+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Super Visa Application : Within Canada

pradeep_g5

May 4, 2011
Hi All,

I need some clarifications on super visa application for my parents:

Currently my parents are visiting me in Toronto on a single visit visa, they came together in Oct-13 and visa expires in Mar-2014 (6 Months). Now i want to apply for their Super Visa before they leave Canada in March 2014 so that they can re-enter after few months.

i figured out online that while they are here i can apply for Super visa but it is just extension of current visa status for 2 years. however i don’t want to do that as they intend to go back to my home town and come back after few months. In other words the extension will not be good for me as they will go back to home town.

I am not sure if i can apply for 10 years multiple entry super visa from here while they are in canada ? if yes can you please guide how this can be done, i am seriously confused by talking with CIC Call centre as they seem to only have information on the FAQ on the website and not to this situation.

please advise, thanks

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Supervisa=only from home country

pradeep_g5

May 4, 2011
thank you for your response user828, does that mean i have to apply for my parents super visa when they are back in India and i cannot apply if they are here in canada ?

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Jan-2014 11:15am
user828 said:
Supervisa=only from home country
That is not true. I applied my parent's super visa from here (in Canada) and they got it. The only conditions are the sponsor will need to buy minimum $100,000 coverage health insurance policy ahead of time and send it with application and at later stage parents must pass medical exam.

pradeep_g5

May 4, 2011
Thank you, would you be able to guide me further on how to do the application, the online checklist doesn’t allow me to get the right form. please help here

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
toronto27 said:
That is not true. I applied my parent's super visa from here (in Canada) and they got it. The only conditions are the sponsor will need to buy minimum $100,000 health insurance policy ahead of time and send it with application and at later stage parents must pass medical exam.
Didn't you extend it only

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2011/2011-12-01.asp

For parents and grandparents already visiting Canada
Parents and grandparents who are currently in Canada may apply for an extension of their status for up to two years by submitting an Application to Change Conditions, Extend Stay or Remain in Canada (IMM 1249) to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta, as long as they meet all the criteria. These applications will be examined on a case-by-case basis.

I did that too for folks, 6mo+6mo+1year

My folks had done meds for sponsorship so I had proof of that, all around the same period.

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
user828 said:
Didn't you extend it only

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2011/2011-12-01.asp

For parents and grandparents already visiting Canada
Parents and grandparents who are currently in Canada may apply for an extension of their status for up to two years by submitting an Application to Change Conditions, Extend Stay or Remain in Canada (IMM 1249) to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta, as long as they meet all the criteria. These applications will be examined on a case-by-case basis.

I did that too for folks, 6mo+6mo+1year
I applied online; the process and forms are same as extension of stay. I wrote a cover letter specifically requesting a Super Visa and specified that I am attaching insurance policy with application. My parents got extension for one year and 7 months (because that is when their passport is expiring).

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
toronto27 said:
I applied online; the process and forms are same as extension of stay. I wrote a cover letter specifically requesting a Super Visa and specified that I am attaching insurance policy with application. My parents got extension for one year and 7 months (because that is when their passport is expiring).
Ya, coz the supervisa category name is different on the passport, but its all the same as it boils down to the extension. I actually realized I wanted to write the extension part in my original post but forgot to edit

Journey over for us anyways, tomorrow we are flagpoling

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
pradeep_g5 said:
Thank you, would you be able to guide me further on how to do the application, the online checklist doesn't allow me to get the right form. please help here
Go to this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp

Click on “Find out if you are eligible to apply online" - it's a series of questions that will tell you whether you can apply online or not. If you are eligible, create a new account and you will be submitting all the application forms and required documents online. The website will guide you at each step what forms you need to fill up and what supporting documents you need to submit. You will need to scan all your documents i.e. financial documents (Notice of assessments, pay stubs), insurance policy, passport copies etc and submit them in pdf format.

Start with the link above and check your eligibility. Benefit of submitting it online is faster processing time.

pradeep_g5

May 4, 2011
thank you all for your response, however i believe my question is still not clear and was hoping further inputs:

I understand that i can extend for parents under super visa category for 2 years now(which i am able to do) however as my parents will be leaving to india when current single permit expires. even though i extend for another 2 years since they are going back to India i believe it is of no use as once my parents are out of canada they cannot re-enter on that super visa as it was a single visit entry visa that they came on.

so before they leave i wanted to apply for super visa (essentially i wanted them to come back after 2 months of visit to India) and didn’t wanted to re-apply when they were there.

so now the question is can i apply for 10 years multiple entry super visa for parents while they are here in canada, please guide

thanks a lot for all your inputs.

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
No, you cannot apply for Super Visa from within Canada. Yes, you can apply for extension of stay through the Super Visa program, however, if you want the entry visa that's being attached to the passport, your parents will need to apply for that in India, and not from within Canada.

pradeep_g5 said:
thank you all for your response, however i believe my question is still not clear and was hoping further inputs:

I understand that i can extend for parents under super visa category for 2 years now(which i am able to do) however as my parents will be leaving to india when current single permit expires. even though i extend for another 2 years since they are going back to India i believe it is of no use as once my parents are out of canada they cannot re-enter on that super visa as it was a single visit entry visa that they came on.

so before they leave i wanted to apply for super visa (essentially i wanted them to come back after 2 months of visit to India) and didn't wanted to re-apply when they were there.

so now the question is can i apply for 10 years multiple entry super visa for parents while they are here in canada, please guide

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
pradeep_g5 said:

so before they leave i wanted to apply for super visa (essentially i wanted them to come back after 2 months of visit to India) and didn't wanted to re-apply when they were there.

All the answers you got so far are very clear , your parents can not apply for multi entry supervisa from within Canada . As soon as they get to India they can do it , and will sure be back in 2 months like you want them to do.

somey11

Nov 23, 2009
Lahore
NOC Code......
Hi All,
I live in canada from last 9 month.
I am doing cash job (pizza delivery).
I want to sponser my parents from pakistan, I dnt know what is the quickist way( visit visa or supper visa) plz guide me.
How much bank statement required? Please help me. Thanks
Regards
Somey

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
somey11 said:
I live in canada from last 9 month.
I am doing cash job (pizza delivery).
I want to sponser my parents from pakistan, I dnt know what is the quickist way( visit visa or supper visa) plz guide me.
How much bank statement required? Please help me. Thanks
I regular visit visa is likely the only option in your case. To qualify to apply for the super visa, you must be able to demonstrate that you have an annual income of at least $36,193 in Canada to meet the low income cut off:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256ETOC.asp#incometables

Since you haven't worked in Canada for a full year and your pay is likely hourly (rather than salary) - I'm not sure you will be able to meet LICO and for this reason a regular visit visa is likely your only option right now.