Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Thepas said:
Hi user828... It seems u just got a chance to check the forum. U r shooting all answers for the questions from all day. I really appreciate the way you are helping fellows.

Well I talk to my lawyer today morning and he guided me to put Canada and visitor in imm0008. As even they are on visitors visa their present residence is Canada. For 5669 also it's clearly mentioned in tht doc tht if we ar travelling we have to mention tht time period. From trackitt forum few ppl did the something. I don't know which one is best way either to put home country or current country. But it seems it didn't hurt the ppl who filled in either ways.
Oh that - yes, for sure - that stuff gave me nightmares coz I didn't complete that properly and they asked since 1970's even though the form said since 18 or last 10 years. I had 3 excel sheets filled

I was speaking about addresses lived ( what I assume was your original query ) but for activities, definitely each and every foreign travel

ehuang

Aug 9, 2013
user828 said:
This is if your picking a different country for processing OTHER than your country of nationality
Thanks user828 for verifying. That's what I thought, too. In this case, I'll just include the Visitor Record showing my mom was lawfully admitted to Canada for at least one year.

I see that your parents' file has been finalized and just currently waiting for the visa. Did you submit yours to the LVO? or the CPP-O?

user828 said:
TO = Visa Expiry date, they know about it, you can write PRESENT after validation, doesnt matter
I'll just enter the visa expiry date. The system wouldn't allow me to leave it blank before validation. Once it's validated, if I tried to write 'PRESENT', I'll have to write it over the visa expiry date?

ehuang

Aug 9, 2013
Hi everyone, just wondering if most of you submitted Right of Permanent Residence Fee up front? I know on the form it says 'We strongly recommend that you pay and submit proof of payment of the RPRF with the complete application...". Since we need to wait for the request for the medical at the later time, I don't see any reasons that this would cause a great delay. Can senior members share their experience, it would be really much appreciated.

Thepas

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-March-2010
Doc's Request.
06-August-2013 Sent 19 Aug 13 Delivered 22Aug13
AOR Received.
30-March-2010
File Transfer...
23-oct-2013 to LVO
Med's Request
31-Dec-2013( Sent to different email address)
Med's Done....
05-March-2014 Recvd by CHCND 10-03-2014
user828 said:
Oh that - yes, for sure - that stuff gave me nightmares coz I didn't complete that properly and they asked since 1970's even though the form said since 18 or last 10 years. I had 3 excel sheets filled

I was speaking about addresses lived ( what I assume was your original query ) but for activities, definitely each and every foreign travel
3 excel sheets. LoL.

Well 18 years or 10 years whichever comes first. So I choose since 1985 as they are staying in the same residence since then. We can't predict what cpc asks us apart from their instructions.

Thepas

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-March-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
30-March-2010
File Transfer...
23-oct-2013 to LVO
Med's Request
Med's Done....
ehuang said:
Thanks user828 for verifying. That's what I thought, too. In this case, I'll just include the Visitor Record showing my mom was lawfully admitted to Canada for at least one year.

I see that your parents' file has been finalized and just currently waiting for the visa. Did you submit yours to the LVO? or the CPP-O?

I'll just enter the visa expiry date. The system wouldn't allow me to leave it blank before validation. Once it's validated, if I tried to write 'PRESENT', I'll have to write it over the visa expiry date?
That's how it should be.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
I would go by visa expiry date only.

Deekay09

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Suin said:
I got confused - how come their file was transferred to Ottawa then...
Hi Suin,

I think so many files of the same category were transerred to CPP-O. I had two files and both were processed in CPP-O. No dependants, parents only. In addition, we submiitted rprf and pcc at the time of additional information request. So in a way, complete documentation was provided at the first step.

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
Deekay09 said:
Hi Suin,

I think so many files of the same category were transerred to CPP-O. I had two files and both were processed in CPP-O. No dependants, parents only. In addition, we submiitted rprf and pcc at the time of additional information request. So in a way, complete documentation was provided at the first step.

Hi deekay09
I did the same for my mom, paid RPRF, pcc included but still they just transfered the case to SGVO two weeks ago, says it depends on applicant's home country. But I think they are doing it ramdomly and sending those to CPP-O.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
Hi Deekay09, how many people were on both of your applications? Were your parents in Canada when they requested additional docs or they stayed all process in their country of residence?

eric leon

Dec 6, 2012
my dad dont have surname on passport or other documents.but when my sis applied in 2010 she include surname on the forms.my question is tht can create problem or its normal.

Thepas

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-March-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
30-March-2010
File Transfer...
23-oct-2013 to LVO
Med's Request
Med's Done....
eric leon said:
my dad dont have surname on passport or other documents.but when my sis applied in 2010 she include surname on the forms.my question is tht can create problem or its normal.
I believe it's mandatory to have surname in identity documents. I don't know how authorities issued the passport without surname in the first place. You can ask your passport office to amend the passport with last name. They will include those details on the page and stamp it..same procedure as change in last name after marriage. You have to include a copy of that page along the passport copy.

SusanG

Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi or Moscow ??
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2009
Doc's Request.
02-08-2013
File Transfer...
08-04-2013
Hey all,

I'm happy for all of those who have their visas issued .. congrats!
and finally It's our turn Aug patch, well I have a question for you:
Is that OK to be the representative for my parent while I'm the sponsor too? any experience?
Another question, My husband is a cosigner for the my parent's sponsorship and he has enough income, for my I don't have an income do you think that would affect the decision?

Thanks
Susan

eric leon

Dec 6, 2012
Thepas said:
I believe it's mandatory to have surname in identity documents. I don't know how authorities issued the passport without surname in the first place. You can ask your passport office to amend the passport with last name. They will include those details on the page and stamp it..same procedure as change in last name after marriage. You have to include a copy of that page along the passport copy.
cic can ask for it. and my dad sign all forms without surname. and experienced member plz suggest me.

canadian_J

May 13, 2010
ladyinwaiting said:
Parent Sponsorship here. My brother is sponsoring my mother and me.

File sent March 3rd 2008
File received March 4th 2008
Acknowledgment letter April 2008
Additional documents requested November 25th 2011
Additional documents sent December 14th 2011
Additional documents received December 15th 2011
Hi there,

I came across your blog and would really appreciate your help. I have a similar situation but I am sponsoring my parents who live in India. My timeline so far

File sent March 10th 2010
Acknowledgment letter April 2010
Additional documents requested August 2nd 2013
Preparing additional documents - Most probably will send in September 2013

In IMM 0008 form

1) Intended occupation - My father who is the principle applicant is a Lawyer in India. Should I enter the same in the intended occupation field or it leave blank
2) 2 self addressed mailing labels - What should I do? Should I send labels with my Canadian postal address or address in India?

Thanks

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
SusanG said:
Hey all,

I'm happy for all of those who have their visas issued .. congrats!
and finally It's our turn Aug patch, well I have a question for you:
Is that OK to be the representative for my parent while I'm the sponsor too? any experience?
Another question, My husband is a cosigner for the my parent's sponsorship and he has enough income, for my I don't have an income do you think that would affect the decision?

Thanks
Susan
yes, sure you can be a representative for your parent - this way the CIC will keep all the correspondence with you.

as for a co-signer - we have the same situation, - I was not working those two years they ask the Option C for. My husband is a co-signer on my sponsorship application.