File Transfer...
March 24, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2014
Passport Req..
28-04-2015
Hi guys! So, I am planning to invite my parents here in Canada during the summer for family visit and tourism purposes only.

My questions are:

1. Can I submit the papers on their behalf?

2. Should I create 2 separate applications? Or just 1 application with my dad as the primary applicant and mom as the secondary?

3. Do I need to state the exact “planned” date of arrival, even if it is unsure (as they dont have their visa yet).

4. Do I need to buy their return tickets right away?

5. So, even if I say that they will be staying here for 4 weeks; they could actually stay no longer than 6 months, depending on what the CBSA officer allow. Am I right?

Thanks guys!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi guys! So, I am planning to invite my parents here in Canada during the summer for family visit and tourism purposes only.

My questions are:

1. Can I submit the papers on their behalf?

2. Should I create 2 separate applications? Or just 1 application with my dad as the primary applicant and mom as the secondary?

3. Do I need to state the exact “planned” date of arrival, even if it is unsure (as they dont have their visa yet).

4. Do I need to buy their return tickets right away?

5. So, even if I say that they will be staying here for 4 weeks; they could actually stay no longer than 6 months, depending on what the CBSA officer allow. Am I right?

Thanks guys!
1. Sure.

2. I believe only one account is OK as your dad and mom are spouses, so they can share an account.

3. Yes, mentioning planned dates is ok even if not final.

4. No. You do not buy tickets until after the visa is approved, nor does IRCC expect you to submit paid tickets in the app. You can include mock bookings if you like.

5. Sure. You can actually try to apply to extend their trip past 6 months after they land. If you plan them to stay long, you still must buy their return tickets as they are travelling on a TRV (they can be denied boarding on a one-way ticket), but you can cancel or reschedule the return ticket after they arrive.

Reactions: Bryanna

adrihunn

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2015
AOR Received.
None (SA Confirmed through phone)
File Transfer...
March 24, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2014
Passport Req..
28-04-2015
1. Sure.

2. I believe only one account is OK as your dad and mom are spouses, so they can share an account.

3. Yes, mentioning planned dates is ok even if not final.

4. No. You do not buy tickets until after the visa is approved, nor does IRCC expect you to submit paid tickets in the app. You can include mock bookings if you like.

5. Sure. You can actually try to apply to extend their trip past 6 months after they land. If you plan them to stay long, you still must buy their return tickets as they are travelling on a TRV (they can be denied boarding on a one-way ticket), but you can cancel or reschedule the return ticket after they arrive.
Oh, you guys are awesome! Thanks for the response. Although, I have more questions regarding their profile. Please let me know whether you guys would consider their ties in the Philippines as "strong"

My dad is a retired manager/engineer and my mom is a housewife. They now own a business and are living a very comfortable life in the Philippines. My sisters still lives with them, although both are adults (typical Filipino culture/family).

NOTE: All of their assets are conjugal.

BANK STATEMENTS
TOTAL of $91,500 CAD (mom and dad have their own accounts plus a time deposit)

REAL PROPERTY

7 Tax declarations of real/land properties

BUSINESS PERMIT CERTIFICATE

They are a Real Estate Lessor (Commercial Building) that is being leased by a the corporation of a Filipino multinational chain of fast food restaurant.

VEHICLES - CERT OF REGISTRATION
They own 2 cars, and 4 motorcycles

TRAVEL HISTORY
Well, I know that Hong Kong isn't really considered. But that all they have.. Should I be worried?

Here are my questions:
1. Would it be necessary or should I also include their leasing contract with the food chain corporation? Just to show where they are receiving their monthly income?

2. They have been longing for their 3 year old grandson (my son), should they indicate that as well? Or not necessarily.

3. They will be paying for their airfare on the way here, would that cause problems if they indicate that? Although I will be responsible for their housing, food, insurance and some of their Canadian Expenses for sure.

4. What are their chances of being refused since they haven't been to the US, or other visa required countries?

5. To whom do I address the invitation letter to? My parents or the Visa Officer?

6. I have 2 adult sisters who still lives with them (typical Filipino culture/family) and a grandma (my dad's mom). Could they be used as a family tie to return to?

What else should they include to make their ties stronger. They literally just want to see Canada as they are getting old! T.T

Last edited:

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Oh, you guys are awesome! Thanks for the response. Although, I have more questions regarding their profile. Please let me know whether you guys would consider their ties in the Philippines as "strong"

My dad is a retired manager/engineer and my mom is a housewife. They now own a business and are living a very comfortable life in the Philippines. My sisters still lives with them, although both are adults (typical Filipino culture/family).

NOTE: All of their assets are conjugal.

BANK STATEMENTS
TOTAL of $91,500 CAD (mom and dad have their own accounts plus a time deposit)

REAL PROPERTY

BUSINESS PERMIT CERTIFICATE

They are a Real Estate Lessor (Commercial Building) that is being leased by a the corporation of a Filipino multinational chain of fast food restaurant.

VEHICLES - CERT OF REGISTRATION
They own 2 cars, and 4 motorcycles

TRAVEL HISTORY
Well, I know that Hong Kong isn't really considered. But that all they have.. Should I be worried?

Here are my questions:
1. Would it be necessary or should I also include their leasing contract with the food chain corporation? Just to show where they are receiving their monthly income?

2. They have been longing for their 3 year old grandson (my son), should they indicate that as well? Or not necessarily.

3. They will be paying for their airfare on the way here, would that cause problems if they indicate that? Although I will be responsible for their housing, food, insurance and some of their Canadian Expenses for sure.

4. What are their chances of being refused since they haven't been to the US, or other visa required countries?

5. To whom do I address the invitation letter to? My parents or the Visa Officer?

6. I have 2 adult sisters who still lives with them (typical Filipino culture/family) and a grandma (my dad's mom). Could they be used as a family tie to return to?

What else should they include to make their ties stronger. They literally just want to see Canada as they are getting old! T.T
1. They’re leasing a building to a Jollibee? Approved! Kidding aside, it’s really up to the visa officer’s discretion. To me, your parents’ assets look very good to establish ties, but it’s not my opinion that will matter. I always say you should overdo it for a Canadian TRV. Might also help to provide a brief cover letter itemizing their finances for this section. Yes include their cars and motorcycles here too.

2. It’s up to you. You can mention it briefly, but what we’ve noticed here is that the Manila VO sometimes considers some sympathy. If that were me, I wouldn’t do it, but...you be the judge. It’s your situation, and you should know best.

3. No problems at all. Include your bank statements, COE, passport to show your finances as well. If you feel like it, you can also provide an estimated budget and who will pay for what between you guys. Not necessary, but it might help.

4. Tough for any of us to say. Travel history is one factor, but economic ties will definitely supersede that. On that part, I think your parents are in good shape.

5. Address it to the visa officer. You can also mention their visit to their grandson here if you like.

6. IMO, not really. They’ll be mentioned in the Family Information Form, and that’s usually enough.

Overall, I think your parents do have a good shot, in spite of the lack of travel history, just as long as you prepare well. Good luck!

adrihunn

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 24, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2014
Passport Req..
28-04-2015
1. They’re leasing a building to a Jollibee? Approved! Kidding aside, it’s really up to the visa officer’s discretion. To me, your parents’ assets look very good to establish ties, but it’s not my opinion that will matter. I always say you should overdo it for a Canadian TRV. Might also help to provide a brief cover letter itemizing their finances for this section. Yes include their cars and motorcycles here too.

2. It’s up to you. You can mention it briefly, but what we’ve noticed here is that the Manila VO sometimes considers some sympathy. If that were me, I wouldn’t do it, but...you be the judge. It’s your situation, and you should know best.

3. No problems at all. Include your bank statements, COE, passport to show your finances as well. If you feel like it, you can also provide an estimated budget and who will pay for what between you guys. Not necessary, but it might help.

4. Tough for any of us to say. Travel history is one factor, but economic ties will definitely supersede that. On that part, I think your parents are in good shape.

5. Address it to the visa officer. You can also mention their visit to their grandson here if you like.

6. IMO, not really. They’ll be mentioned in the Family Information Form, and that’s usually enough.

Overall, I think your parents do have a good shot, in spite of the lack of travel history, just as long as you prepare well. Good luck!
You guessed it right! Lol. I hope the visa officer will be as considerate as you are LOL. But I swear, you are awesome! It makes me feel more at ease. So, another set of questions! Sorry, if I have too much, I really want to be careful :(.. I might post my invitation letter just to verify if I'm doing it right. But Ill do that later.

1. So, if I submit their papers on their behalf, do I still need to indicate that I am a representative?

2. Are the forms of TRV and SuperVisa the same? I just wanted to make sure so that I dont fill up the wrong forms.

3. Invitation letters does not need to be notarized, right?

4. How do they sign the forms when they apply online? - I haven't had the chance to look at the forms, but I know that they need to sign it. Since I am the one applying for them, can they just print out the form, sign, then email it to me? Or it has to be filled out directly online.

5. I can use my credit card when applying for their VISA right?

Thanks again!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
You guessed it right! Lol. I hope the visa officer will be as considerate as you are LOL. But I swear, you are awesome! It makes me feel more at ease. So, another set of questions! Sorry, if I have too much, I really want to be careful :(.. I might post my invitation letter just to verify if I'm doing it right. But Ill do that later.

1. So, if I submit their papers on their behalf, do I still need to indicate that I am a representative?

2. Are the forms of TRV and SuperVisa the same? I just wanted to make sure so that I dont fill up the wrong forms.

3. Invitation letters does not need to be notarized, right?

4. How do they sign the forms when they apply online? - I haven't had the chance to look at the forms, but I know that they need to sign it. Since I am the one applying for them, can they just print out the form, sign, then email it to me? Or it has to be filled out directly online.

5. I can use my credit card when applying for their VISA right?

Thanks again!
Positive thinking is always my belief when it comes to visa applications! Well, OK, that, and hard work. You're doing the right thing by doing some research/asking questions on this forum first.

1. Yes, it would be safer that way.

2. I'm not sure myself because I've never handled a super visa application, but I believe so (or someone here can confirm)...if you answer the questionnaire accordingly and indicate a visit of less than 6 months and they give you a form...then that's the form to use.

3. Yes, no need for the Philippines. If you haven't found the page yet, here are the guidelines for an invitation letter:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/letter-invitation.html

4. The main application form doesn't need signatures, only an electronic code will be generated (you also can't upload the form if it's not electronically validated). I've heard of some applicants submitting the family information form without any signatures, but I personally affixed an e-signature on mine. But sure, they can print out the form on their end (or send them a form you filled out), sign, scan/take a cell phone picture of it.

5. Of course.

adrihunn

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 24, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2014
Passport Req..
28-04-2015
Positive thinking is always my belief when it comes to visa applications! Well, OK, that, and hard work. You're doing the right thing by doing some research/asking questions on this forum first.

1. Yes, it would be safer that way.

2. I'm not sure myself because I've never handled a super visa application, but I believe so (or someone here can confirm)...if you answer the questionnaire accordingly and indicate a visit of less than 6 months and they give you a form...then that's the form to use.

3. Yes, no need for the Philippines. If you haven't found the page yet, here are the guidelines for an invitation letter:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/letter-invitation.html

4. The main application form doesn't need signatures, only an electronic code will be generated (you also can't upload the form if it's not electronically validated). I've heard of some applicants submitting the family information form without any signatures, but I personally affixed an e-signature on mine. But sure, they can print out the form on their end (or send them a form you filled out), sign, scan/take a cell phone picture of it.

5. Of course.
Thanks again! Well, they are only applying for Visitors Visa and not the SuperVisa. Do you think Im over doing it? Its not like they're gonna consider their application as SuperVisa if they're only applying for Visitor Visa, right?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thanks again! Well, they are only applying for Visitors Visa and not the SuperVisa. Do you think Im over doing it? Its not like they're gonna consider their application as SuperVisa if they're only applying for Visitor Visa, right?
No, it’s fine. A super visa also requires medical insurance and you’re not doing that. Better to start with an ordinary TRV now, have them establish travel history first, then you can apply for a super visa for them in thr future should you choose.

adrihunn

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 24, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2014
Passport Req..
28-04-2015
No, it’s fine. A super visa also requires medical insurance and you’re not doing that. Better to start with an ordinary TRV now, have them establish travel history first, then you can apply for a super visa for them in thr future should you choose.
Hey! I am back. Lol, I am still gathering documents for the Visitor Visa for my parents. My question is, do they need to get NBI or police clearance for visitor visa?

adrihunn

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 24, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2014
Passport Req..
28-04-2015
Okay. Thanks! and...
1. What do you think about my letter of invitation?
2. Since they are using 1 application and most of their properties are conjugal with their names stated on it. Do I need to reupload the proofs

Embassy of Canada in Manila
Levels 6-8, Tower 2, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue, Makati City 1200
Philippines

To whom it may concern,

Re: Issuance of visitor’s visa to my parents

I, _________, a Permanent Resident, born on _________, together with my wife ___________, a Citizen of Canada, born on ____________- and residing at _______________.

SOLEMNLY AFFIRM AS FOLLOWS:
We make this affirmation in connection with a request for a Visitor Visa for my parents, Mr. (Father) born on _________; who is a Citizen of Philippines, and Mrs. (Mother), born on _________; who is a Citizen of Philippines, who are both residing at ____________________________________.

My father who is __ years old and my mother who is __ years old have always wanted to visit and see the beautiful places and tourist attractions here in Canada. As you know, my parents live a very contented and comfortable life in the Philippines. They also have other important obligations with their respective businesses back home. My parents plan to come to Canada around June or July 2018; for a stay of 3 to 4 weeks, which is during the summer season. With the warm temperature, we will be able to do lots of outdoor activities and explorations.

The following is a proposed itinerary for the month of June OR July 2018 (depending on the date of their arrival):
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4 - Travel back to the Philippines

We hereby undertake to provide living accommodation, medical insurance, and their Canadian expenses in connection with their visit to Canada. We are aware and respect the temporary resident visa status and ensure that my parents will not exceed six months from the time of their arrival.

Taking into consideration the previous, we are requesting you to kindly grant a visitor's visa for my parents. Should you need any further information, please feel free to call me at _________.

Visitor Information:
Name:
Date of Birth:
Address:
Telephone No:
Relationship:
Purpose of the trip:
Duration of Stay:
Date of leaving Canada:

Name:
Date of Birth:
Address:
Telephone No:
Relationship:
Purpose of the trip:
Duration of Stay:
Date of leaving Canada:

Host Information:
Name:
Date of Birth:
Address:
Telephone No:

Spouse’s Name:
Date of Birth:
Address:
Telephone No:

Son’s Name:
Date of Birth:
Address:
Telephone No:

Sincerely yours,

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
It’s ok. A bit too wordy for my liking (remember, VOs will just scan through many applications), and it doesn’t really need to be an “affidavit” format, but it’ll work as is. If that were me, I’d put the daily itinerary in a separate page, but it’s really all personal.

You can reupload or upload a brief letter that says it was in the principal’s applicant’s slot as it is jointly owned.

adrihunn

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 24, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2014
Passport Req..
28-04-2015
Hey @bellaluna ,

My parents just got the result of their TRV application, and unfortunately.. they both got refused.

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident.
In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

• Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
  • Personal assets and financial status
I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated
purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your / your host's income and assets.

Its very upsetting to be honest as they were able to provide all documentations including:
BANK STATEMENTS - TOTAL of $91,500 CAD (mom and dad have their own accounts plus a time deposit)
REAL PROPERTY -
BUSINESS PERMIT CERTIFICATE AND CONTRACT WITH JOLLIBEE CORP.
VEHICLES - CERT OF REGISTRATION - They own 2 cars, and 4 motorcycles

I also included my T4s, pay slips and wife and I's bank statement with a total of $23,000 CAD.

The thing is, the file for their proof of sufficient funds went up to 50 pages and had to be compressed to 4MB. The main reason why it went up to 50 pages was because they had 8 bank accounts in total, so they took bank statements covering the last 6 months (36 pages just for bank account). Do you think they disregarded their app because there was too much information? I dont even know what to do :(. And how else will I prove that they will be going back to the Philippines for sure? Please help.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey @bellaluna ,

My parents just got the result of their TRV application, and unfortunately.. they both got refused.

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident.
In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

• Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
  • Personal assets and financial status
I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated
purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your / your host's income and assets.

Its very upsetting to be honest as they were able to provide all documentations including:
BANK STATEMENTS - TOTAL of $91,500 CAD (mom and dad have their own accounts plus a time deposit)
REAL PROPERTY - 7 Tax declarations of real/land properties
BUSINESS PERMIT CERTIFICATE AND CONTRACT WITH JOLLIBEE CORP.
VEHICLES - CERT OF REGISTRATION - They own 2 cars, and 4 motorcycles

I also included my T4s, pay slips and wife and I's bank statement with a total of $23,000 CAD.

The thing is, the file for their proof of sufficient funds went up to 50 pages and had to be compressed to 4MB. The main reason why it went up to 50 pages was because they had 8 bank accounts in total, so they took bank statements covering the last 6 months (36 pages just for bank account). Do you think they disregarded their app because there was too much information? I dont even know what to do :(. And how else will I prove that they will be going back to the Philippines for sure? Please help.
It's most unfortunate that they've been refused. IMO, they have solid applications to get TRVs until the expiry of their passports.

I'm guessing that applying online worked against their TRV approvals. It can get a bit daunting to go through/cross-check documents for online applications. If they reapply, I suggest submitting paper applications at VFS.

Some other suggestions:
1. Include property valuations + rental income (if applicable) + if the properties are mortgage-free then highlight this fact

2. Evidence that your grandmom and sisters live at the same address + if they are dependent on your parents for their well-being/finances

3. Prepare cover letters with separate sub-sections for addressing the TRV refusal reasons + Individual/collective strong ties to the Philippines (Properties, business, family ties, etc) + Financial situation (bank statements, investments, liabilities, funds available) + purpose of their visit + Why they must return home by a specific date..... cross-reference evidence

4. Hopefully, they have not included their business bank statement as funds available for their visit + hope there were no last-minute, large deposits/transfers between their bank accounts