+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent's tourist visa

Aruleesee

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
After you land in Canada as PR, how soon can you invite your parent on a tourist visa?
My parent is financially independent and can sponsor their own trip. If I provide a letter of invitation after I land, are there any chances of getting their tourist visa approved?

Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
After you land in Canada as PR, how soon can you invite your parent on a tourist visa?
My parent is financially independent and can sponsor their own trip. If I provide a letter of invitation after I land, are there any chances of getting their tourist visa approved?

Thanks!
You should wait 6-8 months or it will seem as though they are trying to move with you to Canada.

Reactions: Aruleesee

sribrosrs

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021

Thanks!
You should establish yourself first before giving them an invitation letter. Be working at least 6 months is a good start.

Reactions: Aruleesee