+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PARIS VISA OFFICE

CANA2000

Oct 21, 2018
I want to ask one question webform only can use after normal processing time no? And normal processing time is 12 months
Webform you can use anytime. You can request notes anytime. Within 12 months is normal processing time last time I checked.

sabercalgary

Aug 15, 2018
No update yet . it s freezen this paris visa office .more than 6 months no update at all .
does some applications take more than 12 months ?????

Pennywise101

Star Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
No update for me either. May 1st, 2019 will be a year. Until May 1st, 2019, one year has expired nothing can be done. We simply have to wait for that year to expire. Also, if an interview is necessary, we can throw that year average processing period out the window. Patience is a virtue in this regard.:rolleyes:

CANA2000

Oct 21, 2018
I feel you. I have pre-arrival letter sitting since October 02 with no updates since. I looked at some of the data on some of the other visa offices and according to the data info most have either cleared or are working on May to June 2018 applicants which gives an average processing time of 6 to 7 months upon my research. What is taking Paris, visa office so long in comparison?

I get it within 12 months otherwise inquire but I think 12 months means at maximum. That’s just to too long, anyway we can do nothing but pray its quicker and all goes well.

Reactions: Pennywise101

CANA2000

Oct 21, 2018
No update yet . it s freezen this paris visa office .more than 6 months no update at all .
does some applications take more than 12 months ?????
It shouldn’t take longer then 12 months from my understanding unless it’s complicated. Ive been asking around and everyone I spoke with who undergone the PR process or other told me under 12 months for sure unless you are waiting for official documents from other countries or they want more relationship proof or reject your application.

SKgirl1991

Jan 27, 2017
Yes, he got it at 4:00 this morning! Just an email with the letter and VAC instructions. No update in GC key or Ecas, still says reviewing eligibility and background in process.

Our timeline is bullshit...
Applied August 2016... refused by an evil interviewer lady May 2017... Appealed June 2017... Had ADR April 2018 and won...
File sent to Ottawa and reopened May 2018... Doc request/new meds, police check end of May 2018... Sent everything in first week of June 2018..

Told us end of August they didn't receive 2 of the updated forms we sent...! Resent immediately... no updates nothing to show they got it...
Went to my MP on Sept 9... She did an inquiry and got back to me on September 24th to say everything is on track, background not started, they got my docs...

Then voila! All of a sudden, two days ago i was just about to book a flight to go see him because we have no idea how much longer if background didn't even start yet... something tell me check GCKey (which i do everyday anyway) and i saw background started!

So... still didn't know how long but at least something was finally moving, was thinking will be couple more months. Then yesterday morning i got an answer finally from cic about my question that i sent on august 28 to make sure they got the docs i sent to them again... and later in the afternoon yesterday he got pre-arrival email. Now today ppr! Everything all in one bunch!
So frustrating we have been waiting forever and now all of a sudden, its like a shock! A good shock of course :)
Now we don't wanna wait for this stupid VAC place just wanna go get this and visa and fly.
I hope this happens for me too! Got prearrival letter today and GC updated stating they started the background check! (We are also from tunits). We also pretty much have the same story ... evil woman denied us too. Won our appeal in September.

CANA2000

Oct 21, 2018
I hope this happens for me too! Got prearrival letter today and GC updated stating they started the background check! (We are also from tunits). We also pretty much have the same story ... evil woman denied us too. Won our appeal in September.
That’s awesome news! What’s your timeline like?

immigration-info

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
Visa Office......
Paris France
medical Passed Pre-arrival in may 17 2018 since waiting nothing change in cic account , if any body have experiance from paris visa office please share with me

CANA2000

Oct 21, 2018
medical Passed Pre-arrival in may 17 2018 since waiting nothing change in cic account , if any body have experiance from paris visa office please share with me
We have had pre-arrival since October 02 and our background check hasn’t even started. Your case seems way off the 12 month mark. You should request notes using the webform for Paris Visa Office. Where are you from and did you have any complications with your application?

Paris Visa Office seems as though it’s asleep... ZzZZz. Wake up already, life is short....

Pennywise101

Star Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
It shouldn’t take longer then 12 months from my understanding unless it’s complicated. Ive been asking around and everyone I spoke with who undergone the PR process or other told me under 12 months for sure unless you are waiting for official documents from other countries or they want more relationship proof or reject your application.
Hello,

If an interview is required, do you think they would let us know before the 12 month processing period has ended? Why I ask, is because, on my GCKey it says an interview is not required, but if this changes, we will let you know. I find that strange, because my husband is from Algeria and I would think all individuals/applicants coming from Algeria would need to be interviewed.

What are your thought's on this? Feedback and all opinions would be appropriated.:)

CANA2000

Oct 21, 2018
Hello,

If an interview is required, do you think they would let us know before the 12 month processing period has ended? Why I ask, is because, on my GCKey it says an interview is not required, but if this changes, we will let you know. I find that strange, because my husband is from Algeria and I would think all individuals/applicants coming from Algeria would need to be interviewed.

What are your thought's on this? Feedback and all opinions would be appropriated.:)
My spouse is from Algeria as well. I wouldnt think they would all need to be interviewed. My GCKey says the same, I think that’s normal unless they feel as if you do out of nowhere and they update that statement.

I believe normally they would let you know before the 12 month period if an interview is required. I also believe that towards the 12 months if there is no movement for a month or more you should definitely inquire on your application. Especially because some visa offices take a dreadfully long time, to update GCKey. I have heard for Algerian spousal sponsorship takes longer than others which Im not understanding why because we were able to get all our documents quickly and efficiently from Algeria. So im stumped on this one. I don’t know if this is the actual case because our application was moving along quite quickly until we received our pre-arrival on October 2nd.

I also wanted to add, we already received our pre-arrival, and we are May applicants. We are just waiting for the next step, although i have to admit it’s taking quite a long time after pre-arrival, going on past 2 months now. I think they randomly work on different categories of applications, hopefully we are not the forgotten ones, that’s my only fear.

Last edited: