+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Tourist Visa - No Marriage Certificate

Anjy

Feb 24, 2018
If you are from India, you can try this format on a non judicial stamp paper:

Marriage Affidavit (Annexure D)

We, 1. Full Legal Name of Husband, 2. Full Legal Name of Wife

R/O (Full house address with postal code) in the state of (Name of Indian State/UT), India, do hereby solemnly affirm and state on oath as follows:

1. That we were married under (Hindu/Muslim/Christian) Marriage/Act/Rights/customs and are living together as married couple since (Date of Marriage).

2. That we are giving this declaration in lieu of our marriage certificate.

That our joint photographs are affixed.

Sworn and signed before me.
Place: City of Residence.

1. Signature of Husband
2. Signature of Wife.

Get it attested and notarized by a Govt. Notary in your city.
Thanks a lot @hydrakanth I really appreciate it. :)

nvpkumar734

Jul 18, 2019
Hi Guys,

I am planning visitor visa for my in-laws. Could someone help me, the list of documents required?

They don't have marriage certificate.

Thanks,
Pavan

Nvnsuri

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Hi @hydrakanth, That's a great advice. I really appreciate it. I'm also in the process of applying for parents visa where marriage certificate is one of the docs needed. I'm going to get notarized Affidavit In Lieu Of Marriage Certificate. It would be great if you can share a format for this affidavit. Like, what should be the title of it, the content, the closing statement and signature etc. Thanks in advance.
Hey Anjy, did it work??

Nvnsuri

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Hi Guys,

I am planning visitor visa for my in-laws. Could someone help me, the list of documents required?

They don't have marriage certificate.

Thanks,
Pavan
Hi Pavan, Did you apply TRV for your parents? if yes, what documents you used for a marriage certificate. please let me know. thank you

Vicky Gonzalz

Sep 14, 2022
Hi @legalfalcon and respected group members, I am following the forum since long time
and need your expert advise please,
My current status in Canada is PR, and am applying Visitor visa for my parents.
The glitch here is my Parents don't have a marriage certificates however have other government documents where they are mentioned as spouse including their respective Indian Passports.
Please advise can I upload those documents in the marriage certificate sections and submit the application ? Is it acceptable?
Your prompt reply really helps me to submit the application soon and help in reuniting us as everything else is ready.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon and respected group members, I am following the forum since long time
The glitch here is my Parents don't have a marriage certificates however have other government documents where they are mentioned as spouse including their respective Indian Passports.
Please advise can I upload those documents in the marriage certificate sections and submit the application ? Is it acceptable?
Your prompt reply really helps me to submit the application soon and help in reuniting us as everything else is ready.
I am assuming that your parents are Indian nationals. If so, marriage registration was not mandatory in India until 2006, when the Supreme Court in a judgment declared so. As of today, there is no law that mandates that marriages should be registered.

If your parents do not have a marriage certificate, you can submit other documents in lieu of the certificate with an explanation letter. These documents can be pension documents if either of your parents were employed with the union or state government, which shows the nomination to the wife/husband. Bank documents should them as joint account holders, insurance documents or any other document that lists them as married.

Another option, though cumbersome, is to have their marriage registered with the local authority. The process is simple, but someone will have to get it done for your parents, which will involve affidavits and them visiting the local authority, and a certificate will be issued stating that their marriage was solemnized at the date listed in their affidavit.

Hope this helps.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I just used passport with spouse's name for each parent. Visa was approved.

Jan 2, 2022
If you are from India, you can try this format on a non judicial stamp paper:

Marriage Affidavit (Annexure D)

We, 1. Full Legal Name of Husband, 2. Full Legal Name of Wife

R/O (Full house address with postal code) in the state of (Name of Indian State/UT), India, do hereby solemnly affirm and state on oath as follows:

1. That we were married under (Hindu/Muslim/Christian) Marriage/Act/Rights/customs and are living together as married couple since (Date of Marriage).

2. That we are giving this declaration in lieu of our marriage certificate.

That our joint photographs are affixed.

Sworn and signed before me.
Place: City of Residence.

1. Signature of Husband
2. Signature of Wife.

Get it attested and notarized by a Govt. Notary in your city.

Can you get thsi affidavit in canada as your parents are here or they need to go back to India?