+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents sponsorship (TRV/Super/PGP?) - US Visa rejected

backupoption123

Star Member
Jan 4, 2017
Hello,

I am seeking some suggestions regarding which route I should take for parents visa/sponsorship.

Here is the background:
I currently work in US [h1] and have a CAD PR. I am planning to move to Canada soon ( but there is a possibility I may live near CAD border and commute daily to US for work till I find a job in Canada).
My sibling is also in US pursuant of a F1 Visa( student). My parents US Visitor visa got rejected last year.
The only questions asked were about what your children do in US and have you ever traveled aboard (they don't have travel history).
I am planning to take them to one or two Asian countries before applying for CAD visa, just to say " yes" to have you ever traveled to any other countries.

Questions :

1) I have read US/CAD are member of 5 eye sharing Visa details. Does this also account for rejection cases and do CAD officers look at it?

2) what type of Visa/sponsorship should I go for? TRV/SuperVisa or PGP
I do not have T4 or other things you get when you are employed in Canada as I will be employed in US. (I will file my first tax in CAD next year for 2017 showing income from US)

3) when Should I apply?
3a. While I am still in US and have no physical address in Canada?
3b. Settle down. have a physical address while still working in US?
3c. Settle down completely in CAD ?
3c. doesn't matter
3d. Any other suggestion?

4) Should I sponsor them? or have them show their income etc? or show both?
4a. What other things apart from Savings, and property can be used to show ties back to the country?

5) Book return tickets and attach them to application?

6) Apply for Mom first and if she gets it apply for Dad or vice versa?

any help from someone who was in similar situation and got through this or have extensive knowledge, I would really appreciate your help?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
You can sponsor super visa only if you reside in Canada and meet the LICO income requirements. So you cannot do that unless you make Canada as your residence and file taxes there. Tourist visa can be applied on their own in the purpose of tourism.

It's hard to say if US visa refusal would have any impact on trv. But super visa is less likely to be rejected it you have right paperwork

sps2can

Star Member
May 10, 2017
If you might end up working in US, I would also suggest to reapply for their US visa. Denials does not mean that the applicant is not eligible for the visa, its very subjective and depends upon the discretion of the VO. My parents visa was rejected first time and second time went to admin processing but luckily cleared after that. I know parents who got rejected twice and got it on the third try, that also applied repeatedly within a span of 15 months..
I do not see the need to travel abroad just to answer that travel question. Its quite easy to get a Canadian tourist visa anyways, though a Canadian PR or citizen sponsoring helps the case.