+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Sponsorship 2017 discussion

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
F5 said:
Trudope just opened the door of corruption by implementing the so called Lottery system. Names were picked by officers. If you know a officer pay them and they will pick your file. Like father like son. Taking Canada in Gutter.
Thumbs up to that. I cannot stand Trudeau

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
How can we ensure this is random selection where they have names on each ticket. Who knows if they do not pick their relatives or people who bribe them. Also what is the point of changing income to 2014-2016 instead of 2013-2015, many people may not have applied because they thought they do not meet 2013 income. And seeing so many ineligible people got a spot is just so b/s, how do they ensure there are 10000 eligible applicants this year, I bet will only be 3000

talkto_vinay

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
Passport Req..
05-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2016
LANDED..........
21-12-2016
I got another email but with my name....again indicating that I have not been selected :-(

hatimenrique

Dec 22, 2012
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-09-2014
Both myself and my wife submitted the request in Jan, and both got rejected. Good luck to those who received the green light to apply.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
deerestlovelybear said:
How can we ensure this is random selection where they have names on each ticket. Who knows if they do not pick their relatives or people who bribe them. Also what is the point of changing income to 2014-2016 instead of 2013-2015, many people may not have applied because they thought they do not meet 2013 income. And seeing so many ineligible people got a spot is just so b/s, how do they ensure there are 10000 eligible applicants this year, I bet will only be 3000
Lotteries should be held with a live audience to ensure transparency. This was not done legally.

Roze2

Dec 9, 2016
You are an asshole!!!

alijpro said:
You'd be really stupid if you think someone ineligible filling the form will waste a spot. Of course if s/he is not eligible then s/he will be disqualified and the spot will be given to someone eligible.

and BTW CIC uploaded detailed requirements few days after they made form available. So stop shaming people who filled the forms.

I filled this form twice from my side and from my sibling's side even though I was 99% sure that I won't be eligible... You have a problem?

And even if it does waste a spot... why do I care? .. I am not getting selected anyway so why not take a few more people down with me...

There is a saying in URDU language,... "Hum tou dobay hain sanam tumko bhi lay dobain ge"... Translation: Since I am drowning so I will take you with me.. LOL

SuperCitizen

Jun 19, 2014
I have one question, not sure if anyone has answer? IRCC did not make it clear. If IRCC has send invitation to 10000 there would be some incomplete or ineligible applications. They should do one more draw after 90 days to fill the remaining, so who get regret email can have one more chance this year.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SuperCitizen said:
I have one question, not sure if anyone has answer? IRCC did not make it clear. If IRCC has send invitation to 10000 there would be some incomplete or ineligible applications. They should do one more draw after 90 days to fill the remaining, so who get regret email can have one more chance this year.

I'm almost certain, they will not do another draw.
if they had that in plan, rejection email would've mentioned that there is still chance, instead of "too bad so sad, better luck next year"

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Who knows if they do not pick their relatives or people who bribe them.
Who knows if they do not pick their relatives or people who bribe them.
Gotta love the conspiracy theorists who come up with these asinine ideas! Do you really think that a group of IRCC employees sit in a room, away from any sort of supervision or audit process and sort through 95,000 applications by hand and then manipulate the process (not just once, but probably several times) to favour those who are related, friends or people they have received bribes from without raising suspicions? So naïve! Do you realize how silly you sound?
And the fact that the "lottery" is not a public draw is based on your limited understanding of what a lottery is. It's not 6/49. There is no requirement for them to hold it under public scrutiny (and in fact PIPA would probably play into that decision), so nothing illegal about how a government decides to implement a program that they themselves get to determine the process. Maybe they should do the same with random CRA tax audits and hold them in public.

I bet will only be 3000
And that would probably be in line with the numbers of PGP applications processed in recent years. The Liberals only promised to increase the number of applications allowed....they said nothing about approving them. Sorry to say, but PGP immigration is not a priority in Canada. If you haven't figured that out yet, it's time to take the rosey glasses off.

Reactions: Javiya

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Buletruck said:
Gotta love the conspiracy theorists who come up with these asinine ideas! Do you really think that a group of IRCC employees sit in a room, away from any sort of supervision or audit process and sort through 95,000 applications by hand and then manipulate the process (not just once, but probably several times) to favour those who are related, friends or people they have received bribes from without raising suspicions? So naïve! Do you realize how silly you sound?
And the fact that the "lottery" is not a public draw is based on your limited understanding of what a lottery is. It's not 6/49. There is no requirement for them to hold it under public scrutiny (and in fact PIPA would probably play into that decision), so nothing illegal about how a government decides to implement a program that they themselves get to determine the process. Maybe they should do the same with random CRA tax audits and hold them in public.

And that would probably be in line with the numbers of PGP applications processed in recent years. The Liberals only promised to increase the number of applications allowed....they said nothing about approving them. Sorry to say, but PGP immigration is not a priority in Canada. If you haven't figured that out yet, it's time to take the rosey glasses off.
They purposely selected ineligible applicants by allowing these people to enter the pool, is that misleading of the increase in intake? I bet only half of those selected are really eligible

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
They purposely selected ineligible applicants by allowing these people to enter the pool, is that misleading of the increase in intake?
As with most things, the onus is on the applicant to ensure they meet the eligibility. Since there was no means to verify eligibility (based on earnings) just how did IRCC "purposely" select those that were ineligible, since they only provided approval of intent yesterday? Want to eliminate those applicants, I'd suggest having to submit a bond up front when you submit your interest to sponsor....say $1,500 a head...no refundable even to cover the cost associated with the process. Lets make it a real lottery...you spend your money and take your chances! Then you could televise the draw!

I bet only half of those selected are really eligible
And again, that pretty much falls in line with previous years. As much as it is a priority for everyone of the 95,000(a massive 0.003% of the voting population) applicant who applied to get their parents here, there is still a significantly large portion of the population who A) don't care or B0 don't want them here anyway. PGP is not a priority for Canada as a whole.

BJbirdie

Mar 10, 2017
Good questions about the people who don't qualify once their application is looked at. Aren't the places not used filled by people waiting and not invited this time, it seems very wrong not to go back and fill the whole 10,000+ places. The draw should happen again when people do not have the correct status, etc, or even do not apply within the 90 days.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
BJbirdie said:
Good questions about the people who don't qualify once their application is looked at. Aren't the places not used filled by people waiting and not invited this time, it seems very wrong not to go back and fill the whole 10,000+ places. The draw should happen again when people do not have the correct status, etc, or even do not apply within the 90 days.
It is a very simple correction that I hope CIC will do, after 90 days they will know how many apps they received and how many are not eligible from income perspective, then allow people to submit first come first serve till 10K is filled