...
12-09-2018
Med's Request
12-09-2019
Med's Done....
03-10-2018
Interview........
Don't request
Passport Req..
Still waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting
LANDED..........
Still waiting
I'm from Portugal and my husband Canadian! I'have been waiting for 6 months... my file was transfer on September :(

No news since the file transfer...

CANA2000

Oct 21, 2018
You wont believe this... we received our pre-arrival letter October 2nd and today they sent a request for an interview to see if our marriage relation is genuine... My husband is also Algerian. My understanding was that once you receive the pre-arrival no interview is needed, so this came as a huge surprise to us. Is this formality for Algerian spouses or is it a relationship assessment interview. We really don’t know what to expect anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: wbenamara

PortugueseGirl

Star Member
Nov 3, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
18-06-2018
Doc's Request.
Adittional docs (RFRP and RCMP finger prints) 13-03-2019
AOR Received.
11-09-2018
File Transfer...
12-09-2018
Med's Request
12-09-2019
Med's Done....
03-10-2018
Interview........
Don't request
Passport Req..
Still waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting
LANDED..........
Still waiting
You wont believe this... we received our pre-arrival letter October 2nd and today they sent a request for an interview to see if our marriage relation is genuine... My husband is also Algerian. My understanding was that once you receive the pre-arrival no interview is needed, so this came as a huge surprise to us. Is this formality for Algerian spouses or is it a relationship assessment interview. We really don’t know what to expect anymore.
Wooow... I have the idea when u received the pre arrival it's because the relationship is genuine... and your application only depends for the bgc and criminal record... very big surprise for me too...

Pennywise101

Star Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
Wooow... I have the idea when u received the pre arrival it's because the relationship is genuine... and your application only depends for the bgc and criminal record... very big surprise for me too...
Can I ask, on your GCKey, does it say, "Interview not necessary, if this changes we will let you know?" This is what it says on our GCKey, but my personal belief is that "everyone" from North Africa will get interviewed. That is what we are preparing for, from the start, that my husband will be interviewed by an immigration office. I can't imagine them not being interviewed, it is so incredibly difficult for North Africa's to get a tourist visa to visit Canada, so them not being interviewed, seems odd to us.

Last edited:

Pennywise101

Star Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
I googled what pre-arrival services mean, but I do not believe Immigration is true to this definition. Clearly they are not, because I have seen people get this email and then they are still interviewed.

"The pre-arrival services letter simply means eligibility is passed (relationship is genuine). It doesn't mean the other checks such as criminality or background and medical have been assessed or completed yet. Feb 17, 2018"

Pennywise101

Star Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
I hope this happens for me too! Got prearrival letter today and GC updated stating they started the background check! (We are also from tunits). We also pretty much have the same story ... evil woman denied us too. Won our appeal in September.
Can I ask you, when did you apply? We applied on May 1st, 2018 and we still have not received a pre-arrival letter. 8 months have almost passed and we still are not sure if my husband has passed the eligibility stage, not that this means anything anymore, :confused: because I see people who pass the eligibility stage, but still get called in for an interview.

We have accepted that my husband will be interviewed, because he is from North Africa. Getting a tourist visa is incredibly difficult, so PR will be even more difficult, for sure. :(

Pennywise101

Star Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
Hello CANA2000,

I truly do not believe that the definition of "pre-arrival" is what immigration describes it to be. I have seen people get pre-arrival and "still" get called in for an interview. A friend of mine, whose husband is Algerian, she is Canadian, did an "inland" application, they reside in Quebec, for PR and even he was called in for an interview. He had visited her here on vacation a few times, before they got married, then they had their beautiful baby girl together :) and they "still" got called in for the interview. They had to drive to Montreal for it. The good news is that he passed and he now has PR. They are thrilled and can rest easy now.

I think your suggestion that this is formality for Algerian spouses is quite accurate. I believe meeting the applicant face to face is part of immigration protocol now for them. I may be wrong, but this is my hypothesis.

Just be positive and trust that Allah is leading the way. :)

Last edited:

CANA2000

Oct 21, 2018
Can I ask, on your GCKey, does it say, "Interview not necessary, if this changes we will let you know?" This is what it says on our GCKey, but my personal belief is that "everyone" from North Africa will get interviewed. That is what we are preparing for, from the start, that my husband will be interviewed by an immigration office. I can't imagine them not being interviewed, it is so incredibly difficult for North Africa's to get a tourist visa to visit Canada, so them not being interviewed, seems odd to us.
Yes even after we received the interview letter our GC Key still says “You do not need an interview, we will send you a message if this changes”. The interview is not for another 7.5 weeks. We had also applied in the past for a tourist visa and got rejected, I wanted him to meet my family before anything. Ofcourse it didn’t happen that way, they just make everything extremely difficult and then question you about the authenticity of your marriage afterwards. So sad...