+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Visitor Visa - India: Biometrics pending

Mai3

Apr 20, 2021
Hello, we applied my parents visitor visa in Jan 2021 and got request for biometrics
We waited till now thinking it might open in India which didn't happen. So we are planning to send them to Nepal in the may 1st week , but due to current covid situations in India I am very scared about their health and travel. Both are vaccinated and 2nd dosage will be taken next week so before flying to Nepal both will be vaccinated completely. I wanted to know anyone here planning to send their parents now to Nepal? Or travelling soon in this situation. Please suggest., We are expecting our first child.

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
I'm in same situation. My mum is unable to provide biometrics in India within the allotted time (3 months I think) what are the next steps. Does she need to call CIC/ VFS? Does she just go whenever the office opens and then submit the biometrics to CIC what is the procedure at this point?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, we applied my parents visitor visa in Jan 2021 and got request for biometrics
We waited till now thinking it might open in India which didn't happen. So we are planning to send them to Nepal in the may 1st week , but due to current covid situations in India I am very scared about their health and travel. Both are vaccinated and 2nd dosage will be taken next week so before flying to Nepal both will be vaccinated completely. I wanted to know anyone here planning to send their parents now to Nepal? Or travelling soon in this situation. Please suggest., We are expecting our first child.
Vaccines are not effective for 2 weeks. Your parents won't be able to travel to Canada so there is no rush to do their biometrics.