+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents visiting in Canada after July 5th

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I still have doubts as to why they are NOT exempt for quarantine. See https://www.blogto.com/travel/2021/06/canada-lifting-travel-restrictions-fully-vaccinated/

Looks like there has been further clarification since yesterday and so parents who have had one of the approved vaccinations in Canada will be exempt from quarantine. They need to have received their 2nd dose over 2 weeks before arriving in Canada. Would expect the system will evolve as countries come up with their own forms of vaccine passports because current vaccine proof is very weak and at risk of a lot of fraud.

empatio

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Looks like there has been further clarification since yesterday and so parents who have had one of the approved vaccinations in Canada will be exempt from quarantine. They need to have received their 2nd dose over 2 weeks before arriving in Canada. Would expect the system will evolve as countries come up with their own forms of vaccine passports because current vaccine proof is very weak and at risk of a lot of fraud.
That's great to hear! Can you please share where was the further clarification posted? I would like to have the whole picture before they commit to coming.

empatio

Star Member
May 23, 2017
My parents (I'm a permanent resident) came yesterday for their 16 day visit. They needed their proof of being fully vaccinated, having a negative PCR test from the last 72 hours, a translation of my birth certificate as proof of our relationship, and a copy of my PR card. They had to have ArriveCAN app filled out. With all this, they didn't have any problem coming here. No one was even questioning them. They didn't test them at the airport, but they got a self-testing kit that they have to do on the first day. They didn't get any restrictions at all. Good luck everyone with your close ones visiting you.

Reactions: msSK

Swathi.life

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) what is the email id we can email, if it is parents visitor visa we submitted, so that they can process faster ?

2) so dont we have to do the $2K pay at the airport anymore for 3 day hotel stay ?

empatio

Star Member
May 23, 2017
1) what is the email id we can email, if it is parents visitor visa we submitted, so that they can process faster ?

2) so dont we have to do the $2K pay at the airport anymore for 3 day hotel stay ?
1) I'm not sure as my parents are from Visa exempt country (only need ETA)
2) Fully vaccinated people (with Canadian approved vaccines) don't have to, the rest still does.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
1) I'm not sure as my parents are from Visa exempt country (only need ETA)
2) Fully vaccinated people (with Canadian approved vaccines) don't have to, the rest still does.
Does a fully vaccinated people (like your parents) have to self-isolate at home for certain days? Did you parent receive any info about this upon arrival? Also, are you on any of the city where international flights are allowed (YUL, YVR, YYZ and Calgary) or your parent took another flight inside Canada?

empatio

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Does a fully vaccinated people (like your parents) have to self-isolate at home for certain days? Did you parent receive any info about this upon arrival? Also, are you on any of the city where international flights are allowed (YUL, YVR, YYZ and Calgary) or your parent took another flight inside Canada?
They didn't have to self-isolate at all as they are fully vaccinated. The same rules are applied to them as to citizens coming back. They arrived straight in Vancouver, no flight in Canada. But I don't think that would be a problem.

Reactions: PhdStream

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
They didn't have to self-isolate at all as they are fully vaccinated. The same rules are applied to them as to citizens coming back. They arrived straight in Vancouver, no flight in Canada. But I don't think that would be a problem.
Thanks for your time in replying this. Is there do and don't form you experience that were not explicitly mentioned in IRCC/GoC website? My queries is for fully vaccinated immediate family members on visitor visa/eTA. Thanks in an advance?

harrygill2308

Feb 4, 2019
Hi Guys.. My parents ( from India-fully vaccinated) would like to visit me. I am a Citizen of Canada. With the new travel advisory it states that they can come visit me via a third country where they have to get a PCR done within last 72 hours and MIGHT have to stay in that third country for 14 days. The word might means there are some exceptions to the rule. Does anyone know if they can visit me. They already have their visa so that's not an issue. Has anyone parents recently travelled from India on tourist visa. Quarantine is not an issue with us, as I would rather have them quarantine here rather than in a third country. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

PVN

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
My parents are planning to come to Canada from India and I would like to know the details from someone whose parents have come after July 5th.

What was their experience at the airporrt?
Do they need to book 3 day hotel quarantine?
Which route/airline has been used to come to Canada?

empatio

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Thanks for your time in replying this. Is there do and don't form you experience that were not explicitly mentioned in IRCC/GoC website? My queries is for fully vaccinated immediate family members on visitor visa/eTA. Thanks in an advance?
I would say having your birth certificate that proofs your relationship translated and printed is the important one (just the copy is fine). Also having the results of the negative PCR test and your passport or PR card copy.

Reactions: PhdStream