+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PARIS VISA OFFICE

can555visa

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
I read the gcms discussion thread and learned a lot. my take is that the Mississauga officer does a preliminary check of documents and sets the eligibility guidelines for the PA. so if the notes for eligibility say "review required" or something like that .....
thanks that is very helpful ...
when do you think the best time to ask for it, for example, 4 months into the process etc..

Reactions: Jaywill

Jaywill

Oct 14, 2017
thanks that is very helpful ...
when do you think the best time to ask for it, for example, 4 months into the process etc..
4 months is probably the best time, that's 2 months after receipt by Paris so if there was any movement you'd see it. I was impatient and did it as soon as file transfer happened, I also thought they would generate the notes at the end of the 30 day period not at the very beginning. I'm going to order another set in January.

ehab2222

Jan 15, 2017
In Ecas i got the fourth line,it was (we started processing your application on December 5) but now it shows "We started processing your application on December 21st" i think its the Paris VO ?

can555visa

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
4 months is probably the best time, that's 2 months after receipt by Paris so if there was any movement you'd see it. I was impatient and did it as soon as file transfer happened, I also thought they would generate the notes at the end of the 30 day period not at the very beginning. I'm going to order another set in January.
thank you. it sounds good

can555visa

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Whats it says on your Ecas about the medical? just "Medical results have been received " or you passed the medical exam? what about your BG check? what is says? sorry too much questions lol .
this what ecas says: Medical results have been received
however, GCKey, says that "medical passed"

Reactions: ehab2222

GHAB123456

Dec 28, 2017
Hello everyone, i m a Québec resident and im sponsoring my tunisian wife. i submitted my application on the 18 september and on the 12 of décembre, i received an email saying that my file was transferred to paris for further processing. On Gckey, it says that the medical was passed and Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Is it normal that they did not start background check yet. thank you in advance

Jaywill

Oct 14, 2017
Hello everyone, i m a Québec resident and im sponsoring my tunisian wife. i submitted my application on the 18 september and on the 12 of décembre, i received an email saying that my file was transferred to paris for further processing. On Gckey, it says that the medical was passed and Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Is it normal that they did not start background check yet. thank you in advance
It seems like they dont really update the notifications that much. Alot of applicants dont get any notification of anything happening at their visa office then one day they get a “decision made” out of the blue. And welcome to paris vo, there is now a total of 4 of us here only so we have a small sample size to compare.

Reactions: JayNoussa

GHAB123456

Dec 28, 2017
hello everyone, it sucks to hear that it may take more than 2 months to do the background check, i was hoping that we get a request for my wife's passport by the end january :(

Jaywill

Oct 14, 2017
hello everyone, it sucks to hear that it may take more than 2 months to do the background check, i was hoping that we get a request for my wife's passport by the end january :(
2 months would be a fast background check as well. Factors affecting would be if she worked for the govt, was in military, travel history, education, work etc, even family members are checked.

Reactions: JayNoussa

GHAB123456

Dec 28, 2017
my sister sponsored her husband in 2013 and he got his approval in 4.5 months that s why i was hoping it will be as fast. anyways i will be writing here regularly to let you guys what s up with my app