+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents that are mentally/physically Challenged

Chackaras

Oct 29, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Need guidance my wife has her PR. Her mom is Physically and Mentally Challenged, she needs to be fed and bathed by someone. Her dad just recently got in a small motorbike accident and is now physically challenged. He was the one that was caring for his wife.
My wife has had to go back to india because now there is noone to watch her mom and her dad she is a only child. How can we bring her parents to Canada so we can watch over them.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Everyone,

Need guidance my wife has her PR. Her mom is Physically and Mentally Challenged, she needs to be fed and bathed by someone. Her dad just recently got in a small motorbike accident and is now physically challenged. He was the one that was caring for his wife.
My wife has had to go back to india because now there is noone to watch her mom and her dad she is a only child. How can we bring her parents to Canada so we can watch over them.
Your wife would have to qualify to sponsor them through the PGP sponsorship stream, which is a limited program that is currently on hold. They would then have to pass medicals, which it sounds like would be an issue, particularly for her mother.

You should plan for the likelihood that they will not be able to come to Canada.

Reactions: Buletruck

Chackaras

Oct 29, 2018
-Question
- so How does this super visa work could i at least apply for them to come stay on the super visa
and as parents would they be accepted to come
-And how would that work they would have to come for 2 years per visit and after the 2 years they go back to India for how long before they come back
-Then after the 10 years i assume they would leave go to india and then i would wait a few months then apply from scratch

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

-Question
- so How does this super visa work could i at least apply for them to come stay on the super visa
and as parents would they be accepted to come
-And how would that work they would have to come for 2 years per visit and after the 2 years they go back to India for how long before they come back
-Then after the 10 years i assume they would leave go to india and then i would wait a few months then apply from scratch
1. With their health issues, it is unlikely that they would be able to pass the medical for a Super visa or get insurance with those existing conditions.

Chackaras

Oct 29, 2018
so there are no other ways at least to bring her mother to Canada Does anyone know anything that is possible