+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Super Visa- LICO Requirements - 2019

canadasnk

Mar 11, 2017
Hello,

Can we also include the child assistance benefits that we receive from the federal
And provincial government as income, since it is extra income we use? If so, do we need to show proof of that?

Also if we are to use household income instead of just my husbands, are there any additional documents we need to include in the application (marriage certificate, employment letter, bank statements, specification on inviatation letter etc) for me as well

Thanks!

Kickistan

Star Member
Oct 3, 2016
It mentions about including the members of your household in the family composition. Here's another clarification from IRCC:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5256-applying-visitor-visa-temporary-resident-visa.html

Does your mom pay for absolutely all her expenses? If yes, can she prove she is not financially dependent on you in any way? Did you sponsor your mom for PR?
No I did not sponsor my mother for PR. My father did long time ago.

Got sick of waiting

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Hello

I am planing to invite my parents as super visa

My income for 2018 my T4 shows $43000
I am now working for the Federal government since November 2018 my annual salary $52000

my wife and me have $23000 saving in our account

my question Am I eligible to apply for super visa for my parents

I am Canadian citizenship and my wife has PR status,

Thank you for your answer in advanced

Kindness101

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Canada
App. Filed.......
June 24,15
AOR Received.
Aug 28,15
File Transfer...
AIP - November 15, 2016
Med's Request
PCC request Jan 9th, 17
Med's Done....
June 24, 15 and December, 2017
Interview........
None
LANDED..........
April 9, 2018
Hello

I am now working for the Federal government since November 2018 my annual salary $52000

Can your wife be your co-signer? LICO for last year 2018 is $46,362 for family unit of 4. Therefore, you r not eligible for inviting your parents this year.

Kindness101

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Canada
App. Filed.......
June 24,15
AOR Received.
Aug 28,15
File Transfer...
AIP - November 15, 2016
Med's Request
PCC request Jan 9th, 17
Med's Done....
June 24, 15 and December, 2017
Interview........
None
LANDED..........
April 9, 2018
Hello

Hey I think u can apply, I hear ppl in your situation applied and got approval.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-supervisa.610705/#post-7672509

Has_san

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Toronto
I dont know if someone can help me on that. I have submitted my application on Mar 07th and by Mar 13th the biometrics were done for my parents. They have also go the medical done upfront. And now the application is stuck on:

Application step Current status Help
Review of eligibility:
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents. Help -
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Will these status change going forward? Can anybody share their timeline?

Regarding the LICO, my annual salary is $78k and I live with my wife and 2 children. I have already submitted my Salary Letter from Employer. Do you thin it is sufficient?

Please advice.
Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I dont know if someone can help me on that. I have submitted my application on Mar 07th and by Mar 13th the biometrics were done for my parents. They have also go the medical done upfront. And now the application is stuck on:

Application step Current status Help
Review of eligibility:
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents. Help -
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Will these status change going forward? Can anybody share their timeline?

Regarding the LICO, my annual salary is $78k and I live with my wife and 2 children. I have already submitted my Salary Letter from Employer. Do you thin it is sufficient?

Please advice.
Thanks
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I want to sponsor my parents for super visa. How er, I just meet the lick requirement by 2,000$ more.
I have a saving of 8000$ and my parents have a savings of 12,000$. My dad is employed and earning salary too and has a lot of property and is also getting some income from there.

will it be enough to suffice the financial requirements? @Bryanna
@canuck_in_uk
thank you
Very hard to say. Your savings level is not very high. If you purchase tickets and supervisa insurance that would take a large chunk of savings. The whole picture is examined so every case is different.

pavel2017

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Hi - According to CIC Website it says :
have medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that is:
  • valid for at least 1 year from the date of entry
  • at least $100,000 coverage
  • have proof that the medical insurance has been paid (quotes aren’t accepted)

Does that mean that insurance is not required after year 1, if the stay is continuous? Insurance is not mandatory for year 2?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi - According to CIC Website it says :
have medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that is:
  • valid for at least 1 year from the date of entry
  • at least $100,000 coverage
  • have proof that the medical insurance has been paid (quotes aren’t accepted)

Does that mean that insurance is not required after year 1, if the stay is continuous? Insurance is not mandatory for year 2?
Whether it's mandatory or not, it is beyond stupid for any traveller to be in Canada without insurance. If they are staying for 2 years, get coverage for 2 years.

pavel2017

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Whether it's mandatory or not, it is beyond stupid for any traveller to be in Canada without insurance. If they are staying for 2 years, get coverage for 2 years.
Thanks. Covid19 hasnt kept everyone in same financial condition + travel back is a issue right now.