+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Sponsorship

Queen-2020

May 3, 2020
I am trying to bring my parents as a visitor with my work permit. My question is for the family income cut off, does it have to be for a family of three (myself, husband and child) or a family of five with my parent included?
Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

I am trying to bring my parents as a visitor with my work permit. My question is for the family income cut off, does it have to be for a family of three (myself, husband and child) or a family of five with my parent included?
Thanks.
1. You seem to be confused, as you are not a PR or Citizen, you can't apply for a supervisa for your parents.
2. They have to apply for a regular visitor visa (TRV) and show sufficient funds to maintain themselves. You can show your income/saving to support their application.

Reactions: Queen-2020

hydrakanth

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Short answer: Five.

Long answer: See below:

When both your parents apply for a TRV, you will be responsible for a total of five individuals in Canada (unless, your parents have enough liquid cash to prove that they have enough funds to cover tickets, living expenses in Canada etc. for the duration of stay).

Reactions: Queen-2020

Queen-2020

May 3, 2020
Hi

1. You seem to be confused, as you are not a PR or Citizen, you can't apply for a supervisa for your parents.
2. They have to apply for a regular visitor visa (TRV) and show sufficient funds to maintain themselves. You can show your income/saving to support their application.

Queen-2020

May 3, 2020
Hi

Thank you for your response. Yeah for a regular visitor visa

Queen-2020

May 3, 2020
Short answer: Five.

Long answer: See below:

When both your parents apply for a TRV, you will be responsible for a total of five individuals in Canada (unless, your parents have enough liquid cash to prove that they have enough funds to cover tickets, living expenses in Canada etc. for the duration of stay).
Okay thank you. You answered my question.

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
Thanks.
You are not required to provide your income. Since your parents are applying for a regular TRV, it's more of what their income is and how much savings they have and not you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Please enlighten me as to why they can’t travel at the moment. Apart from the pandemic.
It's because of the pandemic. Canada has travel restrictions in place right now and their travel will be classified as non-essential. There are exceptions to the travel ban for immediate family members of Canadian citizens and PRs. However since you are only in Canada on a temporary visa (work permit), this exception does not apply to your parents and they will not be allowed to travel. They will need to wait until after the travel ban has been lifted before they will be allowed to board a plane to Canada.

hydrakanth

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
You are not required to provide your income. Since your parents are applying for a regular TRV, it's more of what their income is and how much savings they have and not you.
This is not true in call cases. If a son is going to invite (and sponsor) his parents to Canada on a TRV, he also has to show his employment income and meet or exceed annual income cut off for total number of persons (family+visitors). By providing employment letter from a Canadian employer and bank balance in Canada, the sponsor is trying to show that he is financially stable and can support his parents during their stay in Canada and thereby decreasing the chances of TRV rejection for parents.

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
This is not true in call cases. If a son is going to invite (and sponsor) his parents to Canada on a TRV, he also has to show his employment income and meet or exceed annual income cut off for total number of persons (family+visitors). By providing employment letter from a Canadian employer and bank balance in Canada, the sponsor is trying to show that he is financially stable and can support his parents during their stay in Canada and thereby decreasing the chances of TRV rejection for parents.
1. The OP is not a PR or a citizen so his/her invitation letter is not going to be a big factor in the decision making. Go to the official website, it says you have to say if you're a PR/citizen and attach a copy of your PR card/passport/birth certificate etc.
2. The OP is not a sponsor since he/she is not applying for a supervisa where he/she would be responsible for his/her parents in Canada. (Cant apply since the OP is on work visa)
3. The OP can provide a bank statement etc which would be better than not providing anything but the officer will look at the OPs parents profile since they have to support themselves in Canada.