+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paris Office Timeline

source_code

Mar 31, 2015
Misbah, I do not know if it can help you for your interview. But you can request GCMS notes. Maybe they wrote there the reason why they want to interview you. Btw it takes 30 days to received the GCMS notes.

I requested my GCMS notes and it has dates and notes from the VO about my application. Apparently the 28 pages with 3/4 photos per page was a must in my application!! :) It also says ongoing relationship, period of living together, etc.

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
source_code said:
Apparently the 28 pages with 3/4 photos per page was a must in my application!! :) It also says ongoing relationship, period of living together, etc.
Would you please explain more. What do u mean by the 28 pages and how did you know that they were important?

source_code

Mar 31, 2015
Sa3Sa3 said:
Would you please explain more. What do u mean by the 28 pages and how did you know that they were important?
I created a 28 pages document word with photos of our trips, events, outings, dinners with friends and family members since 2010 when we started dating. They wrote in the notes "Photos au doss convaincantes sur bonne foi relation. rencontre criteres cat CFC".

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
source_code said:
I created a 28 pages document word with photos of our trips, events, outings, dinners with friends and family members since 2010 when we started dating. They wrote in the notes "Photos au doss convaincantes sur bonne foi relation. rencontre criteres cat CFC".
Thanks. Where can I request GCMS? It has been one month only since they received my application, would it be beneficial to request one in your opinion?

source_code

Mar 31, 2015
Sa3Sa3 said:
Thanks. Where can I request GCMS? It has been one month only since they received my application, would it be beneficial to request one in your opinion?
It takes 30 days, and there is a $5 fee. It was nice to read the VO notes!! It is up to you. :p

see here how to request the GCMS notes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_E_dq_uLVo

MisbahNabeel

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Lisbon
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
September 2, October 11 2014, and February 13 2015
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
13 Aug 2014
Med's Request
27th July 2015
Med's Done....
5th August 2015
Interview........
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
5th October 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21st October 2015
LANDED..........
17th November 2015
RYIT said:
From what you've written the only thing that I can think of is because she got re-married exactly one year after getting divorced.

That being said I can't really see why that would be a red flag because I got officially divorced (received my divorce papers signed by the courts) in August 2011 and started living with my current common-law partner in August 2011 (became officially common-law in August 2013). In Canada you have to be legally separated from your ex for 1 year before they will give you a divorce, so me and my ex had bad been legally separated since January 2010.

So the timeline for entering another relationship is kind of the same. I guess the only difference is my and my common-law husband have a child together.

Is there anything else you could be possibly leaving out that you may not think is a major detail but could be causing a red flag?

Are you and your wife currently living together in the same country or separate?
Hi RYIT
apart from this other thing is i am jobless i don't have any job since October 2014
and now i am in Norway living with my elder brother and his family to support my self and as i cant work here lawfully so no job here as well!! so i really don't know does my unemployment matters on my application or not!

no my wife is not living with me at the moment and is in Canada now in our total time of 17 months of marriage we have lived for 7 months together (4 months after marriage and then she got back to Canada lived there for 7 months and again she came in Norway and lived 3 months again and returned) as per rules of schengan countries she cant live more than 90 days here visa free! so that the reason
and now i am in Norway and she is in Canada!!

MisbahNabeel

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Lisbon
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
13 Aug 2014
Med's Request
27th July 2015
Med's Done....
5th August 2015
Interview........
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
5th October 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21st October 2015
LANDED..........
17th November 2015
Sa3Sa3 said:
Misbah,

What documents have you submitted to them to prove your marriage ?
Hi
in our application we did provide all the documents they asked for
Marriage Certificate
Picture around 15
and details of our relationship as it was arranged marriage

later in email Paris asked me for the proof of cohabitation and contact between both of us

so i sent an email with detailed relationship ongoing with lots of skype call log records our Pictures and first wedding anniversery pictures also we celebrated New year 2015 so sent pictures of that as well and as my wife went back to canada in March so i sent them her ticket and boarding passes when she came to me
yh!! thats i have provided them so far!

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
MisbahNabeel said:
Hi
in our application we did provide all the documents they asked for
Marriage Certificate
Picture around 15
and details of our relationship as it was arranged marriage

later in email Paris asked me for the proof of cohabitation and contact between both of us

so i sent an email with detailed relationship ongoing with lots of skype call log records our Pictures and first wedding anniversery pictures also we celebrated New year 2015 so sent pictures of that as well and as my wife went back to canada in March so i sent them her ticket and boarding passes when she came to me
yh!! thats i have provided them so far!
The only advice I hqve for you is not to panic. Take a copy of all of what you think is needed to prove your relationship and be honest and don't worry. There is no value of getting stressed now. Pray to ALLAH and be sure that he will never let you down.
Best luck Insha' ALLAH

RYIT

Dec 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2014
Doc's Request.
31/03/2015
AOR Received.
02/03/2015
File Transfer...
SA: 05/03/2015
Med's Request
31/03/2015
Med's Done....
17/04/2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
21/05/2015--COPR received 02/06/2015
LANDED..........
11/06/2015
Sorry Misbahnabeel, I don't know what specifically they are concerned about.

You being unemployed does not matter as long as you and your wife can prove that you guys have a way of financially supporting yourselves once you land in Canada.

MisbahNabeel

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Lisbon
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
13 Aug 2014
Med's Request
27th July 2015
Med's Done....
5th August 2015
Interview........
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
5th October 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21st October 2015
LANDED..........
17th November 2015
RYIT said:
Sorry Misbahnabeel, I don't know what specifically they are concerned about.

You being unemployed does not matter as long as you and your wife can prove that you guys have a way of financially supporting yourselves once you land in Canada.
so what do you think should i say in interview if they ask me about unemployment!
or what should be best answer to handle this situation!
i do have good studies i am Associate Engineer of Power Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Automotive Technology as well!!

noiro_dz

Mar 18, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2015
Doc's Request.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
14-12-2014
Passport Req..
18-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
Just checked the spreadsheet and saw that you landed today RYIT! Congrats! Let us know how it went :D

When I get to DM and then COPR how does it work? Do we get an e-mail for COPR or a letter in the mail? My wife needs to send her passport to Paris from Algeria right?

Thanks

besboosa

Star Member
Apr 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
noiro_dz said:
Just checked the spreadsheet and saw that you landed today RYIT! Congrats! Let us know how it went :D

When I get to DM and then COPR how does it work? Do we get an e-mail for COPR or a letter in the mail? My wife needs to send her passport to Paris from Algeria right?

Thanks
ٍso how do the spreadsheets work and do we update the spreadsheet individually?

RYIT

Dec 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2014
Doc's Request.
31/03/2015
AOR Received.
02/03/2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
31/03/2015
Med's Done....
17/04/2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
11/06/2015
MisbahNabeel said:
so what do you think should i say in interview if they ask me about unemployment!
or what should be best answer to handle this situation!
i do have good studies i am Associate Engineer of Power Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Automotive Technology as well!!

Just be completely honest with them. I have never gone through an interview so I don't know what to tell you. Has soblue3 gotten back to you?

MisbahNabeel

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Lisbon
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
13 Aug 2014
Med's Request
27th July 2015
Med's Done....
5th August 2015
Interview........
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
5th October 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21st October 2015
LANDED..........
17th November 2015
No soblue hasn't contact me yet I sent her msg but still she hasn't reply me back!

RYIT

Dec 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2014
Doc's Request.
31/03/2015
AOR Received.
02/03/2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
31/03/2015
Med's Done....
17/04/2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
11/06/2015
noiro_dz said:

Thanks
Because Algeria is not visa exempt you will receive passport request before they change your ECAS to decision made. You will have to mail your wife's passport to the Paris Embassy. Once your status changes to decision made they will mail you your passport back and your COPR. Most people receive their COPR 2 weeks after ECAS changes to decision made.
You will NOT get an e-mail to notify you that a decision has been made or that your COPR will be issued.

Today I landed, got my SIN # and applied for OHIP. It was a busy day but it feels so good to have it all out of the way!!!

We landed at the queenston lewiston bridge at Ontario/New York. The lines to cross the border were very short but it took quite some time to cross because they were searching every inch of everyone's car because of the two inmates who recently escaped from the maximum security prison in new york (close to the border).

Anyway once it was our turn we told the CBSA officer we were there to land as a permanent resident of canada. He looked at our passport and told the officer that was there directing traffic that we were there to "flagpole". They sent us to park in front of a building where another officer came out and gave us a piece of paper that said we were denied entry into the USA (because we didn't want to drive all the way into New York and come back).

We then pulled a u-turn and drove back through the Canadian side. We told the Canadian CBSA officer we were there to land and gave him the refusal paper from the USA side. We were then directed to park and go into the office and provide the immigration officer all of our paperwork. There were a handful of people in front of us, but in total in took 30 minutes including waiting. We handed in our documents and then were asked to sit down. We were then called back up, confirmed all the info on the COPR was correct, confirmed that he had never been convicted of a crime and had no other family members/dependants landing at a different time and then signed the COPR and that was it. The officer congratulated us and we were on our way. Driving back into Canada we had to pay a fee of $4.25.

Afterwards we went to Service Canada and he got his SIN number which didn't take more then 15 minutes in total including waiting and then headed over to Service Ontario and applied for OHIP. We were told his OHIP card will be valid and issued in 90 days from today.

All in all it was a lot of driving but so happy it is all over!

Best of luck to anyone who is still waiting!!!