Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
dwynf said:
Do I need to Renew my passport?
I agree with user828. When a visa is issued, its validity cannot be beyond the validity of the passport. You are not sure if the visa would be stamped as soon as you send the ppts in. If it takes long, your ppt may have already expired, thus delaying your application. It is better to renew the ppt and send both (old and new) together.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Thepas said:
New birth in our family in 2011.

Report change in family circumstances? or not? Along with requested docs.....
If you are the sponsor, then you should report it, as it may affect the LICO cut-off.

Thepas

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-March-2010
Doc's Request.
06-August-2013 Sent 19 Aug 13 Delivered 22Aug13
AOR Received.
30-March-2010
File Transfer...
23-oct-2013 to LVO
Med's Request
31-Dec-2013( Sent to different email address)
Med's Done....
05-March-2014 Recvd by CHCND 10-03-2014
sakamath said:
If you are the sponsor, then you should report it, as it may affect the LICO cut-off.
Lawyer and few other seniors suggested not to. But i submitted declaration with all option c till 2012.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
navdeep mmu said:
hello
user 28 can u tell me
meaning of these words
spr eligibility - passed
tfr eligibility
inventory spr
in progress spr
fcu-dis
fcu-pa
fcu-ca room
cscd meaning of these words please anyone tell me
SPR means Sponsor. "spr eligibility - passed" means the sponsorship portion of the application is passed. This is usually done by CIC-M
tfr eligibility (Status Open) means the file is eligible for transfer from one office to the other.
in progress spr means the sponsorship part of the application is in progress.

fcu followed by other terms - means the physical location of the file. (fcu = family class unit)

cscd may refer to Criminality and Security Check Date - can someone correct me if I am wrong???

Adonix

Jul 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug -08
File Transfer...
Nov-2012
Med's Request
Nov-2012
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Passport Req..
Nov-2012
user828 said:
Let us know, if nothing works - start doing hindi dance songs like in the movies and squeeze in while the crowd looks ;D
Finally back from Delhi.

So here is the summary of what happened

It was one hell of an argument to pass the Security Guards which wont let anybody in. I made some valid arguments, so they gave me a form which I filled and somebody at the counter reviewed it and agreed to talk to me. He requested me to give him some time to look into the case and asked me to come after few hours and made my appointment the same day since I explained I live far away.

When I came back he said they couldn't locate my physical file (I argued why physical but he said they have to look into physical file for full info). He is expecting it to be in one of the officers cabin. He took my phone and made so called "enquiry ticket". He assured me I'll get call in 2-3 days. When I argued what if I don't get a call, he said I can come back to see them at the counter.

I don't know if its true about the file but I gave him the benefit of doubt. Lets see what happens

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Vow, kinda knew that this would happen but atleast you got in. Whats this about cannot locate physical file, my GCMS said something similar

Amy1

Jun 20, 2012
Hello User 828

I need help from you for one of my friend parents
Her parents document request came from Missisauga she applied in 2009 and her mom is here in Canada on supervisa does her mom need to get police clearance from here and india for both?
second question her dad came to Canada in 1981 and he overstayed here but did not got deported or anything does she needs to include this into her dads travel history will that make any affect on her file or not?

any help from anybody will be appericated
Thank you

regina101

Sep 12, 2011
Hi guys.... I received document request from Mississauga and I forgot to include mailing lablels as part of the request though I need to double check my copy. I already submitted the application and thinking of sending another one with the mailing labels and also to advise them that my parents will be in Canada for vacation.

Any thoughts? Does the mailing labels really important? Should I just wait if they'll ask again or not?

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Amy1 said:
Hello User 828

I need help from you for one of my friend parents
Her parents document request came from Missisauga she applied in 2009 and her mom is here in Canada on supervisa does her mom need to get police clearance from here and india for both?
second question her dad came to Canada in 1981 and he overstayed here but did not got deported or anything does she needs to include this into her dads travel history will that make any affect on her file or not?

any help from anybody will be appericated
Thank you
1) Mom needs PCC from India only , they would do Canada themselves. PCC can be obtained from Indian Consulate
2) The forms which come now ask for last 10 years so 1981 won't be covered, however New Delhi will ask since age 18- now you would have to include it, ( best not to hide ) unless the passport has so many stamps and it wil a puzzle to figure out. The stamp on 1981 entry will be there, the exit would be of arrival in India
IMO< they are mostly concerned with criminality - so even if they see it, so what!- what will they be concerned about? if he took ext or not, did he enter US and re-enter, did he stay. There is no query anywhere which says,tell me all overstayed< they just need dates so give it to them?
Also, if the file goes to CPP-O, then this travel history won't come in play, its a new delhi thing only - coincidentally, we were never asked travel history either, but they wanted activities from 70's which had all the travel anyways

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Got response from MP

INFORMATION FROM THE M.P. CONTACT’S OFFICE:

This file is only pending the background checks. Everything else is clear.

ehuang

Aug 9, 2013
Need a hand with IMM5669 Schedule A Background /Declaration - Question 8, Activity. My dad is a general manager in his current company. Is the title sufficient enough? I don't know what else to put beside his title. Any help would be really much appreciated. Thanks!

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
user828 said:
Got response from MP

INFORMATION FROM THE M.P. CONTACT'S OFFICE:

Great news. Hope your parents would get the visa soon.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
ehuang said:
Need a hand with IMM5669 Schedule A Background /Declaration - Question 8, Activity. My dad is a general manager in his current company. Is the title sufficient enough? I don't know what else to put beside his title. Any help would be really much appreciated. Thanks!
If your dad is currently working, just provide occupation or job title. Hence in your case, you could simply provide "General Manager" along with that, which division he looks after would also help For example, General Manager - Operations or Accounts or whatever...

kandel

Jan 2, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 April 2008
Doc's Request.
1 March 2012 Doc's Submitted: 20 Apr 2012
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
25 Sep 2012 AOR Received: 16 Mar 2013
Med's Request
03 June 2013
Med's Done....
12 June 2013 Dependant......: One
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
07 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
user828 said:
Got response from MP

INFORMATION FROM THE M.P. CONTACT'S OFFICE:

That's good buddy!

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
tx sak and kandel - but this background check is going since march and when they everything is clear - I mean what else needs to be clear besides these checks

This is how she responded

Unfortunately, the background checks are not under the control of CIC and they must wait for the results too. For example, the police check is done by the various police departments where the applicant has recently lived and they take as long as the various police departments take to do the work and then send the result to CIC.

There are many checks that are initiated outside CIC depending on what the other checks show, so in some cases, the FBI gets involved and in others, Interpol may check on the person, so even CIC doesn’t always know what checks are being done.