+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents' Super Visa

Itsmemairaj

Aug 28, 2018
Hi Everyone,
Anyone here who got a supervisa accepted without providing the NOA? How did you go about it?
I moved to Canada in June 2019 and started working a full-time and a part-time job in Aug 2019. I want to apply for my parents' super visa and want to know if it's mandatory to attach the notice of assessment?
CIC website states:
"one of the following documents to prove that your child or grandchild meets the Low Income Cut-Off (LICO) minimum (a co-signer may be added to meet LICO minimum):
  • Most recent copy of the Notice of Assessment. If you do not have a paper copy of your Notice of Assessment on file, you can view (and print) your tax returns as well as other personal tax information using the CRA's My Account online service. To register or login, visit My Account.
  • Most recent copy of the T4 or T1
  • Original letter from employer stating title, job description and salary
  • Employment insurance pay stubs
  • If self-employed, a letter from an accountant confirming annual income
  • Proof of other sources of income (pension statement, investments, etc.)"
Since I do not have a NOA yet and even if I do, it won't meet the min. LICO for 3 persons as I have only been working for about 4 months, Can I just provide my employment letters from the two jobs showing yearly compensation over $45,000, pay stubs and bank statements showing constant income flow (with over $20,000 savings)? Will that suffice as their website states "one" of the following documents?

Last edited:

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Considering how that sounds like "Original letter from employer stating title, job description and salary" probably. However, if you are working two part-time jobs in order to meet the LICO level, you may face extra scrutiny.

Itsmemairaj

Aug 28, 2018
Considering how that sounds like "Original letter from employer stating title, job description and salary" probably. However, if you are working two part-time jobs in order to meet the LICO level, you may face extra scrutiny.
No I actually have a FT job that pays over $40K and another PT job and I have been working them since Aug 2019. So, combining them, I will be well over the LICO for 3 people.
Just uncertain if there is a possibility of applying without NOA by just including all paystubs, bank statments and the letter of employments.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Considering how "employment letter with job title, description, and salary" is indeed on the list you quoted, it would seem to be acceptable.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
For the third time, the document you are considering submitting is one of the ones on the list you provided.

Does that not answer your question of "Will that suffice as their website states "one" of the following documents?"

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It is pretty unusual to get approval without NOA. Perhaps you should post a thread with the title Is supervisa without NOA possible. The other issue is that you haven’t earned the LICO amount and have only been in Canada a short time. Canada doesn’t want parents to feel like they can move to Canada with their children so children usually only qualify after working for around a year in Canada.

agshaheryar

May 24, 2012
Faisalabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2009
Doc's Request.
03-09-2009
AOR Received.
24-12-2009
IELTS Request
Sent with Full Docs
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
26-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 01-11-2012 & PPR2 16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2012
LANDED..........
April 02, 2013
It’s better to invite them on tourist visa and in coming years you can apply for super visa. Without NOA and only few years in Canada raises lot of eye brows.

agshaheryar

May 24, 2012
Faisalabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2009
Doc's Request.
03-09-2009
AOR Received.
24-12-2009
IELTS Request
Sent with Full Docs
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
26-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 01-11-2012 & PPR2 16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2012
LANDED..........
April 02, 2013
Doesn’t have to be a few years. One NOA where you are above LICO is fine.
I wanted to say few months stay and no NOA is not a strong proposition for super visa.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
It is pretty unusual to get approval without NOA. Perhaps you should post a thread with the title Is supervisa without NOA possible. The other issue is that you haven’t earned the LICO amount and have only been in Canada a short time. Canada doesn’t want parents to feel like they can move to Canada with their children so children usually only qualify after working for around a year in Canada.

bro the parents can get Supervisa even without NOA/T4. On IRCC website they clearly mentioned that it could be any one of the lists not that its mandatory. Do you think the VO's wont follow IRCC guideline? I saw you have been saying the same comments about super visa in all threads but I need to inform you that its not the case. NOA/T4 is not mandatory like insurance or Medical exam but recommended if one has it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
bro the parents can get Supervisa even without NOA/T4. On IRCC website they clearly mentioned that it could be any one of the lists not that its mandatory. Do you think the VO's wont follow IRCC guideline? I saw you have been saying the same comments about super visa in all threads but I need to inform you that its not the case. NOA/T4 is not mandatory like insurance or Medical exam but recommended if one has it.
We have seen others get denied without NOA/t4. Although there is a list of documents that are allowed to show how much money you have earned in Canada, IRCC does prefer seeing your NOA because it is much more reliable proof of your taxable income.