+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents visitor visa refusal/ reconsideration

Muhjaveed

Jan 19, 2023
Hello
My parents visitor visas got refused based on assets/financial situation and purpose of visit is not consistent .
My concern is that i don’t believe if the officer has reviewed the application and the supporting documents that i provided. Because in regards to the 1st reason we submit 1 house , 3 residential plots, 6.2 acres agricultural land documents , business letter, as well as 34000$CAD bank funds( last 6 month’s statement ) total worth more thn 130000$.
and i also provide explanations for purpose of trip and attached a day to day itinerary. Even tho they still refused the applications .
can anyone please advise if reconsideration request will be beneficial cz I strongly believe officer hasn’t reviewed my application.
any response will be highly appreciated.

trvdxb

Dec 9, 2019
Hello
My parents visitor visas got refused based on assets/financial situation and purpose of visit is not consistent .
My concern is that i don’t believe if the officer has reviewed the application and the supporting documents that i provided. Because in regards to the 1st reason we submit 1 house , 3 residential plots, 6.2 acres agricultural land documents , business letter, as well as 34000$CAD bank funds( last 6 month’s statement ) total worth more thn 130000$.
and i also provide explanations for purpose of trip and attached a day to day itinerary. Even tho they still refused the applications .
can anyone please advise if reconsideration request will be beneficial cz I strongly believe officer hasn’t reviewed my application.
[/QUOTE

what is your status in Canada and how long they planned to stay in Canada? did your father is a single owner in the business and did u submit business registration documents and any other business proofs? 34K funds were in his personal account or business account? if the visit was for short period of time along with other business proof and funds were in your father's account then yes you should apply for reconsideration request

Last edited:

Muhjaveed

Jan 19, 2023
@trvdxb thank you so much for yr response.
The visit was only for 3 weeks. And yes my father is a single owner in the business . I submitted the business letter head . 34k funds were in his personal account . He use that account for business as well . The funds are his saving are separate from the business investment. I truly believe that the supportive documents submitted with the application were not reviewed . I did submit a reconsideration request yesterday because there is a factual error of insufficient funds in the refusal. Im hoping the VO will reconsider it but feels like we will be lucky if he do so . Idk how long it will take cz im thinking of reapplying through an ircc regulated consultant this time. Once again thank you so much for response.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello
Any funds related to a business will not be counted. What do they have for liquid personal savings (no FD)? Did you provide an assessment of value with property ownerships? Are they shared ownership or only your parents?

trvdxb

Dec 9, 2019
@trvdxb thank you so much for yr response.
The visit was only for 3 weeks. And yes my father is a single owner in the business . I submitted the business letter head . 34k funds were in his personal account . He use that account for business as well . The funds are his saving are separate from the business investment. I truly believe that the supportive documents submitted with the application were not reviewed . I did submit a reconsideration request yesterday because there is a factual error of insufficient funds in the refusal. Im hoping the VO will reconsider it but feels like we will be lucky if he do so . Idk how long it will take cz im thinking of reapplying through an ircc regulated consultant this time. Once again thank you so much for response.
i wish you good luck and do one more thing apply gcms notes immediately it will help u out not only in reconsideration but for future application

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
Any funds related to a business will not be counted. What do they have for liquid personal savings (no FD)? Did you provide an assessment of value with property ownerships? Are they shared ownership or only your parents?
Will Fixed Deposits (FD's) in Indian bank accounts not count as Liquid money? FD's can be broken any time and money received into the bank account.

Resettlementincanada

Aug 14, 2021
Hello
A lot of times IRCC decisions are arbitrary in Visitor visa application.

You can submit a reconsideration request explaining that reason for refusal doesn't apply to your case, however, a reconsideration request is not a legal remedy and is highly discretionary in my opinion and it can take a lot of time for IRCC to review your request.
Nonetheless, you should still submit it with supporting evidence and request GCMS notes to find out the exact reason for the refusal. Then you could again apply addressing those reasons.

While it looks that the finances are not an issue in your case but what was the reason for their visit and what itinerary did you submit?
Did you explain in detail what your parent planned to do in those three or more weeks?

This is just my opinion and you should still be careful with your case.