+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

apple123_4567

Oct 2, 2015
Guys .. Slightly divulging.. So what are the options now apart from PGP (which is uncertain) and super visa(which is 10 yr time bound)?

1) Any other out of the box thinking here around to bring single parent?
2) investment immigration ? can someone include parent in the application?
3) Any PNP program that allows parent under some other program?

farah242

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
14-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Thanks so much for the detailed reply. This is what I exactly thought that you cant just randomly go and do a DNA test. Its an expensive procedure and has to be requested by visa office they should also give you reasons as to why they are ordering it etc.
The MP and IRCC both know nothing! They are giving highly confusing and misleading answers. Their office is closed for 2 week holidays. Good for nothing MP!

Another-Immigrant said:
Here is more information about DNA tests

From the CIC manual http://www.cic.gc.ca/englisH/resources/manuals/op/op01-eng.pdf

In this manual from Section 13 Procedure: DNA tests

========================================
13.1 Information for applicants
Visa offices should inform applicants of the following:
 the decision to be tested or not is entirely their own;
 they or their sponsor must pay all costs, including sample taking, courier costs for
shipping, the laboratory analysis of all samples, and the final report submitted
directly from the laboratory to IRCC and the applicant;
=========================================

In this manual from Section 14 Procedure: DNA testing

======================
The following steps must be followed when samples for DNA testing are taken:
Provide clients with the link to the Standards Council of Canada website that
provides names and addresses of laboratories accredited for DNA relationship
testing. Applicants, their sponsors or representatives are responsible for choosing a
laboratory.
=======================

Finally a sample letter

=============================
Appendix D Sample letter requesting a DNA test (to be adapted
to your needs)
[Date]
[File number]
[Name and address]
Dear [applicant]:
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Include the following paragraph if no documentary evidence is submitted in
support of the application.
After reviewing the information provided in support of your application, I am not satisfied
that there is sufficient evidence to prove the parent-child relationship between you and
[NAME OF CHILD].
Include the following paragraph if some documentary evidence is submitted but is
not satisfactory. Add brief reasons for suggesting a DNA test as well. Sample
reasons are listed below.
After reviewing the information provided in support of your application, I am not satisfied
that there is sufficient evidence to prove the parent-child relationship between you and
[NAME OF CHILD].
 The birth certificate you provided was issued after you submitted your application for
permanent residence.
 The birth certificate you provided was sent for verification to the (name of the
authorities). [Name of the authorities] have confirmed that the certificate was never
issued by them.
Since the documentary evidence you have provided does not enable us to establish
parentage between you and the child, and you are unable to obtain other documentary
evidence, in place of documentary evidence we will accept the results of a DNA analysis
carried out by a laboratory accredited by the Standards Council of Canada for DNA testing.
You are responsible for the selection of such an accredited laboratory in Canada and for the
costs associated with sample taking, shipping, laboratory analysis and report submission.
Please refer to the list of laboratories accredited by the Standards Council of Canada to
conduct DNA testing.
Once you decide to undergo DNA testing, the chosen laboratory will send us a letter
informing us that you are prepared to undertake testing. Upon receipt of this letter, we will
OP 1 Procedures
2016-03-15 80
then contact you with a date for sample collection at an [APPROVED COLLECTION SITE]. We
will also inform you of the requirements for a valid passport, an identification card, two
passport-size photos, and the fees for the sample collection procedure and courier services
to send each sample to Canada. Please note that it is important for you to have on hand the
necessary identification documents so that we may proceed with the sample collection.
The results of the DNA tests will be sent to us by the laboratory when analysis has been
completed. This can take approximately four to six weeks.
If the tests confirm the relationship between you and [NAME OF CHILD], we will be in a
position to proceed with the processing of your application or issue new medical instructions
if your medical results have expired by that time.
DNA tests are not mandatory.
If we are not advised within 90 days by a laboratory that you will undergo DNA testing, we
will assume that you are no longer interested in providing a DNA test result and will render
a decision based on the information available to us at that time.
Sincerely,
[VISA OFFICER]
A list of accredited laboratories can be found on the Standards Council of Canada website.
=========================================================

So from this CIC manual, my understanding is that, CIC should inform the client (in this case You) about the test and all other information with the letter as shown above. I don't think it is something you can just go by your self and do the DNA test

And also without information from CIC, how you would know, which person should go for DNA test, e.g. you and your mother or Your sibling(which sibling) and your mother should go for test.?

Also here is link for DNA test labs in case you need to call DNA labs to confirm if they can do the test with CIC letter ?

=province%3AOntario]https://www.scc.ca/en/search/palcan/dna?f[0]=province%3AOntario]https://www.scc.ca/en/search/palcan/dna?f[0]=province%3AOntario]https://www.scc.ca/en/search/palcan/dna?f[0]=province%3AOntario

You can select the Province from right side for Lab address for your province

thepilot

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VO Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2011
Med's Request
01-07-2016
Med's Done....
10-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
canvis2006 said:
I like the change.

Previously, people were forging signatures of their parents on the forms in order to beat everyone else, and the courier companies were also taking advantage and charging so much money just to deliver to CIC early, on time etc. Then you had people stressing out about whether their application made the 5k/10k intake or not.

With this new online application, EVERYONE has a chance to be selected. Not just those who forged/faked signatures and documents and rushed their docs on 1st day by paying extra $$$$.

I like the change, its more fair and gives everyone a better chance even if they're few days late. Plus it prevents couriers from playing with people's emotions and charging them so much money just to make a delivery. Courier companies got greedy, well, it didn't last long for them. I like that.

People will probably still forge docs/signatures but atleast the "rush to get it in" will subside. People will calm down a little and not be so stressed.
Leave you with some math here.

If there were 1.000.000 applications waiting to be sponsored and you were 1 of them.

1/1000.000

How long will it take for you to be selected? There is no queue either.

You may say, each year it will decrease; but that doesn't mean more people are not going to apply.

Food for thought. :'(

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
farah242 said:
Thanks so much for the detailed reply. This is what I exactly thought that you cant just randomly go and do a DNA test. Its an expensive procedure and has to be requested by visa office they should also give you reasons as to why they are ordering it etc.
The MP and IRCC both know nothing! They are giving highly confusing and misleading answers. Their office is closed for 2 week holidays. Good for nothing MP!
As far as I know you should be fine. Just make sure you did not missed any email from Visa Office (CIC) by checking SPAM/Junk email folders . I know you are smart and you know this, just reminding in case.

And yes, MP and Staff at MP office, and Staff at office of Minister of immigration office, All (At least to whom i dealt with) are "Lawyer" working free (getting paid by you and me means public money) for CIC not for you and me. Also support CIC does not matter what is the case. They all want you to change not want to understand your pain, don not get feedback from you and don not want to work to make that change. Even they don't want to hear. :(

How miserable that can be, they even can not get proper/correct information form CIC on your/mine behalf.?. But reality is this and we (and many other future immigrants) have to live with this bitter truth/reality. Future will tell how many are going to suffer with new PGP changes.. It may came to public after 100 Years from now :(

Thanks

thepilot

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VO Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2011
Med's Request
01-07-2016
Med's Done....
10-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
Another-Immigrant said:
New forms came , Minister of Immigration replaced

No one has any concern? :)
John Mccallum was pretty much useless, like any politician full of promises but never accomplished anything.

I actually see a brighter future with Ahmed, he was an immigrant and is an activist! :p

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
who is waiting to win the 10000 lottery? anyone ready with the forms?

cool ammy

Mar 9, 2016
Hello Everyone..... got ppr on 5 jan Nd submit passports on 6 jan but Till Now not get our passports with visas ..hve Any idea in how many days they send passports Back With visa ????

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cool ammy said:
Hello Everyone..... got ppr on 5 jan Nd submit passports on 6 jan but Till Now not get our passports with visas ..hve Any idea in how many days they send passports Back With visa ????
Congrats. When did u see decision made on ecas. Ur passports should get stamped soon.

quresa1

Feb 28, 2012
ECAS Shows under Permanent Resident

"Medicals have been received"
Does its mean medicals have been passed. I read it somewhere that its a misconception that it means medicals are passed.
I applied for my parents in Jul 2010
Sponsorship approved: 23 Sep 2016 (transferred to London Visa office)
Received email on Nov10: Copies of passport,Police Clearance, two passport photos for each family member, RPRF fees and Additional Family Members form and Medicals as well.
Medicals completed Dec 10.
Medical Furtherance received on Dec 18 (referral to a Hepatologist)
Medicals were uploaded to CIC by IOM(Lahore) Jan 12. (With comments from the hepatologist)
Ecas shows medicals have been received Jan 12.

I think whatever they required from us its completed. I am just anxious as to when we will get the calls for passport submission, so far London Visa office has been insanely quick. Hoping for the best.

Any body with similar timelines. Please comment.

Regards,
Ali

cool ammy

Mar 9, 2016
quresa1 said:
ECAS Shows under Permanent Resident

"Medicals have been received"
Does its mean medicals have been passed. I read it somewhere that its a misconception that it means medicals are passed.
I applied for my parents in Jul 2010
Sponsorship approved: 23 Sep 2016 (transferred to London Visa office)
Received email on Nov10: Copies of passport,Police Clearance, two passport photos for each family member, RPRF fees and Additional Family Members form and Medicals as well.
Medicals completed Dec 10.
Medical Furtherance received on Dec 18 (referral to a Hepatologist)
Medicals were uploaded to CIC by IOM(Lahore) Jan 12. (With comments from the hepatologist)
Ecas shows medicals have been received Jan 12.

I think whatever they required from us its completed. I am just anxious as to when we will get the calls for passport submission, so far London Visa office has been insanely quick. Hoping for the best.

Any body with similar timelines. Please comment.

Regards,
Ali
No..its Not a Misconception...... It means that u Hve passed your medicals So gud luck for ur Ppr...

Gypsy49

Jan 18, 2017
Re: parents sponsership join here

[ Hi Guys!
I have just joined this forum and would like to know if somebody can tell me how much time does it normally take to get one's papers after medical examination has been done under PGP category?
I have been waiting for over four months now and feeling exasperated :(.
[/quote]