+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents visitor visa for pregnancy support

Cheemadavi

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
Hi, my father already have visitor visa which will expire in October as due to passport expiration date. And he never visited Canada until now due to covid . My mother never had visitor visa. Now I am pregnant and want to apply for mother's visitor visa. So now I have confusion here.
1. Should I apply only for my mother's visa?(She is a homemaker.)
2. Should my father get new passport and apply for visitor visa for both of them together?
Which will be better option?
Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, my father already have visitor visa which will expire in October as due to passport expiration date. And he never visited Canada until now due to covid . My mother never had visitor visa. Now I am pregnant and want to apply for mother's visitor visa. So now I have confusion here.
1. Should I apply only for my mother's visa?(She is a homemaker.)
2. Should my father get new passport and apply for visitor visa for both of them together?
Which will be better option?
Thank you
Is your father planning on coming before October on his own? Where do they live because processing times may be past October?
1. Yes, she can apply now.
2. If processing is long and he wants to travel with your mother then it may be best to apply together.

Applying together allows them to show funds as one. They still need to show their own travel history and ties to home country.

Cheemadavi

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
Is your father planning on coming before October on his own? Where do they live because processing times may be past October?
1. Yes, she can apply now.
2. If processing is long and he wants to travel with your mother then it may be best to apply together.

Applying together allows them to show funds as one. They still need to show their own travel history and ties to home country.
My father wants to come with my mother but for that he needs to get new visa. Here I have a confusion, is it okay to apply for new visa without travelling on the old one or is it important to travel once on his old visa and after that apply for new visa?
They live in India.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My father wants to come with my mother but for that he needs to get new visa. Here I have a confusion, is it okay to apply for new visa without travelling on the old one or is it important to travel once on his old visa and after that apply for new visa?
They live in India.
He can apply for a new visa with his new passport. He doesn’t have to travel on his current visa.

Cheemadavi

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
He can apply for a new visa with his new passport. He doesn’t have to travel on his current visa.
Okay, I have some complications also in my pregnancy, I am planning to apply for both of them in the end of June. Do you know how much time it will take to get visa?
Thank so much for your reply.