+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents visiting this month

itsnoteasy

Sep 15, 2017
Hi. I am a PR here, my parents holding TRV are planning to visit me this month. They are travelling from Bangkok to Toronto via Abu Dhabi. Although I have done quite some research, I still have some doubts and wondering if you all can help.
  1. Their stopover in Abu Dhabi is 7 hrs. Do they need a PCR test there. They will obviously be getting a test before their first flight from Bangkok.
  2. Upon landing in Canada, as per the Canadian government’s website, they have to show proof that they will be staying in Canada for more than 14 days. I have not booked their return flights. Is there another way of showing that they will be staying longer.
  3. They are also required to show relationship with me. I don’t have a birth certificate but my passport’s last page does have their names listed as parents. Would that suffice?
Is there anything else I should know or prepare them for?

thanks in advance

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. I am a PR here, my parents holding TRV are planning to visit me this month. They are travelling from Bangkok to Toronto via Abu Dhabi. Although I have done quite some research, I still have some doubts and wondering if you all can help.
  1. Their stopover in Abu Dhabi is 7 hrs. Do they need a PCR test there. They will obviously be getting a test before their first flight from Bangkok.
  2. Upon landing in Canada, as per the Canadian government’s website, they have to show proof that they will be staying in Canada for more than 14 days. I have not booked their return flights. Is there another way of showing that they will be staying longer.
  3. They are also required to show relationship with me. I don’t have a birth certificate but my passport’s last page does have their names listed as parents. Would that suffice?
Is there anything else I should know or prepare them for?

thanks in advance
1) Canada requires a 72 hours negative test result, so it depends what time they get from Bangkok
2) The return flight itinerary is the best proof one can show
3) They can try

rp12343

Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is the status now? Are they coming to canada?

Viral

Jul 22, 2014
1) Canada requires a 72 hours negative test result, so it depends what time they get from Bangkok
2) The return flight itinerary is the best proof one can show
3) They can try
One quick question related to my Mother's travel this month (from India via London). -- Similar situation like above but with one below exception

- My mom is fully vaccinated but unfortunately COVAXIN is not approved by government of Canada. Is she allowed to travel to Canada?

- If the vaccination is NOT approved, if we show 14-day quarantine plan, will she allowed to enter to Canada? Please advise!

- Also, did you book the return flight to show the proof of stay here in Canada?

itsnoteasy

Sep 15, 2017
One quick question related to my Mother's travel this month (from India via London). -- Similar situation like above but with one below exception

- My mom is fully vaccinated but unfortunately COVAXIN is not approved by government of Canada. Is she allowed to travel to Canada?

- If the vaccination is NOT approved, if we show 14-day quarantine plan, will she allowed to enter to Canada? Please advise!

- Also, did you book the return flight to show the proof of stay here in Canada?
Parents of a PR aren’t required to be vaccinated to enter Canada. My parents were not fully vaccinated, so it should be ok. Your mother should have a quarantine plan printed out to show that she will have a private room/space to quarantine for 14 days.
I booked a dummy airticket in case officers at the airport asked for it, but they didn’t. But I’d say you can book it to be on the safer side.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Parents of a PR aren’t required to be vaccinated to enter Canada. My parents were not fully vaccinated, so it should be ok. Your mother should have a quarantine plan printed out to show that she will have a private room/space to quarantine for 14 days.
I booked a dummy airticket in case officers at the airport asked for it, but they didn’t. But I’d say you can book it to be on the safer side.
She will need a separate bedroom and bathroom and hopefully at least a kitchenette where she can remain segregated like a basement or loft bedroom and bathroom with door. If she having meals or food delivered she needs to wait at least a minute before opening her door and warn others when she is putting garbage outside her room so other can stay away from the area for a mini I’m 1 minute but hopefully longer. Transmission was found the people delivery food so they created a longer wait between when a person can open their door after food drop off and a longer wait time between when other in the surrounding areas can open door. Would suggest the person in quarantine put a towel under their door to create a better barrier. Household doorsaren’t flush with the floor.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Would suggest the person in quarantine put a towel under their door to create a better barrier. Household doorsaren’t flush with the floor.
How about hotel doors? Are they flush with the floor?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How about hotel doors? Are they flush with the floor?
Yes the sill usually makes hotel doors more flush to the floor partially to try to keep noise from getting out of the room. In a covid hotel those walking through the hallways are also wearing PPE. You can’t compare covid hotels that have been done right and someone’s home.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes the sill usually makes hotel doors more flush to the floor partially to try to keep noise from getting out of the room. In a covid hotel those walking through the hallways are also wearing PPE. You can’t compare covid hotels that have been done right and someone’s home.
Have you stayed in one of those hotels before Covid? Trying to keep noise from getting out of the room does not always makes it noise proof. Also, not everyone in a covid hotel through the hallways wear adequate PPE. Travelers might be wearing merely a face mask.

microbio1

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
My father will visit me soon but he is fully vaccinated with SINOVAC, does he need to be vaccinated again with MRNA in order to enter canada? Please advise. Thank you.

itsnoteasy

Sep 15, 2017
My father will visit me soon but he is fully vaccinated with SINOVAC, does he need to be vaccinated again with MRNA in order to enter canada? Please advise. Thank you.
Vaccination is not a requirement for immediate family. So no, he doesn’t need to be vaccinated again with another vaccine