+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Super Visa- LICO Requirements - 2019

qakminhas

Jan 14, 2019
Official LICO score table available on https://www.canada.ca/ is not showing Income thresholds for 2019.
Question:
1. When is the table generally updated?
2. Where can we get LICO limits for 2019?
3. If we apply for Parents Super Visa today would 2018 LICO limits still be applicable ?

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Official LICO score table available on https://www.canada.ca/ is not showing Income thresholds for 2019.
Question:
1. When is the table generally updated?
2. Where can we get LICO limits for 2019?
3. If we apply for Parents Super Visa today would 2018 LICO limits still be applicable ?
as long 2019 not published you can use same one of 2018. Normally by end of January you will have updated chart

Good Luck

AditiS9024

Jun 25, 2018
Hello everyone,

Please help me to clarify a doubt here.
I sponsored my husband under Family Sponsorship in 2018 and he is coming to Canada in coming February.
I was thinking to apply for my mother under Parent Super Visa by August 2019 but some people in my office confused me saying that since I have sponsored my husband ; I cannot apply for Parent Super Visa.
Is that true?
Please help.

Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone,

Please help me to clarify a doubt here.
I sponsored my husband under Family Sponsorship in 2018 and he is coming to Canada in coming February.
I was thinking to apply for my mother under Parent Super Visa by August 2019 but some people in my office confused me saying that since I have sponsored my husband ; I cannot apply for Parent Super Visa.
Is that true?
Please help.

Thank you
Ignore the people in your office. Your mother can apply for a Supervisa without issue.

Reactions: lundir8

AditiS9024

Jun 25, 2018
Thank You for clarifying the doubt :) @canuck_in_uk
so when I am checking the income for family ; is it just my income or is it combined income ( of mine and my husband's)?
and is it ok to mention his income even if he is been sponsored here ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank You for clarifying the doubt :) @canuck_in_uk
so when I am checking the income for family ; is it just my income or is it combined income ( of mine and my husband's)?
and is it ok to mention his income even if he is been sponsored here ?
If you need his income, use it. If not, your choice.

Kickistan

Star Member
Oct 3, 2016
Hi there,

Any kind of help is appreciated. My mother lives with me and my mother works and has her own income. My question is, If I sponsor my mother in law on super visa do I have to include my own mother as well in the family unit? Even though my mom earns her own income?

My mom is not financially depended on me.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi there,

Any kind of help is appreciated. My mother lives with me and my mother works and has her own income. My question is, If I sponsor my mother in law on super visa do I have to include my own mother as well in the family unit? Even though my mom earns her own income?

My mom is not financially depended on me.
Yes.... all members of your household + the person(s) you would like to host

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ya but no where it says anything about the person who is not dependent on you .. it only talks about individuals who are dependent on you... my mother is not financially dependent on me
Does she pay you full market value rent? If not, you are financially subsidizing her life.

Reactions: lundir8 and Bryanna

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
ya but no where it says anything about the person who is not dependent on you .. it only talks about individuals who are dependent on you... my mother is not financially dependent on me
It mentions about including the members of your household in the family composition. Here's another clarification from IRCC:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5256-applying-visitor-visa-temporary-resident-visa.html

Does your mom pay for absolutely all her expenses? If yes, can she prove she is not financially dependent on you in any way? Did you sponsor your mom for PR?