+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Sponsorship

Surrey19

Aug 19, 2020
Hello

if my parents are in Canada I’m Super visa ,Can I sponsorship then for a PR and how long does it usually take to get them the residency

know that I’m a Canadian citizen

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Parental sponsorship is by lottery and based on LICO. The lottery opens once a year. You may never be selected and many aren’t. So no you can’t sponsor them by having them in Canada on a super visa.

Surrey19

Aug 19, 2020
Parental sponsorship is by lottery and based on LICO. The lottery opens once a year. You may never be selected and many aren’t. So no you can’t sponsor them by having them in Canada on a super visa.
I’m referring to the one which is without lottery and that have income requirements and take 20 to 24 month

How long does it take to sponsor parents to Canada?
The estimated application processing times to sponsor your parent or grandparent to live with you in Canada is approximately 20 to 24 months, so it’s best to get the process started as soon as possible.

Can my parents stay permanently in Canada?
Yes, when you apply through the family sponsorship program your parent or grandparents will be able to apply for permanent residence.

How Do I Apply?
Step 1. Check if you’re eligible.

Step 2. Submit an online interest to sponsor your parents or grandparents.

Step 3. If successful, you will receive an invitation to apply to sponsor your parents and/or grandparents to immigrate to Canada

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I’m referring to the one which is without lottery and that have income requirements and take 20 to 24 month

The estimated application processing times to sponsor your parent or grandparent to live with you in Canada is approximately 20 to 24 months, so it’s best to get the process started as soon as possible.

Yes, when you apply through the family sponsorship program your parent or grandparents will be able to apply for permanent residence.

How Do I Apply?

Step 3. If successful, you will receive an invitation to apply to sponsor your parents and/or grandparents to immigrate to Canada
Sponsor your parents and grandparents: About the process - Canada.ca

You have skipped all the requirements and just clicked on to "how to apply" but you have to be invited first by lottery. There is no program for sponsoring parents without being invited through the lottery system.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015

How Do I Apply?

There is no regular sponsorship program for parents/grand parents that doesn’t involve the lottery (or some similar method that meets program limits).

Surrey19

Aug 19, 2020
Oh I see so it is not that easy

does anyone know how many applicants are received year so 10,00 are being selected

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Oh I see so it is not that easy

does anyone know how many applicants are received year so 10,00 are being selected
If I remember correctly, there were somewhere between 150,000 and 200,000 expression of interests submitted out of which the 10,000 were selected.

Reactions: nayr69sg