+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents super visa

sobee

Dec 13, 2011
Hi.
can my parents work on super visa stay, i know they can not do a proper job without work permit, but they are going to stay here for long time, are they allowed to do some small kind of work like community base work or delivering newspaper or something else. Because i dont find this information any where that what they can do on their stay in canada.
thanks...............plz help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sobee said:
Hi.
can my parents work on super visa stay, i know they can not do a proper job without work permit, but they are going to stay here for long time, are they allowed to do some small kind of work like community base work or delivering newspaper or something else. Because i dont find this information any where that what they can do on their stay in canada.
No - they can't do any work on a super visa. They can only be in the country as visitors. Working is not allowed under this visa.

Haitokin

Star Member
Aug 28, 2011
I'm going to hang out an opinion here: working is not allowed, if it is for wages. If a visitor wanted to do some 'volunteer community work' I'm pretty sure that would still be allowable, even on a visa that doesn't allow for 'employment'. People want to know what their options are. They'd like to be reunited with family - but not if the only option is to have the parents turn into coach potatoes.
Unpaid babysitting comes to mind. So does volunteering at a daycare, temple, church, school (soccer coach?), community group, charity, etc. That's the legitimate food for thought.

On the other hand, some people might find themselves 'babysitting' a small business for the son or daughter (answering the phone while someone is out on an errand). Or keeping them company while they drive their truck at work (self employed operators only). As long as they aren't 'paid', I'm certain there will be lots of things the kids 'get them to do'. That is, other than the laundry while they are at work! That, might be the illegitimate food for thought.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Haitokin said:
I'm going to hang out an opinion here: working is not allowed, if it is for wages. If a visitor wanted to do some 'volunteer community work' I'm pretty sure that would still be allowable, even on a visa that doesn't allow for 'employment'. People want to know what their options are. They'd like to be reunited with family - but not if the only option is to have the parents turn into coach potatoes.
Unpaid babysitting comes to mind. So does volunteering at a daycare, temple, church, school (soccer coach?), community group, charity, etc. That's the legitimate food for thought.

On the other hand, some people might find themselves 'babysitting' a small business for the son or daughter (answering the phone while someone is out on an errand). Or keeping them company while they drive their truck at work (self employed operators only). As long as they aren't 'paid', I'm certain there will be lots of things the kids 'get them to do'. That is, other than the laundry while they are at work! That, might be the illegitimate food for thought.
You have to be extremely careful with volunteer work. If you volunteer - it can't be for a role that someone might be paid to do (otherwise it's still classified as work by CIC). Volunteering at a day care centre and "baby-sitting" a small business would absolutely be out. I think several of the other roles you listed are borderline as well.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sobee said:
Hi.
Plan for them to be here as visitors not workers (in any capacity).

sobee

Dec 13, 2011
thanks for reply every 1.........so what i understand is my parents can help in my work..............for example iam runnig a business like a small shop......they can help me in my business.......there wont be any problem?????????

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sobee said:
thanks for reply every 1.........so what i understand is my parents can help in my work..............for example iam runnig a business like a small shop......they can help me in my business.......there wont be any problem?????????
No - they cannot help you in running your business. If they help you, they will be doing something illegal.

sobee

Dec 13, 2011
Ok.........and what about any training or study if they would like to do.................any course with duration of 6 months?

whitebird

Jun 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please guide, how to apply for a Super Visa for parents. Please provide details about the forms needed and supporting documents.

CIC website shows the link below, but it shows the only form IMM 5257
Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada [IMM5257]
Is this single form is enough or we fill the complete application package for "TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA"
Please solve this confusion.
Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sujana said:
Hi All,

Can any one tell me the complete steps to apply for Super visa for my parents?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa.asp

arsii

Apr 15, 2016
scylla said:
No - they cannot help you in running your business. If they help you, they will be doing something illegal.
How about if the parents wants to apply for a work permit? can they change their status if the have a job letter from employer even if they are above 65?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
arsii said:
How about if the parents wants to apply for a work permit? can they change their status if the have a job letter from employer even if they are above 65?
To change their status to work permit, they need a full time job offer from an employer in Canada and also an approved LMIA from the employer.

Aspirant_CAN

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Feb 03, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 01, 2016
Passport Req..
Sept 01, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 07, 2016
LANDED..........
Oct 22, 2016
What sort of LMIA jobs would be available to parents at age 55-65+ ?
Which one is this particular work permit?
Can anybody share the link?