+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Visitor Visa Timeline- Convocation 2022

nitindelhi04

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
October 25, 2022 - Applied for a Visitor visa for my Parents and Brother
October 26, 2022 - Biometric Request
October 31, 2022 - Biometric has been done.
October 31st, 2022 - Biometric Updated. for all.

Waiting for the next step.

November 18th, 2022: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements

nitindelhi04

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
October 25, 2022 - Applied for a Visitor visa for my Parents and Brother
October 26, 2022 - Biometric Request
October 31, 2022 - Biometric has been done.
October 31st, 2022 - Biometric Updated. for all.

Waiting for the next step.

November 18th, 2022: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements

nishu97

Nov 6, 2022
Hello Everyone, I hope this timeline will help anyone who is in the process to apply for their parent's visitor visa.
October 3rd, 2022 - Applied for Visitor visa for dad(primary applicant) and mom (Secondary applicant)
October 3rd, 2022 - Biometric Request Mumbai
October 4th, 2022 - Appointment booked.
October 7th, 2022 - Biometric did.
October 7th, 2022 - Afternoon mom's application status changed to "biometric completed" | Dad's application status was still "Biometric required"
October 10th, 2022 - I submitted a technical webform for this issue.
October 21st, 2022 - Night, Received original passport request.

P.S: If you are in the stage of biometrics not updating I will suggest raising a web form. As the applicant's country is India which already has many backlogs, this was expected.
//Background
Dad is the Primary applicant working internationally. Been traveling to India every year.
Mom is the Secondary applicant working as a housewife.

//Documents
I gave an invitation letter(I traveled in Sept 2020 and I missed my parents and dad was not in India when I left)
Dad wrote a statement of purpose.
I gave convocation details and a college confirmation letter.
P.S Fanshawe college did not give me an invitation letter from their side
Attached all visas, stamps, occupation letters bank details, and funds.
I did not show a significant amount of funds tho. | 10L in INR and 2K in CAD
I did not show any booked flights or hotel bookings. mentioned they gonna stay with me.

I hope it helps. :)
Hello, thanks for sharing this information.Could you also send invitation letter and SOP sample to this email address nishu1967007@gmail.com

dibs.ab

Mar 15, 2021
I recently started a new application for my mother. After 1.5 months of applying I’ve only now received the Biometrics payment request letter – paid for it and uploaded the receipt. People who’ve applied for visitor TRVs recently, what are timelines these days? Realistically how long until the process will complete from this point? I haven’t booked Biometrics submission appointment yet.

Jun 8, 2021
Hello Everyone, I hope this timeline will help anyone who is in the process to apply for their parent's visitor visa.
October 3rd, 2022 - Applied for Visitor visa for dad(primary applicant) and mom (Secondary applicant)
October 7th, 2022 - Afternoon mom's application status changed to "biometric completed" | Dad's application status was still "Biometric required"

P.S: If you are in the stage of biometrics not updating I will suggest raising a web form. As the applicant's country is India which already has many backlogs, this was expected.
//Background
Dad is the Primary applicant working internationally. Been traveling to India every year.

//Documents
I gave an invitation letter(I traveled in Sept 2020 and I missed my parents and dad was not in India when I left)
I did not show any booked flights or hotel bookings. mentioned they gonna stay with me.

[/QUOT
I could not able to share contact details. sorry. but I can help.
a) All the funds were in name of the parents.2K in CAD was from my Canadian account. If you could please show as many business documents as you can.
b) Please share your email address, and I will share the SOP and invitation letter.
Hi Can you send SOP and letter to me as well please. fbh2332@gmail.com

SKant

Star Member
Apr 16, 2022

//Background

//Documents

just came to say that your post indeed helped me. thanks for sharing your experience :)