+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Super Visa Application : Within Canada

somey11

Nov 23, 2009
Lahore
NOC Code......
scylla said:
I regular visit visa is likely the only option in your case. To qualify to apply for the super visa, you must be able to demonstrate that you have an annual income of at least $36,193 in Canada to meet the low income cut off:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256ETOC.asp#incometables

Since you haven't worked in Canada for a full year and your pay is likely hourly (rather than salary) - I'm not sure you will be able to meet LICO and for this reason a regular visit visa is likely your only option right now.
hI
cAN YOU GUIDE ME HOW TO APPLY VISIT VISA,
WHAT IS THE EXACT REQUIRMENT AND HOW MUCH BANK STATMENT SHOULD I SHOW OR MY PARENTS SHOW?
PLEASE ADVICE.tHANKS

mamiganda

Star Member
Oct 15, 2009
@ toronto27 - what is the status of your parents here in canada before you apply for the extension of stay? single entry visa or multiple visa? my parents got approved for 5 year multiple visa. but in the port of entry they said that the maximum months that they can stay here is 6 months only. do i still have to apply also for extension of stay?

Sheen1990

Jun 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 june 2014
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approval- 8 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
NDVO Approval - 27 Aug 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
IN PROCESS - 7 dec
Passport Req..
PPR - 7 January
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made - 8 January
LANDED..........
:)
Hello everyone,

I need a quick enquiry, if super visa for my mom n dad got rejected due to income thing. So is there possibilities to get the visa if i applied for my mom only under that income. As according to 4 members income is less. But if i apply only for mom than there is possibilities to get it soon. ???

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sheen1990 said:
Hello everyone,

I need a quick enquiry, if super visa for my mom n dad got rejected due to income thing. So is there possibilities to get the visa if i applied for my mom only under that income. As according to 4 members income is less. But if i apply only for mom than there is possibilities to get it soon. ???
Hi

No. You must still include your father for the LICO calculation even if he in non-accompanying. The only instance in which you wouldn't need to include him for the LICO is if your parents were divorced.

Sheen1990

Jun 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 june 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
IN PROCESS - 7 dec
Passport Req..
PPR - 7 January
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

No. You must still include your father for the LICO calculation even if he in non-accompanying. The only instance in which you wouldn't need to include him for the LICO is if your parents were divorced.
But my husband visit to immigration office to crosscheck with them they dinn tell any of this thing. Can therr be chances to get accepted the visa again soon. V needing her in canada nov on urgent basis.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sheen1990 said:
But my husband visit to immigration office to crosscheck with them they dinn tell any of this thing. Can therr be chances to get accepted the visa again soon. V needing her in canada nov on urgent basis.
If you cannot meet the LICO for 5 people, her super visa will not be approved.

She can try applying for a regular visitor visa instead.

Sheen1990

Jun 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 june 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
IN PROCESS - 7 dec
Passport Req..
PPR - 7 January
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
canuck_in_uk said:
If you cannot meet the LICO for 5 people, her super visa will not be approved.

She can try applying for a regular visitor visa instead.
LICO ? Means by income only but what exactly it stands for? Actually i
Hubby going to apply again for that supervisa only for mom. I shud check again with immigration office what you recommend thought. Thanks very much

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sheen1990 said:
LICO ? Means by income only but what exactly it stands for? Actually i
Hubby going to apply again for that supervisa only for mom. I shud check again with immigration office what you recommend thought. Thanks very much
LICO stands for Low Income Cut Off. If you don't meet the LICO for 5 people, there is no point in applying for the supervisa. You cannot simply remove one parent from the app and use the 4 person LICO.

Sheen1990

Jun 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 june 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
IN PROCESS - 7 dec
Passport Req..
PPR - 7 January
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
canuck_in_uk said:
LICO stands for Low Income Cut Off. If you don't meet the LICO for 5 people, there is no point in applying for the supervisa. You cannot simply remove one parent from the app and use the 4 person LICO.
That is wat i m saying me n my hubby n mom dad only is there in family. According to 4 income is low. Ao we r thinking to apply only for mom . So r income get equal to 3 .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sheen1990 said:
That is wat i m saying me n my hubby n mom dad only is there in family. According to 4 income is low. Ao we r thinking to apply only for mom . So r income get equal to 3 .
You should have been more clear. If there are 4 of you, then you must meet the LICO for 4 people, even if the father is not included in the application.

skrm

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2016
AOR Received.
14-09-2016, AOR2: 27-09-2016
File Transfer...
19-09-2016 Decision made.....: 31march2017
Med's Request
Pass
Med's Done....
16-07-2016
Passport Req..
10 April 2017 Passport Sent...: 11April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
18 April 2017
LANDED..........
28th April 2017
hi my parent's passport were lost last year now we have new passports so can they apply within Canada if yes which application we have to fill and what documents we need? Is that the same application or different one? Plz let me know there visa expiring in june 2016.
Thanks

newuser39

Nov 14, 2016
Hello All!

I have exactly the same question :'( "Can my parents apply for a 10-year multiple entry SUPER VISA from within Canada"?

Any comments please.

kiran16861

May 23, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have a question on the similar lines listed below...Please help.
My mother is right now in India and we want her to be in Canada in 50 days from now.
Looking at this I am out of Super Visa option as it takes more than 60 days..So I am going for Multiple entry Visitor visa which allows each entry upto 6 months...I have few questions for the same.

1. Can I apply for Super Visa for 10 years post this visit of my Mom.Like if she goes back to India .Can I apply for Super Visa for 10 years if her multiple entry Visa is still valid for 10 years.And is it easy??What extra documents will I have to submit.

2.For Multiple entry visitor Visa,we should be counting our family as 3 (me,my husband and my mother) as my father is no more.We are able to meet our LICO if we consider our family income as in my husband is working and I am not..ALthough I have funds in my name but I am unemployed at the moment but I am the sponsor .Would it impact???What all documents we can share to show that we are sponsoring her stay in Canada.
Btw she is retired and gets pension and has funds in her name in india as well.Please guide.

3.Thirdly,for proof of relation I can submit either my birth certificate or my passsport back cover.The issue is that my mother's passport and my passport/birth certificate has different names of her as in the surname has beeen omitted in one.If we submit the name affidavit stating that both are her names.Would that do,or will it be a problem.

4.I am also planning to invite my brother ,who is currently in US at the same time.So we will be 4 people in family and still our LICO meets but its my husband employment and my savings ..I am not currently working.
Would that be an issue??

5.What is the processing time for normal multiple entry visiting Visa...Would we be able to make her fly in 50 days.

Please help with answers on urgent basis..Thanks

visitor2206

Jun 22, 2018
Good morning everyone

I need some clarifications

Currently my mom are visiting me here in Canada on a multiple visit visa (ends in September-2018). She arrived now in June. Her passport expires in 2 years. She would like to apply for a super visa here in Canada as the embassy suggested to her in her country of origin before coming to Canada (timing was tight so they suggested to her to proceed once she arrives here) but, it looks like she can only do it in her country home. Someone in this forum mentioned he did it for his parents within Canada.

So, does she needs to apply for a new multiple entry visa? Can she get a two years visa extension? If so, what’s the application path? Can she apply for an Extend Stay even when her multiple entry visa ends in September? How to proceed? Thanks.