+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Visa Refusal

hs9798

Mar 18, 2018
Helllo Everyone,

I am permanent residence in Canada. I have my wife and grandparents in Canada.. I applied for my parents temporary visitor visa, but got refused.My father is already refused 3 times visitor visa for canada and my mother applied this time and got refusal. I got the notes from CIC and mentioned below reason,

Insufficient proof of financial status, PA/family does not appear established in home country - inviter did not provide proof of employment, PA has not demonstrated sufficient ties to motivate return.

In regards to insufficient ties, i already mentioned to CIC, my younger sister is back home in India
I got a home and recently got married over here, so I want my parents to visit my place,.

1. Shall i apply tourist visa again with my proof of income and adding their more financial documents !!
2. Or shall i apply super visa as I am eligible for that as well.
3. Any other thing I can do...

Please suggest me something, i have been away from my parents for 4 years and would like to invite them for a month only. Please help !!!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Helllo Everyone,

I am permanent residence in Canada. I have my wife and grandparents in Canada.. I applied for my parents temporary visitor visa, but got refused.My father is already refused 3 times visitor visa for canada and my mother applied this time and got refusal. I got the notes from CIC and mentioned below reason,

Insufficient proof of financial status, PA/family does not appear established in home country - inviter did not provide proof of employment, PA has not demonstrated sufficient ties to motivate return.

In regards to insufficient ties, i already mentioned to CIC, my younger sister is back home in India
I got a home and recently got married over here, so I want my parents to visit my place,.

1. Shall i apply tourist visa again with my proof of income and adding their more financial documents !!
2. Or shall i apply super visa as I am eligible for that as well.
3. Any other thing I can do...

Please suggest me something, i have been away from my parents for 4 years and would like to invite them for a month only. Please help !!!
1. What was the purpose of their visit?

2. When did your dad apply the first time? How soon has he reapplied each time?

3. What documents did each parent submit?

4. Are your parents retired/ employed/ business? Do they own property/land or have a lease? Is your sister married or does she live with your parents? Do your parents have adequate finances to afford the visit without depending on you? Have they traveled to other visa-required countries, specifically to the US, UK, EU, Australia, NZ, Japan, etc?

hs9798

Mar 18, 2018
1. What was the purpose of their visit?

I got married in december , and they come to visit me and explore canada.

2. When did your dad apply the first time? How soon has he reapplied each time?

He applied in 2012,2015 and now in 2018

3. What documents did each parent submit?

Their financial immovable assets including land, proof of income by father
Father's document as leader in social communtiy
Mother is people elected official leader of village, document specifying that.

4. Are your parents retired/ employed/ business? Do they own property/land or have a lease? Is your sister married or does she live with your parents? Do your parents have adequate finances to afford the visit without depending on you? Have they traveled to other visa-required countries, specifically to the US, UK, EU, Australia, NZ, Japan, etc?
No they are working, self-owned business. Yes they are well settled, but immigration office mentioned they are not well established.
My Sister is 18 year old, unmarried . Living with parents
in their 5707 form i showed CDN 3000 each, but they are financially good and can afford theirself.
My father travelled to thailand, singapore, srilanka around 2000

Thanks @Bryanna. I will be buying their health insurance as well, SO i am planning to add that as well to file again,
I am also eligible for super visa as well, as asked my parents to attach all bank accounts with liquid money.

dann_flores

Dec 22, 2010
St. John's, NL
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2009
Doc's Request.
10-12-2009
Nomination.....
18-12-2009
AOR Received.
18-03-2010
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
18-03-2010
Med's Done....
20-04-2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
07-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-10-2010
My two cents:

> Opt for a Super Visa
> Prepare for a good Letter of Invitation, convincing them that you can sponsor them for this trip
> Submit your T4, Letter of Assessment and current Letter of Employment
> Submit the following as Purpose of Travel (need to convince CE that your parents have strong ties to your home country)
1. all bank accounts, preferably savings accounts
2. stocks certificates, if there's any
3. business registration/documents
4. land title / property documents
5. any letter from associations/clubs/community involvement

HTH

hs9798

Mar 18, 2018
My two cents:

> Opt for a Super Visa
> Prepare for a good Letter of Invitation, convincing them that you can sponsor them for this trip
> Submit your T4, Letter of Assessment and current Letter of Employment
> Submit the following as Purpose of Travel (need to convince CE that your parents have strong ties to your home country)
1. all bank accounts, preferably savings accounts
2. stocks certificates, if there's any
3. business registration/documents
4. land title / property documents
5. any letter from associations/clubs/community involvement

HTH
Thanks for your time @dann_flores
Yes I will be looking for super visa.

hs9798

Mar 18, 2018
I’m using a different account. Haha. Yeah, just let us know if you have other questions. Good luck.
Thanks !! I have question, how much amount shall I ask my parents to fill on form 5707 (money for travel purpose)!!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks !! I have question, how much amount shall I ask my parents to fill on form 5707 (money for travel purpose)!!
The funds available for their visit must be the money they have earned + paid taxes. Basically, their bank balance without anything borrowed

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
No they are working, self-owned business. Yes they are well settled, but immigration office mentioned they are not well established.
It would be easier to advise if you had posted the list of documents that they had submitted.

My Sister is 18 year old, unmarried . Living with parents
I believe you had indicated your sister (and your mom) as family ties to return to for your dad's previous TRV applications. But, unfortunately, it did not work.

So, the key question is:
Why was he refused thrice earlier? Reapplying with your mom has resulted in the fourth refusal.

I would focus on understanding why your dad has been refused four times instead of reapplying whether it is for a TRV or a super visa.

A super visa is not a fix-all-solution-to-a-TRV-refusal.

in their 5707 form i showed CDN 3000 each, but they are financially good and can afford theirself.
This amount is very low and wouldn't cover the cost of their visit + airfare.

My father travelled to thailand, singapore, srilanka around 2000
None of these countries count as travel history + this travel was 18 years ago.

Thanks @Bryanna. I will be buying their health insurance as well, SO i am planning to add that as well to file again,
I am also eligible for super visa as well, as asked my parents to attach all bank accounts with liquid money.
I recommend you do NOT apply/reapply without first knowing the root cause of your dad's previous refusals

DrPassion

Sep 7, 2021
Ffriends, please help! My parents visa application was refused again for 3rd time ( first super visa, then 2 tourist visas)
My parents applied for 3rd time last month with full proof of financial status verified by CA along with property documents and all financial assets, yet they have received a letter stating the same generic reasons for refusal saying that their financial assets is not sufficient. Problem is that I am their only child and I don't have any siblings. We first applied for super visa for my parents in 2021 Feb, which got refused for financial reasons( complete BS because they lost my financial docs which were attached in application) and no insurance taken ( that was my mistake I admit, I didn't know that I have to attach it despite there being no true slot for it.
So I applied for my parents again in Dec 2022 this time for tourist visa ,which got refused again in 10 days ( we had shown 2 FDs for 15 lacs each for both parents) for financial assets generic reason. We felt that maybe we need to show complete financial and property documents which we showed this time around along with everything else. But even that has failed. I am at a loss at what to do next. Please help!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ffriends, please help! My parents visa application was refused again for 3rd time ( first super visa, then 2 tourist visas)
My parents applied for 3rd time last month with full proof of financial status verified by CA along with property documents and all financial assets, yet they have received a letter stating the same generic reasons for refusal saying that their financial assets is not sufficient. Problem is that I am their only child and I don't have any siblings. We first applied for super visa for my parents in 2021 Feb, which got refused for financial reasons( complete BS because they lost my financial docs which were attached in application) and no insurance taken ( that was my mistake I admit, I didn't know that I have to attach it despite there being no true slot for it.
So I applied for my parents again in Dec 2022 this time for tourist visa ,which got refused again in 10 days ( we had shown 2 FDs for 15 lacs each for both parents) for financial assets generic reason. We felt that maybe we need to show complete financial and property documents which we showed this time around along with everything else. But even that has failed. I am at a loss at what to do next. Please help!
Fixed deposits are the issue. How much liquid cash do they have. Can be in something like a high yield savings account but need to be readily accessible cash.

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Hi

I am the only child and I am in process of applying for my mom's TRV.

She draws a monthly pension back in India and also has approx 68K CAD worth of money to show in her bank accounts including saving account, deposits and provident funds. Is this sufficient for a successful application?

We also jointly own a house in India. Can I attach a utility bill to prove the same as it has my and my mother's name

What about health insurance and flight tickets? Should I buy it and attach in application or should I explain in letter that we will buy good amount of insurance

Should I also attach a letter of explanation along with my employment letter and my proof of funds back in India? I just started out my full time job in Canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi

I am the only child and I am in process of applying for my mom's TRV.

She draws a monthly pension back in India and also has approx 68K CAD worth of money to show in her bank accounts including saving account, deposits and provident funds. Is this sufficient for a successful application?

We also jointly own a house in India. Can I attach a utility bill to prove the same as it has my and my mother's name

What about health insurance and flight tickets? Should I buy it and attach in application or should I explain in letter that we will buy good amount of insurance

Should I also attach a letter of explanation along with my employment letter and my proof of funds back in India? I just started out my full time job in Canada
In term of finances how much liquid cash will be important. How much liquid funds can she show (no fixed deposits)? Proof of property ownership will be helpful. The deed would be much better than a utility bill. What would be even better would be a valuation or at least approximate valuation for the property. She should include proof of ties to her home country. For example proof that she has to return to India during a certain period of time to receive her pension. If her parents are alive and she provides care for them that would also provide proof of ties to India. Do not buy any plane tickets until you have an approved TRV. All you need to include is a proposed itinerary which can be obtained on the airline website or any travel website. You can include details of what flight you would take to Canada and your return ticket. If your TRV is approved you do not need to book the flights specified in the application.
Your mother applying for a TRV before you move to a Canada and get established in Canada is not a great idea especially as a widow and if your mother doesn’t have a significant international travel history. There will likely be concern that your mother is attempting to move to Canada with you which is not allowed. Would suggest that she wait until you have established yourself in Canada and have secured a place to live, settled into your job in Canada before she applies for a TRV and to come visit you in Canada. Applying after you have lived in Canada for around 6 months would seem reasonable for a parent to come visit their child after they have moved abroad. How long does she want to spend visiting Canada during this first visit? She can mention she will purchase emergency medical travel insurance when she has booked her flights although it is technically not required, except on a supervisa, it is highly recommended due the cost of healthcare if you do have a medical emergency.

DrPassion

Sep 7, 2021
Fixed deposits are the issue. How much liquid cash do they have. Can be in something like a high yield savings account but need to be readily accessible cash.
Thanks , I think that might be one issue. We can fix that by letting some FDs mature. But the other issue is intent. Maybe they feel that since I'm the only child, my parents wouldn't leave if they get a visa! Obviously they don't know my parents! My dad has recently been diagnosed with dementia, and I'm not sure if he will pass the medical exam that a supervisa will need. And tourist visa is being continuously denied. I dont know which path to take.

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
In term of finances how much liquid cash will be important. How much liquid funds can she show (no fixed deposits)? Proof of property ownership will be helpful. The deed would be much better than a utility bill. What would be even better would be a valuation or at least approximate valuation for the property. She should include proof of ties to her home country. For example proof that she has to return to India during a certain period of time to receive her pension. If her parents are alive and she provides care for them that would also provide proof of ties to India. Do not buy any plane tickets until you have an approved TRV. All you need to include is a proposed itinerary which can be obtained on the airline website or any travel website. You can include details of what flight you would take to Canada and your return ticket. If your TRV is approved you do not need to book the flights specified in the application.
Your mother applying for a TRV before you move to a Canada and get established in Canada is not a great idea especially as a widow and if your mother doesn’t have a significant international travel history. There will likely be concern that your mother is attempting to move to Canada with you which is not allowed. Would suggest that she wait until you have established yourself in Canada and have secured a place to live, settled into your job in Canada before she applies for a TRV and to come visit you in Canada. Applying after you have lived in Canada for around 6 months would seem reasonable for a parent to come visit their child after they have moved abroad. How long does she want to spend visiting Canada during this first visit? She can mention she will purchase emergency medical travel insurance when she has booked her flights although it is technically not required, except on a supervisa, it is highly recommended due the cost of healthcare if you do have a medical emergency.

yes she does have to present herself once a year during November to continue receive her pension. I have mentioned it in the Invitation letter. The fixed deposits are complete accessible and can be converted to liquid cash for ready disposal at any given point of time irrespective of maturity dates

She does travel history to Australia , Singapore and Thailand on temporary visas. But they are more than 5 years ago. The TRV application specifically asked for travel history within last 5 years

I forgot to mention I am a permanent resident of Canada.