+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Super Visa Oct 2023 Timeline

kadir.ayubi

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Hello!

I am in the process of applying for Super Visa for my mother. I have some questions and will really appreciate if someone can answer them.

1. My Birth Certificate - I do not have my Birth Certificate, can someone please advise what other document can I use to establish the Son and Mother relationship?

2. My Mother is a Widow - She stays with my sibling in India and doesn't have any income source or assets (doesn't own House, no pension, never worked etc.) we (sibling and I) support her financially. Would it be difficult to prove her ties to her home country (India) in this situation?

Really appreciate all the responses.

I am a Canadian Citizen.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Hi, I applied for my mother Supervisa in Sept and as of right now she has cleared her medical and biometrics. Given the current situation of diplomats going on, anyone experiencing delays?

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Mother's Super visa
Applied: Sept 10
Biometrics updated: Sept 15
Medical passed: Oct 18
PPR: Oct 23
Let's see how long it takes now for visa stamping lol.

deepPro

Nov 18, 2021
For Super visa -
We don't need to prove ties. - You will need your mother - passport, completed medical and 1 year medical insurance.

Proof of income - Show your T4, ITR, Job offer, Pay stubs.
Funds: Banks Summary, 4 months bank statement- chequing and savings.

Reactions: kadir.ayubi

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
No delays - It is still the same processing time - 15-20 business days.
I saw some people sent passport in the beginning of this month and still waiting on stamping. My in laws stamping was done in a week. So definitely the delays have increased I guess.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Hello Guys
My mom supervisa got rejected twice already and the same reason from officer letter is as follows:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in your country.
Please advise me how to fix this before I reapply
Rabin

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Hello Guys
My mom supervisa got rejected twice already and the same reason from officer letter is as follows:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in your country.
Please advise me how to fix this before I reapply
Rabin
Depends on what you have provided. If you can tell that then it will be easier to understand what your file is lacking

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Depends on what you have provided. If you can tell that then it will be easier to understand what your file is lacking
From my side we provided all strong documents like 3 month pay stubs,Employment letter,invitation letter ,balance of 40k in my account and saving and chequing bank statement for 3 months,property taxes,insurance,medical biometrics and from my mom side property evaluation,employment letter indicating her wages

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
From my side we provided all strong documents like 3 month pay stubs,Employment letter,invitation letter ,balance of 40k in my account and saving and chequing bank statement for 3 months,property taxes,insurance,medical biometrics and from my mom side property evaluation,employment letter indicating her wages
Did you also attached your NOA?

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Yeah I did that too that’s why they never mentioned my financial issue in that letter
Okay. How many members in total in your family and are you the only one sponsoring? So what I have found out that if you are attaching your current employment letter, pay stubs for this year but NOA of last year, they will see how much you earned on your NOA for last year and based on that they will decide if you meet the LICO requirement or not. If let's say your employment letter for this year says your annual income is $60k for a size of 4 family members but last year you only earned $40, then you don't meet the LICO requirements. It's best to skip attaching NOA TBH!!!!