FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Hi Guys ,

I am about to apply for a visitor record for my parents ,created a CIC account for both of them.

My doubts are :

• Since I am filling up the application from their cic account ,do I need to fill any representative form ? If yes ,which one should I fill ?

• I have a letter of financial support with my employment details which I will upload in financial support tab in the portal .But to explain why they need an extension ,do I need to upload an LOE in client information signed by them or I just explain the reason in financial support letter ?

• Since they are retired ,should I upload the papers for the new property they bought last year for both of them to show strong ties with home country .(They have visited Canada 3 times & the USA two times in last 10 years and went back within a month .)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys ,

I am about to apply for a visitor record for my parents ,created a CIC account for both of them.

My doubts are :

• Since I am filling up the application from their cic account ,do I need to fill any representative form ? If yes ,which one should I fill ?

• I have a letter of financial support with my employment details which I will upload in financial support tab in the portal .But to explain why they need an extension ,do I need to upload an LOE in client information signed by them or I just explain the reason in financial support letter ?

• Since they are retired ,should I upload the papers for the new property they bought last year for both of them to show strong ties with home country .(They have visited Canada 3 times & the USA two times in last 10 years and went back within a month .)
You can apply for them without needing to be a representative if you are essentially filling in the information for them. They should be including their own financial documents in addition to yours. Would include an explanation why they would like to extend their stay in Canada.

Amansethi86

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
Hi..I am in the same boat..can anybody help me in filing an extension stay on visitor visa application for my parents...Does it being a single GC account for both of them or different..As funds available with them are on joint account..how does they show individually in different application..

Please respond