+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents TRV Application Guide || My Visa Got Approved In Just 6 Days || New Portal 2022

adipdaniel

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
@adipdaniel -- you can apply immediately for visitor visa...its the super visa for which you need atleast one year tax return to show the income cutoff......
Thanks. I will be moving to Canada from India at the end of this month on PR having job offer. So immediately once I land, i can initiate visitor visa process fr my parents? Do i need to apply on any portal or directly parents will have to apply from India once I land. Also what all documents required for the same. Your replies are greatly appreciated!

anki91

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
@priyankbhojak88 Thanks to your detailed thread.... we followed most of the steps, got my in-laws TRV approved in 10 days and another 10 for stamping ... thanks to god and guidance here, in total 20 days, they got their visa approved and stamped in India....everything going well, they should be able to visit us for Diwali....

I think key points are:

0. Some good luck/god's help is always needed. Cannot do anything about this.
1. Canadian immigration want to reduce backlog. Hence a clear cut application with no problems gets being approved fast.
2. A proper cover letter with proper notarization from Canadian lawyer. We have clear plans, spread out over two months, regarding their tourism visit to Canada.
3. A proper, clear CA statement from India showing more than sufficient funds. I think owning immovable property helps to show sufficient India ties.
4. Upfront medical examination done before for application submission.

Hi

For your inlaws application, did you show yourself as representative and you applied on their behalf ?
if yes, are you in Canada currently, when you filled their application?

Is medical required for visit visa less than 6 months as well ?

aspirecanada2021

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
India
Hi

I'm going to apply for my mother in law and brother in law visitor visa via new IRCC portal. My wife is expecting in October 2022.

Little confused as people are saying that my mother-in-law and brother-in-law needs to have separate IRCC portal and separate application. Only if my mother-in-law and father-in-law were applying together there application could have been under one.

Can you please help. As we do see an option to include both under one as per below IRCC options.

Do you want to apply for more than 1 person at the same time? (required)
For example, you want to submit an application for yourself, plus your spouse and children who will travel with you or join you later during your stay in Canada.

Yes (I've selected this option)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R3pDt31uXp7xz06Vb2v_7_LLkbl4kHed/view?usp=sharing

Select the type of group that applies to your situation (required)
Family

Also as we're applying for Visitor Visa we have selected the below option:
To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MoZYDsUrcbJpDyA5C_XeVnxjZdERnnQd/view?usp=sharing

Thanks.
"Little confused as people are saying that my mother-in-law and brother-in-law needs to have separate IRCC portal and separate application. Only if my mother-in-law and father-in-law were applying together there application could have been under one." ---- this seems correct... if your brother-in-law is grown up and is not dependent on your in-laws, I guess his should be separate application...Unless applying for husband wife, better to apply separately and have all related documents like CA certificates, property valuations separate.... etc

Worse comes to worse, if you are still not clear, better is to hire some good immigration lawyer for help....it will cost some $$$ but they will do it properly.....

aspirecanada2021

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
India
Thanks. I will be moving to Canada from India at the end of this month on PR having job offer. So immediately once I land, i can initiate visitor visa process fr my parents? Do i need to apply on any portal or directly parents will have to apply from India once I land. Also what all documents required for the same. Your replies are greatly appreciated!
Techincally You can apply from here immediately.....however if I were you and didnt had any pressing reason to have parents in Canada immediately, then I would have waited for couple of months atleast to get atleast 2 paystubs and submit those also along with application...... this matters when you want to claim that you will help them out with expenses.....

please read this thread, its an excellent guide to applying and what all documents will you need and what to do....

aspirecanada2021

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
India
Hi

For your inlaws application, did you show yourself as representative and you applied on their behalf ?
if yes, are you in Canada currently, when you filled their application?

Is medical required for visit visa less than 6 months as well ?
We showed as non paid representative..... and applied on their behalf...
Yes...I am in Canada.....we filled and submitted the application around 10th June....

Medical is not required for TRV I think....., but IRCC can ask those if they feel like it....since in laws are 60+, there is a high chance IRCC can ask for it........ We didnt wanted to take any chances and submitted them upfront so that the application doesnt gets delayed due to medical reason......this way Visa agent also gets the confidence that the people in consideration are in good health...............its few thousands INR only which is miniscule compared to all other expenses which will be happening when they travel here.....

Reactions: anki91

Pvraju

Nov 11, 2013
My inlaws TRV timeline with the new portal

Application submitted online: June 22nd
Biometrics collection letter: June 22nd
Biometrics provided at vfs: June 28th.
Biometrics updted in portal: June 28th.
Eligibility reivew started: July 7th.
Biometric validity letter: July 12th
PPR: July 12th

NOTE: Applicant previously had Canada visotor visa but expired.

Wish you all the best everyone!

Reactions: scarbsmans

vskhosa

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Hi wise folks, I have two questions regarding TRV application of my parents. I will be filling their application as a representative.
My questions are:
1. Do I create a new IRCC account for my father and apply from there? Or can I use my IRCC account since I am going to be the representative?
2. Does Letter of Explanation written and signed by the applicants or is it written and signed by the representative? For example, should I write the letter in the first person as a representative?

Budiki1518

Jul 13, 2022
Hello All,
I would like to post my parents Visitor Visa timeline here:

Application Submission: 26 Feb, 2022
Bio Req.: 28 Feb, 2022
Bio. appoinment: 3rd March, 2022
BVL & PPR : 10 March, 2022
Passport Submission Req to VFS: 10 March, 2022

Waiting for passport pickup.

Thank you all in this forum for their valuable information.
Hi congratulations on your parents visa! Can I know if you applied through new portal or GC key.
I applied for my spose through GC key 2 days ago and wondering if I should withdraw and apply through the new portal for fast processing.

priyankbhojak88

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
PEI, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
20-01-2019
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
File Transfer...
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
04-01-2019
Passport Req..
22-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2019
LANDED..........
04-09-2019
Hello Friends,

I am so happy to know that lot of people have already received Visa approval by just following my thread. I am getting a lot of Inbox as a Thank you note. Let's use this thread to help more new applicants. I am not able to provide answers to each query as I am not using the portal frequently. I would appreciate those who got approval can step up and help other members who have queries. I see a lot of people providing answers on the thread so let's keep continuing this and help each other.

All the best to everyone, I will try my best to help here.

Regards
Priyank

priyankbhojak88

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
PEI, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
20-01-2019
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
File Transfer...
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
04-01-2019
Passport Req..
22-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2019
LANDED..........
04-09-2019
Thanks to give knowlage in detail
I am bhargav nayak from visnagar my native is umta
I also applied for visitor vise in jan 5 but yet not anything updated .
Will you give me your agent name if you did through agent ? My watsap no is 9427679985
Hello Bhargav,

There is no need for an agent to apply for a Visitor visa. Don't west your money behind agents. I haven't used any agent I just applied by following the step given on page no 1. So just follow that and you are good. If you have already applied and have no result so far then there are chances your application might take more time. But you have to wait.

All the best
Priyank

priyankbhojak88

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
PEI, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
20-01-2019
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
File Transfer...
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
04-01-2019
Passport Req..
22-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2019
LANDED..........
04-09-2019
@priyankbhojak88 Thanks to your detailed thread.... we followed most of the steps, got my in-laws TRV approved in 10 days and another 10 for stamping ... thanks to god and guidance here, in total 20 days, they got their visa approved and stamped in India....everything going well, they should be able to visit us for Diwali....

I think key points are:

0. Some good luck/god's help is always needed. Cannot do anything about this.
1. Canadian immigration want to reduce backlog. Hence a clear cut application with no problems gets being approved fast.
2. A proper cover letter with proper notarization from Canadian lawyer. We have clear plans, spread out over two months, regarding their tourism visit to Canada.
3. A proper, clear CA statement from India showing more than sufficient funds. I think owning immovable property helps to show sufficient India ties.
4. Upfront medical examination done before for application submission.
Many Congratulations.

aspirecanada2021

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
India
Hi wise folks, I have two questions regarding TRV application of my parents. I will be filling their application as a representative.
My questions are:
1. Do I create a new IRCC account for my father and apply from there? Or can I use my IRCC account since I am going to be the representative?
2. Does Letter of Explanation written and signed by the applicants or is it written and signed by the representative? For example, should I write the letter in the first person as a representative?
1. I think new account since that will give your father new UCI.
2. We wrote the letter of invitation, inviting our in-laws and got that notarized....from our prespective...not their.....

Hope this helps...

aspirecanada2021

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
India
Hi congratulations on your parents visa! Can I know if you applied through new portal or GC key.
I applied for my spose through GC key 2 days ago and wondering if I should withdraw and apply through the new portal for fast processing.
Actually these days everyone seems to be using new portal....we also used new portal......if you have already submitted application and got invitation for biometrics, my suggestion will be to withdraw that application first by filling out a webform....dont wait for withdraw approval..... then apply a fresh application using new portal......

charisma

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
29 June 2017
Hello Everyone,

I would like to share my experience here for my parent's visa application process which I did. So many people were asking me about my application and what documents I have put in to get quick approval. I am sharing my document list and approach here for everyone's reference. Hope that it will help anyone who is trying to apply for their parents. In my case, I applied on behalf of my parents from Canada as a representative. My parents are living in India.

MY TIMELINE:
Application Submitted For Parents: 30-Jan-2022
Biometric Request Received: 31-Jan-2022
Biometric Scheduled (Ahmedabad, India, VFS Global): 04-Feb-2022
Biometric Validity Letter Received: 06-Feb-2022
Passport Request: 06-Feb-2022 (Within 4 Hours)

Below I am sharing documents that I put for my parent's visitor visa.

Step 1: Profile Creation with the new portal
I would recommend everyone to check the below video for step by step process on how you can create your parent's profile with CiC's new Visitor visa portal. I followed the same video and created a profile for my parents.

Note: You have to select the below option if you are applying from Canada on behalf of your parents.
"To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada"

New Portal Profile Creation:

Step 2: Document Gathering for you and your parents
Creating your parent's profile is very straightforward with the new CIC portal. You just need to follow the steps and at the end of the process, you will see a list of documents required to upload. For me, the Document upload list was like below. I am sharing what document I have uploaded for each section.
Note: Father and Mother both have to upload their documents separately. You can upload common documents again for both profiles. (Ex, Marriage Certificate, Finacial Support Doc etc)

Based on the information provided mine be for each parent below was the document upload list I had to upload.

Mandatory Documents
1) National Identity Document

- I uploaded the Aadhar Card document in this section along with my father's Notarized affidavit for his name. My father has two names Ashokbhai and Ashokkumar in some documents so he created one affidavit with half of the lawyer mentioning he is the same person with both names. The affidavit should be on a certified 50 INR stamp. This affidavit will go in this section along with Aadhar Card. For my mother, I only put an Aadhar card in her profile.

2) Passport/Travel Document (To show Tie with my Parents and their travel history)
- Scan copy of passport first and the last page of passport along with all other countries Visa Stamps if any for entry and exit.

3) Proof Of Funds: Single file in exact order max 2MB (In My Case I mentioned that I am going to bear all costs for my parents for their visit to Canada so no POF for parents)
- Invitation Letter (I prepared Invitation Letter and got it notarized by a Canadian lawyer with a red seal, I will post my invitation letter format in the next post for everyone's reference)
- My PR Card
- My Company ID Card
- My passport front and back page
- My Paystub for the last 3 months
- My Bank statement for the last 4 months (Around 10000 CAD balance maintained)
- My T4 Tax Documents for the last 2 years

4) Use of Representative Form (Signed from both parents and from me)
- This is a very important form if you are applying on behalf of your parents. Fill all information in form, Download form, Sign and send it to your parents for their sign and get scan copy to upload in this section.

5) Marriage Certificate:
- This is a very important document. In my case, my parents had no marriage certificate as marriage was done in 1984 but now you can hire some lawyer in the city where marriage was done and they will file an application to generate a new marriage certificate from a particular municipality. Some people also put notarized affidavit with marriage photograph that is also accepted but I will highly recommend taking some time and get marriage certificate done to upload in this section. It will speed up the process.

Optional Documents
6) Consent Personal Information:

- This is an optional document but I filled it out and uploaded it. This is just for GCMS purposes maybe if you needed for the future.

7) Employment Letter(Current)
- I haven't submitted anything for this.

8) Aditional Documents: Single file in exact order max 2MB - Here you can upload anything which can support your application, I used this section to upload documents that represent strong ties at home for my parents and vaccination proof for them.
- My Father's LOE to demonstrate a summary of his proof of funds as backup funds for a trip. He also mentioned in LOE that my mother is financially dependent on him. He created one table where he added Saving accounts, Mutual funds and Stock investments along with INR to CAD conversion. We showed around 12000 CAD balance in the Saving account. Stocks and Mutual funds were mentioned as additional funds and investments in the home country.
- Saving Account's Bank Statement, try to maintain 7-8 lacks (11000 CAD) for the last 6 months in a single account and show that statement.
- Mutual funds and Stock investment statements.
- CA Valuation Report: This is a very important document to represent your parent's strong ties in your home country. I got it done from CA. They will include all information in the report regarding saving accounts, mutual funds, stocks, etc and for property government-approved valuer will include a property valuation report which will list all the properties in the report with current valuation. Most of the CA will have tie-ups with Valuaer you can get it done for around 3000 INR for the combined report. Make sure your CA puts an FRN stamp on the report so in case the Visa officer wants to verify online they can do that with this unique number. This document will confirm strong ties in your home country for your parents and it will increase the chance for visa approval.
- ITR Return forms for Both for the last 2 years.
- Pension Payment order or Details of Pationoner and Pension Document. I put this document as my father is retired and he is receiving pension each month so it will make sense to demonstrate that is not financially dependent on me. If your father is still working you can put his job-related documents like salary slip, Employment letter, ETC.
- Vaccination Proof: My parents are fully vaccinated and they have a certificate of vaccine with a QR code provided by the Government of India.I put that also to demonstrate that they both are fully vaccinated.

I uploaded all the above documents separately for Father and Mother. If we mentioned in the Invitation letter that Son is going to take care of parent's expenses during the trip then parent's POF will be considered as backup funds. Another very tricky part is to create a combined and 2 MB size PDF I am providing some online software tool links which you can use to create a 2MB PDF.

Merge PDF: Below are tools I have used. It's free to use online.
https://smallpdf.com/merge-pdf
https://www.ilovepdf.com/merge_pdf

Compress PDF without losing quality:
https://avepdf.com/hyper-compress-pdf
https://www.sejda.com/compress-pdf

Again, I am just sharing my scenario everyone has different situations. Try to provide only important information to the visa offer so he can review and approve your file in one go. No need to upload extra documents to confuse the visa officers.

I wish all the best to everyone for their quick visa approval for parents. I am also adding my invitation letter format in the second post below for anyone's reference.

Best Regards
Priyank
Hi Priyank,

Thank you very much for such detailed explanation. Can you please post a template of LOE that worked for you? What information apart from finances need to be mentioned on it? My parents are retired and live with my siblings in India. They no longer file taxes. My brother take care of their expenses.

Another question: Did you submit any documents of your spouse?

Thanks! I look forward to your reply.

priyankbhojak88

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
PEI, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
20-01-2019
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
File Transfer...
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
04-01-2019
Passport Req..
22-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2019
LANDED..........
04-09-2019
Hi Priyank,

Thank you very much for such detailed explanation. Can you please post a template of LOE that worked for you? What information apart from finances need to be mentioned on it? My parents are retired and live with my siblings in India. They no longer file taxes. My brother take care of their expenses.

Another question: Did you submit any documents of your spouse?

Thanks! I look forward to your reply.
Hello,

Please check page 6 for this forum I have posted LOE as well which I have used for my parents side.

Also no documentation needed for spouse you can use only your documents just use only PR card copy for both otherwise no documentation needed.

Same I did for to apply for my in laws. My documents were not used for in laws file and I keep 2 months gap between my parents and in laws. They also got visa with same strategy.

All the best.

Regards
Priyank

Reactions: charisma