+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents visitor visa

Nash148

Jan 31, 2016
Hi all,

My in-laws are applying for visitor visa from Saudi Arabia. I am pregnant and their purpose of visit is to visit their first grandchild when he'll be born in November. Their visit is for 2 weeks.

- My father in law has an employment letter that states by what date he has to return to work and also how long he has been working for the company and that he has a valid renewable contract with the company.

- I know pregnancy shows strong ties to Canada, but my brother in law, who is in Saudi Arabia is also expecting their first child in January and they have mentioned that they will have to return back before the birth of their child.. Can this be seen as a strong tie to home country?

- They have a daughter who is not married, is a student and lives with them as their dependent and she is staying back in Saudi and not accompanying them to Canada. Would this be a strong tie back home? If yes, what document can they show that will prove that she is their dependent?

- My mother in law is a housewife and does not have travel history and is not employed. How can I show her strong ties to back home?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Be prepared for a denial - while there is a strong reason for travel, the visa officer will be concerned that your parents will be caring for the child in Canada. That is considered illegal work.

Obligations such as dependent children and other childbirths are good reasons to return home. Also show assets such as homes purchased, etc.

I'm not sure what to suggest about the mother in law.

Nash148

Jan 31, 2016
Be prepared for a denial - while there is a strong reason for travel, the visa officer will be concerned that your parents will be caring for the child in Canada. That is considered illegal work.

My parents live in the same city as I am.. and ofcourse will be caring for the child. So I wont be dependent on my in laws to take care when they come to visit. Do you think mentioning this would show the VO that they will be here just for visit?

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
What is the Nationality of your in-laws? From this forum I see a lot of Indians/Pakistanis and other nationalities living and working in U.A.E. and Saudi Arabia getting a lot of refusals lately. Their ties are weak due to the fact that U.A.E or Saudi Arabia is not their home country.

loststark

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Pregnancy is not always a reason for refusal. I know atleast 10 people whose parents mentioned visiting newborn as reason for visit and got TRV.

Make your parents ties at home really strong and attach as many supporting documents as possible.

Good luck

Reactions: scylla

Nash148

Jan 31, 2016
Well, they did apply on Oct 10 and happy to say that 3 weeks after submission they have finally gotten approved for visa! They did get rejected when applied for the first time in August.. this was the second time they applied.