06-03-2013
Med's Done....
6-17-2013
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
06-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
in progress -medical results rec'd. strted processing application dec,9th 13, DM may 5th
LANDED..........
july 2014
I applied for my parents sponsorship in apr 2009 along with one under 22. he was droped from the application as he got married and was not eligible for family category when they requested for additional documents immigration was notified of status changed and we wish to drop him. medicals were done in june 2013, for my parents and along with their passport requests. couple weeks ago i rec'd email from ND requesting my brother's marriage certificate and wedding photos. can any one tell how far this application is ... are they probably done with background chks and file reviews as they would have requested any additional documents along with this request? thanks

vansh333

May 2, 2013
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 2009
Doc's Request.
march 2012
File Transfer...
feb 2013
Med's Request
30 dec 2013
Med's Done....
7 jan 2014 additional test on 12 april 2014 , status change ' medical received' on 2 may 2014..
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15 nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
26 nov 2014
LANDED..........
7 January
mani12 said:
Hi ..can anyone tell me who can apply for gcms notes... I am a dependant in the case and lives in canada.. can I apply for it or my sister who sponsored us has to apply??? Our medicals were done in july 2013 but there is no update on cic website..it just shows application received on oct 6 2009....
Nope only pr holders cn apply. Ur sis hs 2 apply . cn u tell me wen ws ur case transfer 2 ND???

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
layla.bee said:
I have sent the querry for application status to my MP today. Its been 48 months since I have applied for sponsorship for my mother and sister, and case is still in mississauga.

I called CIC again today and they said that they still dont see the documents being received on my file, which apparently were rec'd on Oct 4th, 2013. They told me that you should wait for 8-10 weeks for documents to be rec'd and your file updated. It is really upsetting for me.
Yes, it takes upto 10 weeks for Mississauga to process the sponsor's eligibility. Don't worry much. You will hear from them soon.

Gill kaur

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
sonu86 said:
My parents got their PP today with visas....Unfortunately, they did not issue visa to my one sister who was slightly over 22 years of age at time of application. The reason they gave is that she did not meet the requirement as a dependent because she was not enrolled in post secondary education and after doing her masters (MA) she went to do diploma and did not go for any higher sutudies. we can not do anything about it, i mean waiting for almost 6 years, what kind of study they gona enrol in when they are already done with their graduation....however, my other bro n sis got their visas and they both were under 22 years at time of application...i am happy that decision is made before the medical expiry but its sad that my sister is left behind who is genuily depedent on my parents as she was continuesly studying just to meet the requirement and did not apply for any job......

Hi...... Will u please tell that u sent all education documents fr ur elder sister ( one who was refused) that is masters then fr diploma along with additional documents they asked at the time of medical request or u sent them till masters at time of medical request and now they asked for further education documents ( diploma one) after the strike is over ??

Secondly , which diploma she has joined ?? And lastly wht it means doesn't enrolled in post secondary .... I mean she had so she is done with masters .

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec 2007
Doc's Request.
nov 2011
AOR Received.
july 2012
Med's Request
1st- 10 oct 2012, 2nd- 7 nov 2014
Med's Done....
1st- 1 nov 2012, 2nd- 12 nov 2014
Passport Req..
21 nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
20 nov 2014 got pp on 8 dec 2014
LANDED..........
soon
sonu86 said:
My parents got their PP today with visas....Unfortunately, they did not issue visa to my one sister who was slightly over 22 years of age at time of application. The reason they gave is that she did not meet the requirement as a dependent because she was not enrolled in post secondary education and after doing her masters (MA) she went to do diploma and did not go for any higher studies. we can not do anything about it, i mean waiting for almost 6 years, what kind of study they gona enrol in when they are already done with their graduation....however, my other bro n sis got their visas and they both were under 22 years at time of application...i am happy that decision is made before the medical expiry but its sad that my sister is left behind who is genuily depedent on my parents as she was continuesly studying just to meet the requirement and did not apply for any job......
congratss,,,but really sad for ur sister,,,this is not fair

itslaeq

Nov 26, 2011
Thompson MB
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06 Mar 2015
Doc's Request.
13 Jan 2016
AOR Received.
06 May 2015
File Transfer...
19 May 2015
Med's Request
18 Mar 2016 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
28 Mar 2016 (Remedical)
sonu86 said:
My parents got their PP today with visas....Unfortunately, they did not issue visa to my one sister who was slightly over 22 years of age at time of application. The reason they gave is that she did not meet the requirement as a dependent because she was not enrolled in post secondary education and after doing her masters (MA) she went to do diploma and did not go for any higher studies. we can not do anything about it, i mean waiting for almost 6 years, what kind of study they gona enrol in when they are already done with their graduation....however, my other bro n sis got their visas and they both were under 22 years at time of application...i am happy that decision is made before the medical expiry but its sad that my sister is left behind who is genuily depedent on my parents as she was continuesly studying just to meet the requirement and did not apply for any job......
Did they never raise the question of your sister being over 22 anytime while the application was being processed? Did they ask for her medicals, PCC and passport as well? I doubt the only reason they did not issue a visa to your sis is that she was over 22 when the application was filed. Continuous education doesn't really matter because all they see is your sis's status at the time application was filed as has happened in my case. I believe they should have informed you of your sis before instead of giving you false hopes. I understand this is disturbing but you have to accept it and there is no way out unfortunately. Which province do you live in?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If a child was 22 or older when the application was filed, they are only considered dependent if they were enrolled in full time studies since before the age of 22 and until they get their PR and are financially dependent on their parents. The sister was not and so she is not considered a dependent child and does not get a PR visa.

Even if they had tried to enroll her in further courses to try to keep her a full time student, immigration might have seen through that as a ploy to get her PR. The rules were set so that people could bring their truly dependent children with them to Canada, not so they could bring their adult independent children as well. The age limit is changing on January 1st too and after that, it will be set at 19 instead of 22.

If the sister is skilled, she can find a way to apply for her immigration by herself.

trishen24

Jul 6, 2012
Anybody have heard anything for CIC Singapore Yet?

My application was filled in July 2008 – Sponsorship was approved and forwarded to Singapore LVO in April 2012.

Since then, have not heard anything from Singapore LVO.

Did check with MP and response from Singapore is that the case is still awaiting initial assessment.

This is absolutely ridiculers.

Anybody can give me some hope.....PLSSSS.

gaggidhillon

Feb 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 april 2008
Doc's Request.
30 nov 2011
Nomination.....
27-jan-2012 doc send
AOR Received.
11-may-2012
File Transfer...
29 august 2012,AOR FROM NEW DELHI ON 9 OCTOBER 2012
Med's Request
08-NOV-2012
Med's Done....
07 dec 2012,ecas acknowledge medical on 30/12/12
Passport Req..
08-NOV-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06- march 2013 ("address change on 8 march"DM on 11 march")
LANDED..........
Last week of march
sonu86 said:
congrats Didi finally wait is over hope in future you elder sister too come here.

sonu86

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
Not received
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Hope soon
Gill kaur said:
Hi...... Will u please tell that u sent all education documents fr ur elder sister ( one who was refused) that is masters then fr diploma along with additional documents they asked at the time of medical request or u sent them till masters at time of medical request and now they asked for further education documents ( diploma one) after the strike is over ??

Secondly , which diploma she has joined ?? And lastly wht it means doesn't enrolled in post secondary .... I mean she had so she is done with masters .
We sent all her study documents along with medical including fee receipts and letters from college that she has been attending full time. She did 2 year certification in civil engneering and then was enrolled in aesthetics course at time of medical request. In their refusal letter they said that after completing post graduation she got enrolled in courses which can be done even after completing school....so she is not eligible as a dependent...

sonu86

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
Not received
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Hope soon
itslaeq said:
Did they never raise the question of your sister being over 22 anytime while the application was being processed? Did they ask for her medicals, PCC and passport as well? I doubt the only reason they did not issue a visa to your sis is that she was over 22 when the application was filed. Continuous education doesn't really matter because all they see is your sis's status at the time application was filed as has happened in my case. I believe they should have informed you of your sis before instead of giving you false hopes. I understand this is disturbing but you have to accept it and there is no way out unfortunately. Which province do you live in?
Actually they did ask for explanation back in February this year and lot of other dependents who were above 22 at time of application also got letters with different reasons...e.g who was enrolled in post graduation they asked why you doing post graduation with different subjects...or if some one failed then why...indirectly they were saying that you were only studying to stay continue which is actually true and that is also their fault as they have guidelines for dependents over 22 to be continuously enrolled in full time study...but you are right the reason is the age...I have seen few cases where dependents over 22 got refusal despite of being enrolled in any kind of study...last year they were very harsh on all dependents over 22 after changes in immigration rules....I hope they give visas to rest of dependents...

sonu86

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
Not received
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Hope soon
gaggidhillon said:
congrats Didi finally wait is over hope in future you elder sister too come here.
Thanks gaggi....hopefully she will but for now she is looking for a job so that she don't feel alone...

sonu86

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
Not received
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Hope soon
Leon said:
If a child was 22 or older when the application was filed, they are only considered dependent if they were enrolled in full time studies since before the age of 22 and until they get their PR and are financially dependent on their parents. The sister was not and so she is not considered a dependent child and does not get a PR visa.

Even if they had tried to enroll her in further courses to try to keep her a full time student, immigration might have seen through that as a ploy to get her PR. The rules were set so that people could bring their truly dependent children with them to Canada, not so they could bring their adult independent children as well. The age limit is changing on January 1st too and after that, it will be set at 19 instead of 22.

If the sister is skilled, she can find a way to apply for her immigration by herself.

My sister never failed any course and was studying before I applied and was continue sly enrolled. At time of application we did not know it is going to take almost 6 years...anyways it's not that she is not coming to Canada, it's just that in family reunion, she is left behind alone....that's what make me sad

bishoo1

Star Member
Oct 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LA & ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2008
Med's Request
1st Medical November 2012 - Re Medical April 2014
Med's Done....
November 2012 - April 2014
Passport Req..
18th July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
20th August 2014
LANDED..........
30th August 2014
sonu86 said:
Actually they did ask for explanation back in February this year and lot of other dependents who were above 22 at time of application also got letters with different reasons...e.g who was enrolled in post graduation they asked why you doing post graduation with different subjects...or if some one failed then why...indirectly they were saying that you were only studying to stay continue which is actually true and that is also their fault as they have guidelines for dependents over 22 to be continuously enrolled in full time study...but you are right the reason is the age...I have seen few cases where dependents over 22 got refusal despite of being enrolled in any kind of study...last year they were very harsh on all dependents over 22 after changes in immigration rules....I hope they give visas to rest of dependents...
Congrats atleast your parents and 2 other dependents gonna meet u soon and i wish for your sister she will join you soon in future
Can you please tell me when exactly you get this news about sister rejection ? i mean on Passport request letter or after sending passports ? i also sent you inbox message can you please tell it will b so helpful to me

mani12

Jun 13, 2013
vansh333 said:
Nope only pr holders cn apply. Ur sis hs 2 apply . cn u tell me wen ws ur case transfer 2 ND???
Our case was transferred in dec last year... medicals were done in june this year and there is no update of medicals received on cic... I dont know whats going on..whether they have received our medicals or not...confused...