+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents visiting on a visitor visa

Gurmanik400

Aug 12, 2020
Hello guys. I am a PR and live by myself. I wish to invite my parents for 2 months who currently hold a visitor visa. I am trying to get some kind of consent from IRCC but all I am receiving is auto replies saying the trip should be no-optional. Given the difficult times, I want them to stay with me and wondering if anyone's parents have come and how was the reason justified. Any help will be appreciated.

mu2

Oct 9, 2018
I am also in the same situation. My parents are having valid Vistor visa. I am planning to invite them. Also, from Aug 15, 2020, Canada and India have been in air bubble.

From Canadian government site, I understand that parents staying more than 15 days are considered as essential travel. Does that mean my parents can come to Canada? I don't want their boarding to be denied at the last minute in Airport. Because I am hearing so many news that parents were denied to board flights to Canada from India,

Any PR or Canadian Citizen invite parents to Canada from India recently. If so, kindly share the details here.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am also in the same situation. My parents are having valid Vistor visa. I am planning to invite them. Also, from Aug 15, 2020, Canada and India have been in air bubble.

From Canadian government site, I understand that parents staying more than 15 days are considered as essential travel. Does that mean my parents can come to Canada? I don't want their boarding to be denied at the last minute in Airport. Because I am hearing so many news that parents were denied to board flights to Canada from India,

Any PR or Canadian Citizen invite parents to Canada from India recently. If so, kindly share the details here.
Yes they can come to Canada as long as they are willing to quarantine for 14 days. They will either have to stay at a hotel AirBnB, stay in a separate area of your home where they will have no contact with you like a basement or you all quarantine together for 14 days.

tata0692

Sep 12, 2016
If parents are staying at same house with us, do we need to prove to immigration that they will live in a separate room ? And if we dont interact with our parents can me/wife go to work?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If parents are staying at same house with us, do we need to prove to immigration that they will live in a separate room ? And if we dont interact with our parents can me/wife go to work?
They need to be in an area where they are fully isolated and not sharing a bathroom. A basement is ideal. You can leave food for them and they can open the door once you are upstairs.