+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Visitor Visa Timeline- Convocation 2022

prahu_shinde

Jan 6, 2020
Mumbai
Hello Everyone, I hope this timeline will help anyone who is in the process to apply for their parent's visitor visa.
October 3rd, 2022 - Applied for Visitor visa for dad(primary applicant) and mom (Secondary applicant)
October 3rd, 2022 - Biometric Request Mumbai
October 4th, 2022 - Appointment booked.
October 7th, 2022 - Biometric did.
October 7th, 2022 - Afternoon mom's application status changed to "biometric completed" | Dad's application status was still "Biometric required"
October 10th, 2022 - I submitted a technical webform for this issue.
October 21st, 2022 - Night, Received original passport request.

P.S: If you are in the stage of biometrics not updating I will suggest raising a web form. As the applicant's country is India which already has many backlogs, this was expected.
//Background
Dad is the Primary applicant working internationally. Been traveling to India every year.
Mom is the Secondary applicant working as a housewife.

//Documents
I gave an invitation letter(I traveled in Sept 2020 and I missed my parents and dad was not in India when I left)
Dad wrote a statement of purpose.
I gave convocation details and a college confirmation letter.
P.S Fanshawe college did not give me an invitation letter from their side
Attached all visas, stamps, occupation letters bank details, and funds.
I did not show a significant amount of funds tho. | 10L in INR and 2K in CAD
I did not show any booked flights or hotel bookings. mentioned they gonna stay with me.

I hope it helps. :)

Mahakarora

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Hello Everyone, I hope this timeline will help anyone who is in the process to apply for their parent's visitor visa.
October 3rd, 2022 - Applied for Visitor visa for dad(primary applicant) and mom (Secondary applicant)
October 3rd, 2022 - Biometric Request Mumbai
October 4th, 2022 - Appointment booked.
October 7th, 2022 - Biometric did.
October 7th, 2022 - Afternoon mom's application status changed to "biometric completed" | Dad's application status was still "Biometric required"
October 10th, 2022 - I submitted a technical webform for this issue.
October 21st, 2022 - Night, Received original passport request.

P.S: If you are in the stage of biometrics not updating I will suggest raising a web form. As the applicant's country is India which already has many backlogs, this was expected.
//Background
Dad is the Primary applicant working internationally. Been traveling to India every year.
Mom is the Secondary applicant working as a housewife.

//Documents
I gave an invitation letter(I traveled in Sept 2020 and I missed my parents and dad was not in India when I left)
Dad wrote a statement of purpose.
I gave convocation details and a college confirmation letter.
P.S Fanshawe college did not give me an invitation letter from their side
Attached all visas, stamps, occupation letters bank details, and funds.
I did not show a significant amount of funds tho. | 10L in INR and 2K in CAD
I did not show any booked flights or hotel bookings. mentioned they gonna stay with me.

I hope it helps. :)
Hi

I need some help to know the process little more? Could you please share your contact number if possible? And the funds you show 10L inr was in your account or your parents account?

do we need to show any business documents of parent if they owing very small business?
and could you please share sample of invitation letter and sop which your dad wrote!

Thanks in advance

prahu_shinde

Jan 6, 2020
Mumbai
I could not able to share contact details. sorry. but I can help.
a) All the funds were in name of the parents.2K in CAD was from my Canadian account. If you could please show as many business documents as you can.
b) Please share your email address, and I will share the SOP and invitation letter.

Mahakarora

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
a) All the funds were in name of the parents.2K in CAD was from my Canadian account. If you could please show as many business documents as you can.
b) Please share your email address, and I will share the SOP and invitation letter.
Thanks my email address is mahak1955@myucw.ca

Akshowjini

Oct 14, 2022
Hey can u also share the sop and invitation letter to me too
akshowhini.lavu@gmail.com

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
My university also did not provide an invitation letter for the convocation. Instead, I saved a screenshot of the university's convocation webpage and submitted that as proof. You may do the same, in case it helps. :)

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
You gave me hope, your timeline is quick. less than 20 days :)
My friend in the US fora visit and he wanted to visit me during holidays, he applied in 21/Oct, biometrics submitted and marked completed on 24/Oct. So hopefully by first week of Nov. he gets it :D

nitindelhi04

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
October 25, 2022 - Applied for a Visitor visa for my Parents and Brother
October 26, 2022 - Biometric Request
October 31, 2022 - Biometric has been done.
October 31st, 2022 - Biometric Updated. for all.

Waiting for the next step.

katwesiime

Nov 2, 2022
Good evening everyone ,l also tried to apply but they have never called me for biometric. Can you help me on that.

nitindelhi04

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
October 25, 2022 - Applied for a Visitor visa for my Parents and Brother
October 26, 2022 - Biometric Request
October 31, 2022 - Biometric has been done.
October 31st, 2022 - Biometric Updated. for all.

Waiting for the next step.
November 18th, 2022: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements