Med's Done....
May 2015
Passport Req..
Mar 21, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2016
farah242 said:
Hi Tp,
From your timeline I can see that it took 5 years for CIC to contact u for updated form and additional docs...
Was ur file complicated or wt? Usually most members gor the same request in 3 years.
It is so confusing. If files are in queue than why some people who applied after you got responses and u had to wait for the same response for so long?
Hi farah242,
my file wasn't complicated, actually I never received the additional doc request in nov 2011 when cic had sent to all the 2008 applicants. I contacted cic few times in mid 2012 to enquire about it after I read on cic website that they had sent additional doc request to 2008 applicants. However my phone calls were never responded properly. I gave up hope of contacting cic over phone and waited again hoping I would get the additional doc request some time later, as cic always discourages people from calling them and asks to wait patiently in line. It is also possible that I didnt receive their doc request because i had address changes but I always updated them by sending mail or updating online. Not sure if they still continued to sent mails to my old address. Whatever the reason, they had closed my file, They reopened it when I called them again in oct2013 after joining this forum and advises received from the members. Finally, somebody at cic bothered to look into my phone call in oct 2013 and got the doc request that time. there is hope again now that the file is transferred to local visa office, but one of the dependent on file is already in canada seeking humanitarian application, not sure how it will go for my dependent, getting bit complicated again!

farah242

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
14-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Tp said:
Hi farah242,
my file wasn't complicated, actually I never received the additional doc request in nov 2011 when cic had sent to all the 2008 applicants. I contacted cic few times in mid 2012 to enquire about it after I read on cic website that they had sent additional doc request to 2008 applicants. However my phone calls were never responded properly. I gave up hope of contacting cic over phone and waited again hoping I would get the additional doc request some time later, as cic always discourages people from calling them and asks to wait patiently in line. It is also possible that I didnt receive their doc request because i had address changes but I always updated them by sending mail or updating online. Not sure if they still continued to sent mails to my old address. Whatever the reason, they had closed my file, They reopened it when I called them again in oct2013 after joining this forum and advises received from the members. Finally, somebody at cic bothered to look into my phone call in oct 2013 and got the doc request that time. there is hope again now that the file is transferred to local visa office, but one of the dependent on file is already in canada seeking humanitarian application, not sure how it will go for my dependent, getting bit complicated again!
Oh....so sorry to hear that....CIC has been playing with the feelings of people for a long time now...they have no idea how hard it is to wait for years just to be able to bring your loved ones here.....they have made things so complicated and to be honest they r introducing such rules that will automatically discourage people from applying.
Anyways, I wish u all the very best for you case....hopefully u will see light at the end of the tunnel:)

farah242

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
14-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Tp said:
Hi farah242,
I have a question from all the experianced members, I cancled my representatvie lawyer when I sent the additional docs requested by CIC this july. Now my parents are in afg, and there is no system of mailing address so I clicked on the option on the form which lets all the info to reach the applicant via email.
Now the question is if CIC contatcs my from this point on, to let me know if I meet the requirment as sponsor where they will contact me through? The email address of my parents that I filled in the form or my home mailing address here in canada through which I sent the application ? I thought they will use the email address for correspondance once the file is transfered to LVO?

Roozirooti

Star Member
Feb 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2012 - PCC requested by LVO and submitted in Sep.
Med's Request
June 2013
Med's Done....
June-July 2013
Interview........
waived-Status change to In process on July 8, 2014
Passport Req..
Nov 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2015
LANDED..........
Landed on Feb 05 2016
Can some one tell me how long will it take from status " medical documents have been received" to "Decision Made"? Islamabad office is moving things quickly.

helping canadian

Aug 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello 205 dear i am waiting for ur reply pls
when u have got remedical pls tell me
and have u got only chest xray pls
can u say me the detail so it would be helpful
and after doing mp inquiry u have got it
so that it could be helpful to me

helping canadian

Aug 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello pari4u ..
I want one suggetion from u
i am also waiting for re medical
and so as u said last time they have told u 3 months
that is december end
what should we ddo now pls tell me and
are u dependent over 22 at the time of appliucation

gurunanak

Aug 17, 2014
farah242 said:
I have a question from all the experianced members, I cancled my representatvie lawyer when I sent the additional docs requested by CIC this july. Now my parents are in afg, and there is no system of mailing address so I clicked on the option on the form which lets all the info to reach the applicant via email.
Now the question is if CIC contatcs my from this point on, to let me know if I meet the requirment as sponsor where they will contact me through? The email address of my parents that I filled in the form or my home mailing address here in canada through which I sent the application ? I thought they will use the email address for correspondance once the file is transfered to LVO?
My understanding is that if you had provided an email address, they will contact you through email and not through regular mail... In IMM 008 form, under contact information, question no.6 - whatever email address you provided will be used to contact you, the sponsor

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec 2007
Doc's Request.
nov 2011
AOR Received.
july 2012
Med's Request
1st- 10 oct 2012, 2nd- 7 nov 2014
Med's Done....
1st- 1 nov 2012, 2nd- 12 nov 2014
Passport Req..
21 nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
20 nov 2014 got pp on 8 dec 2014
LANDED..........
soon
helping canadian said:
Hello 205 dear i am waiting for ur reply pls
when u have got remedical pls tell me
and have u got only chest xray pls
can u say me the detail so it would be helpful
and after doing mp inquiry u have got it
so that it could be helpful to me
i got remed on 7 nov nd done on 12 nov,,,also got pp requst on 21 nov...all medical examination is done,not only chest x-ray
we done mp inquiry in sept nd they replied fresh medical instructions would be sent to applicants shortly,,so we got remed in nov nd they also returned the study documents of dependent ,,,now lets see when we will get pp with visa

helping canadian

Aug 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
205 said:
i got remed on 7 nov nd done on 12 nov,,,also got pp requst on 21 nov...all medical examination is done,not only chest x-ray
we done mp inquiry in sept nd they replied fresh medical instructions would be sent to applicants shortly,,so we got remed in nov nd they also returned the study documents of dependent ,,,now lets see when we will get pp with visa
ok thanks a lot for ur reply. .... but I think passport was qiyh them since after u completed ur first medical that is u submitted passport in nov 2012 then why again passport req...

msh_ca

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI farah242,

you can make yourself their representative. Then CIC will communicate with you.

LivingTheDreams

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 March, 2010
Doc's Request.
08 August, 2013 -06 September, 2013(docs received in Mississauga)- 12 November,2014( Docs request by Delhi)
AOR Received.
09 October, 2013 (AOR from Mississauga)
File Transfer...
02 September, 2014- 09 September,2014(AOR from Delhi)
Med's Request
14 November,2014
Med's Done....
17 November,2014- Medical result received on Ecas(15 January,2015)
Passport Req..
28 April, 2015
LANDED..........
05 July,2015
Hello folks,

Can you guys tell me how to send additional documents, pcc and medical to new delhi?

They just said to submit it at their address but doesn't say if we can courier or registered mail it to them.

Any experience or thoughts would be appreciated.

thanks

sensfan

Nov 25, 2014
Hi Guys,

I’m new to this forum. I want to sponsor my parents from India to come live with me in Canada. I am currently working on their application and hoping to submit in first week of January 2015. I have a few questions in regards to the application.

1. I intend to be a representative for my parents application. Do I still need to get the application signed by my parents or can I sign on their behalf?
2. Can I apply for their application from Ottawa? If yes, where would I have to send the documents?
3. The CIC website indicates that it will take approximately 5 years to process an application. Does anyone know if this is the ACTUAL timeline?
4. There are spelling errors in my parent’s identification cards issued by local authority, so I have a affidavit made by the local lawyer from India to follow the names indicated in the passports. Do you think this would suffice as an explanation?

Thanks everyone for your kind help and I wish everyone good luck on your family applications…. *there is always a light at the end of the tunnel*

Sensfan

hunny007

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB PAKISTAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 2007
Doc's Request.
NOV 2011
AOR Received.
JAN 2013
File Transfer...
OCT 2012
Med's Request
APR 2013 AND ADDITION TEST JULY 2013
Med's Done....
22 APR 2013 AND ADDITIONAL TEST JULY 2013 Re med,s aug 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
oct 3 2014
VISA ISSUED...
nov 17 2014 and send passport back nov25 2014
Roozirooti said:
Can some one tell me how long will it take from status " medical documents have been received" to "Decision Made"? Islamabad office is moving things quickly.

Rooti Bhai when your medical done? remedical i mean

BCKev

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2010
Doc's Request.
02-08-2013
AOR Received.
13-12-2013
File Transfer...
06-02-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014
Med's Done....
25-07-2014
Passport Req..
25-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
22-11-2014
Roozirooti said:
We had the medical done on July 25, 2014. Decision made on September 25, 2014. The application was processed in Ottawa.

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec 2007
Doc's Request.
nov 2011
AOR Received.
july 2012
Med's Request
1st- 10 oct 2012, 2nd- 7 nov 2014
Med's Done....
1st- 1 nov 2012, 2nd- 12 nov 2014
Passport Req..
21 nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
20 nov 2014 got pp on 8 dec 2014
LANDED..........
soon
helping canadian said:
ok thanks a lot for ur reply. .... but I think passport was qiyh them since after u completed ur first medical that is u submitted passport in nov 2012 then why again passport req...
they returned back passports for dna test