+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Visitor Visa While On Study Permit Suggestions

kunaln53

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Hello Friends,

I am an international student living in Canada. I have my Graduation convocation next year in June. I want to invite my family to attend the Convocation. But the problem is I took a loan to study in Canada and their trip will be probably sponsored by my sister( Who is working at a good package and can accompany them if required) as my parents arent working for long. So I don't have any strong financial property evaluations or anything. Any recommendations, What can be done in that case ?

My Timeline :
Study Started: Sept 2020
Immigrated to Canada: Dec 2020
Study Completion: April 2022
Convocation: June 2022
My Study Permit Ends: Sept 2022
Work Permit ends : 2025(possibly)

Thanks in Advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Friends,

I am an international student living in Canada. I have my Graduation convocation next year in June. I want to invite my family to attend the Convocation. But the problem is I took a loan to study in Canada and their trip will be probably sponsored by my sister( Who is working at a good package and can accompany them if required) as my parents arent working for long. So I don't have any strong financial property evaluations or anything. Any recommendations, What can be done in that case ?

My Timeline :
Study Started: Sept 2020
Immigrated to Canada: Dec 2020
Study Completion: April 2022
Convocation: June 2022
My Study Permit Ends: Sept 2022
Work Permit ends : 2025(possibly)

Thanks in Advance
It is their profile and funds that are considered, so they need a strong profile (ties to home country, property, investments, funds, travel history etc.). Your loan is not relevant. If your sister is applying, she applies on her own merit too.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So Any solution? @Naturgrl?
Solution for what? Your parents apply for a visitor visa. They include their bank statements, properties, travel history (visas) etc. If your sister is over 22, then she submits an application separate from your parents. Your loan is not an issue as it is not in their name. You can include of a letter of invitation.

kunaln53

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Solution for what? Your parents apply for a visitor visa. They include their bank statements, properties, travel history (visas) etc. If your sister is over 22, then she submits an application separate from your parents. Your loan is not an issue as it is not in their name. You can include of a letter of invitation.
@Naturgrl As I mentioned that there is no property in their name or any other assets. They depend on my sister's income. So how can I show properties or bank statements when there are none

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
@Naturgrl As I mentioned that there is no property in their name or any other assets. They depend on my sister's income. So how can I show properties or bank statements when there are none
Then you don’t provide anything since they don’t have any bank accounts, liquid funds or assets. They can provide your sister’s bank statements but whether they will be considered (since it isn’t their own funds) is up to the VO. Assume your sister has a positive bank account with liquid funds. Her funds need to show that she isn’t using all her funds and savings for your parents visit to Canada.

kunaln53

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Then you don’t provide anything since they don’t have any bank accounts, liquid funds or assets. They can provide your sister’s bank statements but whether they will be considered (since it isn’t their own funds) is up to the VO. Assume your sister has a positive bank account with liquid funds. Her funds need to show that she isn’t using all her funds and savings for your parents visit to Canada.
Makes Perfect Sense. Thanks for your inputs.