+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent's tourist visa

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Guys,

I have a Canadian PR, did soft landing in Mar'18. I have now secured a job and moving to Canada in Dec'18.

I want to apply for a tourist visa for my father. He doesn't have a healthy bank balance (doesn't work now) nor any immovable property. Can I gift a lumpsum amount say $20K and show that as a support for his living expense and travel?

Else, what is the best alternative to show ties to home country. My 3 sisters are living in Home country - is that a valid tie to home country?

Thanks in advance

shah22393

Nov 6, 2017
Guys,

I have a Canadian PR, did soft landing in Mar'18. I have now secured a job and moving to Canada in Dec'18.

I want to apply for a tourist visa for my father. He doesn't have a healthy bank balance (doesn't work now) nor any immovable property. Can I gift a lumpsum amount say $20K and show that as a support for his living expense and travel?

Else, what is the best alternative to show ties to home country. My 3 sisters are living in Home country - is that a valid tie to home country?

Thanks in advance
Okay, so you can try and apply for his visas by showing the balance and travel detail during his stay.

Also, I'd suggest you to go there and apply from within Canada for super visa( I am not sure about the rules of application for this).

I think you have better chances at getting visas once you are inside Canada.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Gifting him a lumpsum will not convince CIC that he has sufficient ties to his home country. In fact, it will likely tend to convince CIC that you are financially supporting him and that he would be less likely to leave Canada.