Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
jmcrizzle said:
It was Don Valley North in Toronto, a Liberal riding.... So disappointing that they didn't offer me support. It was the office manager who "helped" me. The MP himself refused to answer any of my emails, phone calls, or in-person requests.
This is horrible... Don Valley supposes to have a lot of immigrants and minorities. I mean it's ok if MP himself or herself cant meet you. But there must be an assistance who can assist you with any federal related challenges.

jmcrizzle

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2016, AOR2 01-04-2016
File Transfer...
03-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17-05-2016
LANDED..........
17-05-2016
yijiequ said:
This is horrible... Don Valley supposes to have a lot of immigrants and minorities. I mean it's ok if MP himself or herself cant meet you. But there must be an assistance who can assist you with any federal related challenges.
You're right, the entire office is run by immigrants, the MP is an immigrant... And yes, the area is a majority of immigrants... The manager of the his office basically told me that she couldn't advise me on the application because we applied for an Outland application while my wife is here in Canada already on a visitor visa.

Oh well, I had a lawyer take care of everything for us after they didn't help us.

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
jmcrizzle said:
You're right, the entire office is run by immigrants, the MP is an immigrant... And yes, the area is a majority of immigrants... The manager of the his office basically told me that she couldn't advise me on the application because we applied for an Outland application while my wife is here in Canada already on a visitor visa.

Oh well, I had a lawyer take care of everything for us after they didn't help us.
I remember my own case over a decade ago.. i was under skilled worker over Buffalo, NY. at least MP assistance told me it was under processed/background check. nothing else... i thought better than nothing. they can write a letter and find out what's going on.

NOLM

Nov 14, 2012
Hi, is there anybody who has already "Decision Made" and received, after that, an email requesting new photos with the new dimensions?
Thanks in advance.

foreverbailey

Star Member
Dec 20, 2007
No update here, PR side and Sponsor side still says In Process, they started processing PR application on March 15,2016 ..... Shouldn't there be a change by now ?

jmcrizzle

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
03-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17-05-2016
LANDED..........
17-05-2016
yijiequ said:
I remember my own case over a decade ago.. i was under skilled worker over Buffalo, NY. at least MP assistance told me it was under processed/background check. nothing else... i thought better than nothing. they can write a letter and find out what's going on.
So I phoned my MP's office today. Got them to work a little bit for me. Hahaha

They phoned the CIC and checked the notes showing our application is APPROVED!!!!! :D :D :D :D

The only thing that sucks, is they say sometimes the final paperwork processing can take up to 10 months! Usually that is not the case but they had to quote that.

At least I know the approval!

NOLM

Nov 14, 2012
jmcrizzle said:

They phoned the CIC and checked the notes showing our application is APPROVED!!!!! :D :D :D :D

The only thing that sucks, is they say sometimes the final paperwork processing can take up to 10 months! Usually that is not the case but they had to quote that.

Can you give me the number that you used to contact the CIC?
Thanks

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
foreverbailey said:
No update here, PR side and Sponsor side still says In Process, they started processing PR application on March 15,2016 ..... Shouldn't there be a change by now ? no SA yet??

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
jmcrizzle said:

]]

that's great.. at least you can sleep well at night! congratulation again/

jmcrizzle

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
03-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17-05-2016
LANDED..........
17-05-2016
NOLM said:
Can you give me the number that you used to contact the CIC?
Thanks
It was my MP who called the CIC, the CIC rarely gives out any info if requested by a applicant.

Amra

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2015
AOR Received.
09-02-2016
File Transfer...
23-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2016, COPR: 11-05-2016
LANDED..........
14-05-2016
jmcrizzle said:
I called CIC today as well, to find out how long it takes from DM until you receive the confirmation for PR, and they told me it takes 6 weeks or more for the correspondence to be sent from Paris to Canada :(
So even if we got DM on May 2nd, we have to wait a few more weeks to get the letter. And I though Paris was one of the fastest VOs. I guess paperwork takes awhile.

jmcrizzle

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
03-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17-05-2016
LANDED..........
17-05-2016
Amra said:
I called CIC today as well, to find out how long it takes from DM until you receive the confirmation for PR, and they told me it takes 6 weeks or more for the correspondence to be sent from Paris to Canada :(
So even if we got DM on May 2nd, we have to wait a few more weeks to get the letter. And I though Paris was one of the fastest VOs. I guess paperwork takes awhile.
Hey,

I saw you listed as PP received on the 11th in the spreadsheet. Did you get your COPR already?

What happened with the PPR? VISA exempt did you even have to send it to Ottawa for stamping?

Thanks!!

Amra

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2015
AOR Received.
09-02-2016
File Transfer...
23-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
14-05-2016
jmcrizzle said:
Hey,

I saw you listed as PP received on the 11th in the spreadsheet. Did you get your COPR already?

What happened with the PPR? VISA exempt did you even have to send it to Ottawa for stamping?

Thanks!!
We got COPR on the 11th of May. It was a day after I called CIC and the call center agent told me it will take up to 6 weeks to get the correspondance from Paris. Yeah right. Sometimes I don't know what to believe. Paris issued the visa on the 22nd of April, and the letter (COPR) was sent on April 28th (it took 2 weeks to get the letter from Paris to Canada).

My common law is visa exempt, so we don't have to send the passport to Ottawa for stamping (so no PPR for us. We skip this stage). On the papers that came with the COPR, CIC explains that since December 2011 they no longer afix the visa in the passport for ppl from visa exempt countries. We'll go to Niagara in the weekend to do the flagpoling, and 'activate' the visa (this is because my common law lives with me in Canada).

You're very welcome. Good luck with your application, and let me know if you have other questions.

jmcrizzle

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
03-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17-05-2016
LANDED..........
17-05-2016
Amra said:
We got COPR on the 11th of May. It was a day after I called CIC and the call center agent told me it will take up to 6 weeks to get the correspondance from Paris. Yeah right. Sometimes I don't know what to believe. Paris issued the visa on the 22nd of April, and the letter (COPR) was sent on April 28th (it took 2 weeks to get the letter from Paris to Canada).

My common law is visa exempt, so we don't have to send the passport to Ottawa for stamping (so no PPR for us. We skip this stage). On the papers that came with the COPR, CIC explains that since December 2011 they no longer afix the visa in the passport for ppl from visa exempt countries. We'll go to Niagara in the weekend to do the flagpoling, and 'activate' the visa (this is because my common law lives with me in Canada).

You're very welcome. Good luck with your application, and let me know if you have other questions.

Congratulations on everything, hope your flagpole landing went well!

Sorry to bother you with more questions haha. Did your online ECAS ever update? Or did you just get the COPR mailed and that was that. Also, was the COPR by courier or regular mail?

Thanks again!

I hope we can go to Niagara soon and do this too!

Amra

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2015
AOR Received.
09-02-2016
File Transfer...
23-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
14-05-2016
jmcrizzle said:
Congratulations on everything, hope your flagpole landing went well!
Sorry to bother you with more questions haha. Did your online ECAS ever update? Or did you just get the COPR mailed and that was that. Also, was the COPR by courier or regular mail?
Thanks again! I hope we can go to Niagara soon and do this too!
Thanks ! The flagpoling wasn't as we hoped for. I wrote about our experience under the thread "Flagpoling at rainbow bridge - Experience shared". But it's all done now.

In regards to e-cas, the last update was on May 2nd when I saw the DM on the Principal Applicant (me being the sponsor ;D). Even now, after 2 weeks, nothing has changed on e-cas, and no additional info. It doesn't say if they sent correspondence or anything else. On my side (the sponsor) on e-cas it still shows "In Progress".

The COPR was sent by regular mail (with a stamp of 2 Euros), in a brown envelope. It took about 2 weeks to arrive to Canada.

Good luck to you, and hopefully you'll get COPR soon as well.