Med's Done....
21-11-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-07-2017
HiI I applied my parents for visitor visa online. I have presented all their properties and their banks but still rejected. My father is a farmer and my mother is a housewife. Below are the reasons:

1. You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your and your host’s assets and income - what does this mean
2. Travel History - they never been out of the country
3. Family ties in Canada and in your country of residence - just me who is in Canada. My siblings and their family are in PH.
4. Personal Assets and finacial status- my parents own an agricultural land and this land is the source of their income. My father is receiving monthly pension from his social security. Not that big but it helps on their daily expenses.

Any inputs folks. Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
HiI I applied my parents for visitor visa online. I have presented all their properties and their banks but still rejected. My father is a farmer and my mother is a housewife. Below are the reasons:

1. You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your and your host’s assets and income - what does this mean
3. Family ties in Canada and in your country of residence - just me who is in Canada. My siblings and their family are in PH.
4. Personal Assets and finacial status- my parents own an agricultural land and this land is the source of their income. My father is receiving monthly pension from his social security. Not that big but it helps on their daily expenses.

Any inputs folks. Thanks
Sorry to know your parents were refused. It's comparatively easier to get TRV approvals for applicants from the Philippines. Perhaps, their applications lacked certain critical evidence.

1. What was the purpose of the visit and for how long?

2. List of documents for each applicant

3. How much funds did they show for their visit?

ShinLee

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
09-12-2016 for Sponsor; 28-02-2017 for Applicant
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 25-11-2016
File Transfer...
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-11-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-07-2017
Sorry to know your parents were refused. It's comparatively easier to get TRV approvals for applicants from the Philippines. Perhaps, their applications lacked certain critical evidence.

Thank you for the swift response, Bryanna.

*To visit family and at the same tourism. As suggested here, I put 3-4 weeks from May 16 to June 10

*2 Bank Certificates with the total amount of CA$7,000+ plus an investment of CA$1,800+. 1 bank certificate is under their both names and the other one is under my father's name and also the investment certificate.
*1 Agricultural Land Title (source of their income) both on their name
*2 house and lot title - both on their name

*In the application for visitor visa, I put CA$3,000 funds available for their stay. But I stated in the invitation letter that I will pay for their airfare ticket back and forth, food and accommodation and other necessities for their duration of stay.

ShinLee

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-11-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-07-2017
Thank you for the swift response, Bryanna.

*To visit family and at the same tourism. As suggested here, I put 3-4 weeks from May 16 to June 10

*2 Bank Certificates with the total amount of CA$7,000+ plus an investment of CA$1,800+. 1 bank certificate is under their both names and the other one is under my father's name and also the investment certificate.

*In the application for visitor visa, I put CA$3,000 funds available for their stay. But I stated in the invitation letter that I will pay for their airfare ticket back and forth, food and accommodation and other necessities for their duration of stay.

What are the documents should I added?

gill367

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CHD
NOC Code......
wht was the timeline?
I have a similar case. I am still waiting for an update

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

I would recommend including a day-by-day visit plan with expense estimates. It's not necessary to show activities/sightseeing for every day.

The visit must be finite. It must not seem flexible nor open ended. Basically, it would be either 3 weeks or 4 weeks.

Funds for their visit should have been CAD 7,000 and not CAD 3,000.

They must also include a bank statement in lieu of the bank certificate.

Any evidence of work done on the land + payments to seasonal farm workers + valuation of the land + any loans for farm equipment or vehicles (and loan repayment statements, if applicable) + why your dad must return for the agricultural work after his visit, etc.

Indicative market value with supporting evidence for the valuation

Again, funds for the visit = CAD 7,000.

It's okay to support their visit by offering to pay for airfare. Do include flight itineraries/provisional tickets that are not paid for.

What are the documents should I added?
1. Your invitation letter would state you are gifting this holiday to thank them (a bit emotional, but nothing OTT).

2. Do they have any compelling reasons to return to the Philippines? For example, a wedding in the immediate family, a baptism, another holiday planned to even a domestic destination, etc?

3. Do they volunteer for charity or social causes?

4. Are your siblings dependent on your parents? Do they live at the same address? Do their children live with your parents?

5. Documents for the pension + if your dad must return to the PH to renew it

6. Although not mandatory, an overseas travel medical insurance policy for the dates of their visit (do purchase a policy that is refundable + allows for the visit dates to be changed for a small administrative fee)

Last edited:
Reactions: Aamurao14

Aamurao14

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
SK
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30 June 2016
AOR Received.
20 October 2016
Med's Request
08-08-2017
Med's Done....
15-08-2017
wht was the timeline?
I have a similar case. I am still waiting for an update
Hello gill367. I also applied TRV for my parents and waiting for result too. When did your parents do the biometrics?

Aamurao14

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
SK
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30 June 2016
AOR Received.
20 October 2016
Med's Request
08-08-2017
Med's Done....
15-08-2017

Any inputs folks. Thanks
I feel sorry for this. May I know if your parents did biometrics and how long did it take for the result to come after biometrics? Thank you

ShinLee

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-11-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-07-2017
I feel sorry for this. May I know if your parents did biometrics and how long did it take for the result to come after biometrics? Thank you
Yes, my parents did biometrics then after 4 days, I received a decision.

ShinLee

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-11-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-07-2017
I would recommend including a day-by-day visit plan with expense estimates. It's not necessary to show activities/sightseeing for every day.

Sure, I will construct this day-by-day visit plan.

The visit must be finite. It must not seem flexible nor open ended. Basically, it would be either 3 weeks or 4 weeks.

Okay

Funds for their visit should have been CAD 7,000 and not CAD 3,000.

Okay

They must also include a bank statement in lieu of the bank certificate.

Okay

Any evidence of work done on the land + payments to seasonal farm workers + valuation of the land + any loans for farm equipment or vehicles (and loan repayment statements, if applicable) + why your dad must return for the agricultural work after his visit, etc.

Indicative market value with supporting evidence for the valuation

Again, funds for the visit = CAD 7,000.

It's okay to support their visit by offering to pay for airfare. Do include flight itineraries/provisional tickets that are not paid for.

1. Your invitation letter would state you are gifting this holiday to thank them (a bit emotional, but nothing OTT).

Here is the invitation letter that I submitted:

I would like to invite my parent, XXX and XXX to visit us especially their grandson which they have not seen for almost 2 years and tour them to different parts of Saskatchewan as well as the neighboring province particularly in Alberta to show the breathtaking Rocky Mountains in Banff and Jasper and the enchanting turquoise lake in Lake Louise. They would travel to Canada in Spring or summer time as I know they cannot bear the cold winter here in Saskatchewan.

My husband and I and also my son would love to spend precious time with my parent. My father is now 73 years old and my mother is now 60 years old and we want to share with them the beauty of Canada while they can. With your help and generosity, we can enjoy time together. We respectfully request that they receive a permit to visit Canada. My husband and I will be taking full responsibility for all the expenses such as airfare ticket to/from Canada, accommodation (they will be staying with us), travel within Canada, food and any other necessities for the duration of their stay with us. We are aware and respect the temporary resident visa status and we offer our personal guarantee that my parents will definitely come back to the Philippines as their occupation and all their assets and properties are there.

How can I insert this "gifting this holiday to thank them "

2. Do they have any compelling reasons to return to the Philippines? For example, a wedding in the immediate family, a baptism, another holiday planned to even a domestic destination, etc?

My first cousin will be getting married on Dec 7 but no formal invitation yet. There was an invitation but thru Facebook. SHould I screenshot the invitation

3. Do they volunteer for charity or social causes?

NO

4. Are your siblings dependent on your parents? Do they live at the same address? Do their children live with your parents?

NO. My siblings have their own house. But my parents travel to Metropolitan every time they miss their grandchildren or vice versa.

5. Documents for the pension + if your dad must return to the PH to renew it

Okay. I will add this document

6. Although not mandatory, an overseas travel medical insurance policy for the dates of their visit (do purchase a policy that is refundable + allows for the visit dates to be changed for a small administrative fee)

Aamurao14

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
SK
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30 June 2016
AOR Received.
20 October 2016
Med's Request
08-08-2017
Med's Done....
15-08-2017
Yes, my parents did biometrics then after 4 days, I received a decision.
I see. Did they received a confirmation letter regarding the validity of biometrics? I just received that letter a while ago. Do you remember how long did you wait for the decision after the confirmation of biometrics? Sorry I asked too much questions. Thank you

gill367

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CHD
NOC Code......
Visa for my Parents got approved on 18th. We got the PPR.
Biometerics was given on 14th.

Regards,

gill367

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CHD
NOC Code......
Hello gill367. I also applied TRV for my parents and waiting for result too. When did your parents do the biometrics?
14th. Feb.

We got the pPR.
I see. Did they received a confirmation letter regarding the validity of biometrics? I just received that letter a while ago. Do you remember how long did you wait for the decision after the confirmation of biometrics? Sorry I asked too much questions. Thank you
We got the PPR 20 mins after that letter.