+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents visiting Canada in Sep [Fully vaccinated but the vaccine is NOT approved by Canada as per website]

Viral

Jul 22, 2014
Hi. I am a PR here, my Mom holding Visitor visa is planning to visit us this month. she is travelling from India to Toronto via London. I have some questions and wondering if you can help.

- My mom is fully vaccinated but unfortunately COVAXIN is not approved by government of Canada. Is she allowed to travel to Canada?
- If the vaccination is NOT approved, if we show 14-day quarantine plan, will she allowed to enter to Canada? Please advise!
- Upon landing in Canada, as per the Canadian government’s website, they have to show proof that they will be staying in Canada for more than 14 days. -- Return flight ticket would suffice, right?
- Proof of relationship -- Can she show my birth certificate & Passport copies?

Please advise! Thanks in Advance

miguelca

May 6, 2021
Sadly, your mother is not recognized as fully vaccinated to enter as a tourist. Assuming they open the boarder on September 7th. No matter if she has a negative COVID test and a quarantine plan. She can’t enter as a tourist.

As you are PR you could ask an exception asking to reunite with family. But that’s a whole other process and I have no idea how it goes.

you can check Google to get more info

itsnoteasy

Sep 15, 2017
Your mother can enter Canada even if she is not fully vaccinated. My parents came to Canada last week, and they are not fully vaccinated.

14-day quarantine plan.
Return ticket
Negative pcr test
your birth certificate to show relationship
Your PR card

these would be required.
Also, I have heard that Canada is not accepting negative tests from India, so do check on that.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi. I am a PR here, my Mom holding Visitor visa is planning to visit us this month. she is travelling from India to Toronto via London. I have some questions and wondering if you can help.

- My mom is fully vaccinated but unfortunately COVAXIN is not approved by government of Canada. Is she allowed to travel to Canada?
- If the vaccination is NOT approved, if we show 14-day quarantine plan, will she allowed to enter to Canada? Please advise!
- Upon landing in Canada, as per the Canadian government’s website, they have to show proof that they will be staying in Canada for more than 14 days. -- Return flight ticket would suffice, right?
- Proof of relationship -- Can she show my birth certificate & Passport copies?

Please advise! Thanks in Advance
Is travel through London an option again? You may want to look up the thread in the international school section. They often have the most recent information about indirect routes from India.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

singhisking83

Jul 16, 2018
Your mother can enter Canada even if she is not fully vaccinated. My parents came to Canada last week, and they are not fully vaccinated.

14-day quarantine plan.
Return ticket
Negative pcr test
your birth certificate to show relationship
Your PR card

these would be required.
Also, I have heard that Canada is not accepting negative tests from India, so do check on that.
Hi,
did you apply for the authorization to travel for your parents? If so, could you guide as to how you did that?

Many thanks!