+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Visitor Visa application - passports expiring soon.

Meylis

Oct 5, 2016
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi,

I would highly appreciate if someone can share the answer or their experience if they had similar.

I would like to apply for my mom’s visa. Her passport expires in Feb 2025. I cannot renew her passport before 6 months of expiry (Aug 2024), and she won’t be able to fly if passport expiry is within 6 months, i.e. after Aug 2024.

The average processing time for visitor visas applied from my country is 5-6 months.

1. If her visa application gets approved by Aug 2024, and I receive “inquiry to submit” a passport for visa stamping, can i send a new passport to stamp a visa?
Like, maybe by submitting a webform with new passport details?
Or will i have to re-apply for a visitor visa again?

2. Does the biometrics stored for 10 years irrespective of passport details? In other words, do I have to submit new biometrics each time a passport is renewed?

Thank you!

TOTTI10

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
Hi,

I would highly appreciate if someone can share the answer or their experience if they had similar.

I would like to apply for my mom’s visa. Her passport expires in Feb 2025. I cannot renew her passport before 6 months of expiry (Aug 2024), and she won’t be able to fly if passport expiry is within 6 months, i.e. after Aug 2024.

The average processing time for visitor visas applied from my country is 5-6 months.

1. If her visa application gets approved by Aug 2024, and I receive “inquiry to submit” a passport for visa stamping, can i send a new passport to stamp a visa?
Like, maybe by submitting a webform with new passport details?
Or will i have to re-apply for a visitor visa again?

2. Does the biometrics stored for 10 years irrespective of passport details? In other words, do I have to submit new biometrics each time a passport is renewed?

Thank you!
Once she gets her new passport, send a copy to IRCC via Webform. That's what my mom did and they updated her file.

Meylis

Oct 5, 2016
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Once she gets her new passport, send a copy to IRCC via Webform. That's what my mom did and they updated her file.
Did you update passport before they finalized your application and asked to send passports for visa stamping?