Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2017

wannaKnow

Jul 10, 2006
Hello,

I have receive a document checklist for my parent sponsorship (single parent). In one of checklist it says for

If you have any non-accompanying dependant who were 22 years of age or above and unmarried at the time of the sponsorship, complete the Non-Accompanying Adult Son/Daughter Additional Information Form attached to this letter. You may photocopy the attached form as required.

I have no dependants added to IMM008 form, as both my children(son and daughter) are already in Canada. My son is the sponsor.

Do I still need to fill the "Non-Accompanying Adult Son/Daughter Additional Information Form" out ?

Thanks

Blossom318

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Hello Everyone!

I'm not too familiar with parents sponsorship. I'm also new to this particular topic in this forum. Is there a guide that i can turn to?

I was wondering, I just received my my PR earlier this week. I've been on work permit for the past three years. and filled my taxes for 2013, 2014, 2015. I myself has not met the Income requirement, but both my husband and mine combined, we meet the requirements. Can my husband act as co-signer to sponsor my parents?.

One main question is, Should we use a lawyer and do it ourselves?

Advice is much appreciated! THanks!

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Blossom318 said:
Hello Everyone!

I'm not too familiar with parents sponsorship. I'm also new to this particular topic in this forum. Is there a guide that i can turn to?

I was wondering, I just received my my PR earlier this week. I've been on work permit for the past three years. and filled my taxes for 2013, 2014, 2015. I myself has not met the Income requirement, but both my husband and mine combined, we meet the requirements. Can my husband act as co-signer to sponsor my parents?.

One main question is, Should we use a lawyer and do it ourselves?

Advice is much appreciated! THanks!
Currently the cap for 2016 has been met and will reopen on 3 Jan 2017 when 10000 complete applications will be accepted.

Here is the link to parent sponsorship:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/parents.asp

There is no particular reason to hire a lawyer. The process can be completed by you alone however some people do decide to use the service of an immigration consultant or lawyer.

esal

May 19, 2016
Passed Sponsorship Stage (Parents or Grandparents)

I recently received notification confirming that I passed the eligibility requirements for a Sponsor. Here's my timeline:

Jan 2014 - submitted application
June 2014 - received acknowledgement that my application has been received by CIC
March 2016 - received a letter requesting for additional documents (Notice of Assessment for past 3 years, etc.)
May 2016 - received Sponsorship Eligibility Decision (PASSED !). Applicant's documents forwarded to CPC-Ottawa for further processing.

Good luck to everyone !

Cgill

Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
June 2016
Med's Request
June 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Passport Req..
Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2017

sundusk

Feb 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010 May
Doc's Request.
2013 August
AOR Received.
2013 Nov
File Transfer...
2014 Nov
Med's Request
24th July
Med's Done....
10Th August
Interview........
Additional documents : 24th July Sent : 20th August
Passport Req..
PPR 1 10th May PPR2 20th May
VISA ISSUED...
inshaAllah soon
LANDED..........
inshaAllah very soon
Alhumdulli'Allah Alhumdulli'Allah today FINALLY after a long wait of 6 years we recieved our passport request from London Visa Office. I hope the same for all of you because I know the tough and hard struggle. Will update after the visa stamp soon inshaAllah :)

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
sundusk said:
Alhumdulli'Allah Alhumdulli'Allah today FINALLY after a long wait of 6 years we recieved our passport request from London Visa Office. I hope the same for all of you because I know the tough and hard struggle. Will update after the visa stamp soon inshaAllah :)
Congrats on your good news.

sundusk

Feb 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010 May
Doc's Request.
2013 August
AOR Received.
2013 Nov
File Transfer...
2014 Nov
Med's Request
24th July
Med's Done....
10Th August
Interview........
Additional documents : 24th July Sent : 20th August
Passport Req..
PPR 1 10th May PPR2 20th May
VISA ISSUED...
inshaAllah soon
LANDED..........
inshaAllah very soon

hammad123455

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
sundusk said:
Congratulations sundus!

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
hammad123455 said:
How much time they take after getting passports?
It can take a month or so in many cases, sometimes faster.
Send the passports and then start preparing.
You can start asking travel agents regarding tentative bookings, but don't buy or finalize tickets until passports are back with Visas/COPRs

Blossom318

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
soonihope said:
Currently the cap for 2016 has been met and will reopen on 3 Jan 2017 when 10000 complete applications will be accepted.

Here is the link to parent sponsorship:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/parents.asp

There is no particular reason to hire a lawyer. The process can be completed by you alone however some people do decide to use the service of an immigration consultant or lawyer.
Thanks a bunch!Appreciate it!

Moudgill

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Hi All!
Is anyone who received sponsorship approval in March 2016 and case transfer to Ottawa office get any update or medical request? Please note i asked about Ottawa office keep in this mind. My account shows Sponsorship "in Process" and my parents PR status shows "Application received" and i received my sponsorship approval in March 2016 but it still shows In process.

Please give anyone who get any update from Ottawa after case transfer to that office in March 2016.

SHSajib

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
Hello Seniors!!!

I am planning to apply for my parent as visitor. I am doing a job in Scotiabank now. It will be great if you please can tell me the checklist to submit the application and how much fund is required to show in my parent's side and in my side?

Hope to hear from you.

Regards
SHSajib