+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents visitor visa

Preetkaur15

Mar 20, 2022
I got my Permanent residence recently and I am planning to apply my parents visitor visa.
I haven’t applied for their visa till now and it’s been 2 years I haven’t met them.
I am confused should I apply for their visitor visa or super visa? I meet the income eligibility (I.e., more than $50K). Parents don’t have any government job and not many strong ties back home.
Please suggest should I apply for super visa for my parents or visitor visa?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

I got my Permanent residence recently and I am planning to apply my parents visitor visa.
I haven’t applied for their visa till now and it’s been 2 years I haven’t met them.
I am confused should I apply for their visitor visa or super visa? I meet the income eligibility (I.e., more than $50K). Parents don’t have any government job and not many strong ties back home.
1. Your choice. But if they intend to stay for less than 6 months, ordinary TRV is fine.

dvkh

Jun 2, 2019
Hi which one did you end up applying?

SV670

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
26-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
26-Jan-2013
Interview........
25-June-2014
I'm Canadian citizen, and in Canada for 15 years, my parents never visited me in Canada. We applied for their visitor visa and same got refused thrice.
My Mother's refusal reasons
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

My Father's visa refusal reasons,
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• You have significant family ties in Canada.

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Both my parents are old and have no intentions of staying longer in Canada.

Please suggest.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm Canadian citizen, and in Canada for 15 years, my parents never visited me in Canada. We applied for their visitor visa and same got refused thrice.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

Please suggest.
You, being in Canada, are their significant family tie in Canada. How long did they requested to visit you in the previous application?

Reactions: SV670 and Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Please suggest.
What are their ties to home country if children are in Canada and they are elderly with I assume no job? How long was visit? Have you considered a super visa if you are citizen?

SV670

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
26-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
26-Jan-2013
Interview........
25-June-2014
You, being in Canada, are their significant family tie in Canada. How long did they requested to visit you in the previous application?
We are 4 siblings, my 2 brothers are in India, one sister is in New Zealand, and I'm the only one here in Canada.
We planned visit of 6 weeks.
Super visa is expensive and with no guarantee.

SV670

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
26-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
26-Jan-2013
Interview........
25-June-2014
Out of 4 siblings, I'm the only on in Canada. They planned their trip for 6 weeks.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are 4 siblings, my 2 brothers are in India, one sister is in New Zealand, and I'm the only one here in Canada.
We planned visit of 6 weeks.
Super visa is expensive and with no guarantee.
When was the last refusal? Was it after the announcement by the minister?

rockers2012

May 8, 2012
Please request GMC notes.you apply only one peron like mother or father. Home country ties required.if your mother in your country your father back home for mother
If father in your country mother back to home for father.

Reactions: SV670

SV670

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
26-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
26-Jan-2013
Interview........
25-June-2014
When was the last refusal? Was it after the announcement by the minister?
Last refusal came May 30th, and what did minister announce?