+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents travel tickets

fusedpat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Dear All,

May i know if parents are visiting canada do we compulsory need return ticket?? The problem i have is if i want my parents to stay here for 5 month and if VO expect it to be 2 months like that at port of entry the and initially if i book for 2 months and later if i postpone, the charges for postponing are very high.

Any suggestions??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Are they coming on a regular visitor visa or a super visa? If a regular visitor visa - then return flight tickets are mandatory. The most likely won't even be able to board the airplane to Canada without the return ticket.

If super visa, it can be one way.

fusedpat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Hi scylla

They are coming on visitor visa. Return tickets we will book but is it mandatory that it should be for minimum period like 2 months?? If we book for return ticket after 5 months will there be any problem during port of entry??

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
fusedpat said:
Hi scylla

They are coming on visitor visa. Return tickets we will book but is it mandatory that it should be for minimum period like 2 months?? If we book for return ticket after 5 months will there be any problem during port of entry??
No problem as long as your visitor visa is valid to that date.

smartindian

Star Member
May 27, 2016
fusedpat said:
Hi scylla

hi,

I applied visitor Visa only for 40 days and CIC has approved 10 years visitor visa for my parents.
After getting visa, I booked the tickets for 5 months 12 days visit.... ;D cheating wid VO.

Return ticket is mandatory because the airline will not allow to board the
flight without the return ticket to people traveling with Canadian visitor visa.

No one asked at the port of entry (telling with experience, my wife came last year).

iamhayer

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Most likely they will get 6 months to stay so you can book return ticket with 5 months gap, dont waste money by buying for 2 months as thyen you have to pay to extend ticket.

SureshMatthew

Mar 5, 2018
Hi
Thank you all.. for your kind and prompt responses. i will book it with exact dates :) :)
Hi, I am in a similar situation, were your parents able to immigrate successfully and stay for 5 months? because my parents are coming here for 5 months but i mentioned 3 months in my application. Thank you.

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Book tickets for the exact date you want the CBSA limits your stay in very rare cases almost all visitor are granted a six month stay. I am speaking from personal experience I arrived with my family this month and plan to return next month and have confirmed tickets. The CBSA never asked me when I would be leaving the only question that they asked was the purpose of visit and where I would be staying. So book the tickets for your desired dates and enjoy when your parents come. I too am doing the same with my son.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Book tickets for the exact date you want the CBSA limits your stay in very rare cases almost all visitor are granted a six month stay. I am speaking from personal experience I arrived with my family this month and plan to return next month and have confirmed tickets. The CBSA never asked me when I would be leaving the only question that they asked was the purpose of visit and where I would be staying. So book the tickets for your desired dates and enjoy when your parents come. I too am doing the same with my son.
Agreed, it's rare to be given a shorter stay. If that happens, you can change your return tickets, but you should assume a six-month entry and plan accordingly. Plan B will be losing money if you're unlucky with CBSA, but chances of that are low.

fusedpat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Hi

Hi, I am in a similar situation, were your parents able to immigrate successfully and stay for 5 months? because my parents are coming here for 5 months but i mentioned 3 months in my application. Thank you.
Yeah there was no problem staying for 5 months