+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PARIS VISA OFFICE

ehab2222

Jan 15, 2017
Hi that s good news, It seems to move fast at that point. I didn't get an aor2 which seems common so I use my in process date instead. the background check can vary greatly depending on so many factors, like travel history, previous visa's, military or government work, size of your family, how common your name is ect. from what I see a fast bcg is 2-3 months but can be much much longer.
Ah yes i understand ! Thanks ! how do i know if Paris VO received my file? the only red flag that i have is previous marriage (i'm divorced) and my ex wife was Canadian but never applied for immigration -_- which scaring me i am not a person of interview always chaking and sweating in every interview i had in my life ! lol

Jaywill

Oct 14, 2017
Ah yes i understand ! Thanks ! how do i know if Paris VO received my file? the only red flag that i have is previous marriage (i'm divorced) and my ex wife was Canadian but never applied for immigration -_- which scaring me i am not a person of interview always chaking and sweating in every interview i had in my life ! lol
If your gckey says “in process” you know paris has started. I used a lawyer so i cant link and i had to go here to get my in process date.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas

Click on the “in process” to expand for more information. And yes heres hoping for no interviews all around. It seems like men are more likely to be interviewed from what i see here.

Reactions: JayNoussa

ehab2222

Jan 15, 2017
If your gckey says “in process” you know paris has started. I used a lawyer so i cant link and i had to go here to get my in process date.

Click on the “in process” to expand for more information. And yes heres hoping for no interviews all around. It seems like men are more likely to be interviewed from what i see here.
My Ecas says "In Process" and in my GcKey it says we started processing your application in December 5th,2017 which is AOR so i don't think so

ehab2222

Jan 15, 2017

Hi there ! So my wife got a message of File transfer to Paris VO,do you have any idea how long it does take until they send AOR2 and starting BG check?

Reactions: wbenamara

Jaywill

Oct 14, 2017
Hi there ! So my wife got a message of File transfer to Paris VO,do you have any idea how long it does take until they send AOR2 and starting BG check?
After file transfer, you should get an in process shortly, and the additional documents section will change from “we have received” to “ we dont need additional docs.” Your medical will change to “ your medical results are successful” as well. After that your in the queue for eligibilty check starting with the relatinship assessment i beleive. I never got an aor2 and we may not even be told our bgc has started from what i see.

ehab2222

Jan 15, 2017
After file transfer, you should get an in process shortly, and the additional documents section will change from “we have received” to “ we dont need additional docs.” Your medical will change to “ your medical results are successful” as well. After that your in the queue for eligibilty check starting with the relatinship assessment i beleive. I never got an aor2 and we may not even be told our bgc has started from what i see.
My Ecas shows "in process" Already since i passed the medical exam,a week ago,

Last edited:
Reactions: can555visa

can555visa

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Hi everyone,
it seems not many Paris VO, applications....
very little information regarding Paris VO, any links is highly appreciated...
thanks

Reactions: ehab2222

Jaywill

Oct 14, 2017
Hi everyone,
it seems not many Paris VO, applications....
very little information regarding Paris VO, any links is highly appreciated...
thanks
Very small sample size ya. Looking at the sheet one person was finished in 83 days however so barring any glitches or delays they seem to be fairly fast. Also they dont seem to send aor2’s and sometimes not even any other notifications until the ppr.

Jaywill

Oct 14, 2017
received gcms notes today probably ordered too early. ordered on nov 20th, notes were generated on the 21st and they waited until the exact 30 day mark to send lol. latest I see is "info sharing" complete. the last update was nov-14. If anything happened between nov 21st and now id have to wait until the next set of notes to see. given the lack of notifications from this office I think we need to order them every month or 2 to see any movement.

ehab2222

Jan 15, 2017
received gcms notes today probably ordered too early. ordered on nov 20th, notes were generated on the 21st and they waited until the exact 30 day mark to send lol. latest I see is "info sharing" complete. the last update was nov-14. If anything happened between nov 21st and now id have to wait until the next set of notes to see. given the lack of notifications from this office I think we need to order them every month or 2 to see any movement.
So you think they start processing in Paris VO by Relationship assesment? or just security and baground check first?

Jaywill

Oct 14, 2017
So you think they start processing in Paris VO by Relationship assesment? or just security and baground check first?
I read the gcms discussion thread and learned a lot. my take is that the Mississauga officer does a preliminary check of documents and sets the eligibility guidelines for the PA. so if the notes for eligibility say "review required" or something like that they probably are signalling the VO to do an in depth check on something like the relationship. under status for eligibility mine says "not started", which is apparently is what you want, it means nothing has been flagged(but we'll see after I order another set). and the background checks are all tied to the eligibility which is the foundation of it all. which is why so many people don't see any movement in the security/criminality. they do in fact occur but they aren't updated in many cases until eligibility is cleared. this is why you see so many people do an interview and then the same day they get a "decision made"