+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Supervisa - Query about Duration, Funds and Communication language

Rajan’s

Nov 27, 2017
Hi,

I am in the process of filling out Online application form for applying of Super Visa for my parents. They are in India. My father is retired and Mother is a homemaker.
I got few queries while filling the main form.
Request you to please help me putting the correct details:

1. Stay duration: I wish to stay with my parent as longer as possible. As SuperVisa is for 2 years validity, will a duration of around 2 years can be rejected? Currently I have put from and to dates as 01-Nov-2021 to 01-Oct-2023. Do you think this will get approved or I need to change this to lesser duration. Also what strong reasons I can give to support this duration.

2. Funds to stay: My Father is retired and receives his pensions. Additionally, he has some Fixed Deposits on his name. Other than that, he own a small own. That's it. How much funds should be shown in the form for around 2 years? It is obvious that I will be supporting them during the trip.

3. Funds for Mom: My mother has always been a housewife with no income of her own. So in the form, what funds I should write for her. She has some 70000/- INR in her bank account. Do I need to show that? Also my father is the main applicant, So do I need to show funds separately for them?

4. Communication language and Employment history for Mom: Our first language is Hindi and Mom is not able to communicate in English or French. Also, she is not the primary applicant. Shall I put 'Neither English nor French' in the Form? Can it cause any trouble? Also what should be put as Employment history for Mom as the first row in the form is mandatory and mom has never worked in any paid jobs.

regards,
Rajan

mehroz995

Aug 31, 2020
Hi Rajan,
Here are my responses for your questions:
  1. I am not sure what the exact time frame should be for the stay duration, but I would say that it should be more than 6 months because when you are going through the application questionnaire for Super Visa, it asks you if you intend to stay for less or more than 6 months. Having a stay of more than 6 months will indicate a Super Visa application. For the maximum timeframe, that you will have to research more.
  2. For funds to stay, the Super Visa category depends on the finances of the child/grandchild (who is already residing in Canada) instead of the finances of parents/grand parents. In the regular visitor visa category, the main applications (parents) have to prove if they have the financial backing to travel, not in this category. For supervisa, you have to prove that you can financially support your parents/grand parents. Furthermore, the following link shows that you need to meet the Low Income Cut-Off (LICO) for the number of people in your household (including the number of parent(s)). This is the number that you have to meet: LICO (Minimum necessary gross income)
  3. Please refer to response number two above.
  4. For the language, since you have mentioned initially that you are filling in the application for your parents, hence you can choose to become their representatives; therefore, it should be safe to select English in the language section. For the employment history, you can write homemaker.
I hope that helps. Thanks.

Rajan’s

Nov 27, 2017
Hi Rajan,
Here are my responses for your questions:
  1. I am not sure what the exact time frame should be for the stay duration, but I would say that it should be more than 6 months because when you are going through the application questionnaire for Super Visa, it asks you if you intend to stay for less or more than 6 months. Having a stay of more than 6 months will indicate a Super Visa application. For the maximum timeframe, that you will have to research more.
  2. For funds to stay, the Super Visa category depends on the finances of the child/grandchild (who is already residing in Canada) instead of the finances of parents/grand parents. In the regular visitor visa category, the main applications (parents) have to prove if they have the financial backing to travel, not in this category. For supervisa, you have to prove that you can financially support your parents/grand parents. Furthermore, the following link shows that you need to meet the Low Income Cut-Off (LICO) for the number of people in your household (including the number of parent(s)). This is the number that you have to meet: LICO (Minimum necessary gross income)
  3. Please refer to response number two above.
  4. For the language, since you have mentioned initially that you are filling in the application for your parents, hence you can choose to become their representatives; therefore, it should be safe to select English in the language section. For the employment history, you can write homemaker.
I hope that helps. Thanks.
Thank you for your reply. I will keep these points in mind while completing the form. I am noting down points which I understood from your answer.
1. I should search for a better reason and a letter of invitation to support their more than 6 months visit timeframe.
2. I should give exact details of funds available with my parents. For my LICO, I can provide my T4 and company letter which states my salary here.
3. Here, I have created an account on my father's name and filling on his behalf. I have mentioned 'English' as the communication language in my fathers form and also added him as an representative. So selecting 'English' for my mom should not be an issue.

I hope these are correct.

Reactions: mehroz995

SHEFA 2021

Mar 31, 2021
Hi, I am really confused with one thing .I am preparing documents for my mothers Supervisa. She is an school teacher and I have gathered document from school but school mentioned that they don't have any objection for 1 month trip. Now, my question is would it be a problem for super visa? Will the visa officer say that if she is coming for 1 month she should apply for visit visa?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I am really confused with one thing .I am preparing documents for my mothers Supervisa. She is an school teacher and I have gathered document from school but school mentioned that they don't have any objection for 1 month trip. Now, my question is would it be a problem for super visa? Will the visa officer say that if she is coming for 1 month she should apply for visit visa?
There is a good chance that she will be evaluated for a TRV is duration of visit is under 6 months.