+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

T

torontonian999

Guys, those who sent their applications to CIC-M after April 29, 2011: Check your e-cas. Your application should be on the system as they put mine on e-cas today (my application was received by CIC-M in Nov, 2011 - just before they paused the program). It says "application received" for both the "Sponsorship Application Status" and the "Permanent Residence Application Status". I also received the acknowledgement letter in the mail today. The thing is today they updated the processing times on CIC website, and it still says "Issuing acknowledgement letters for applications received on April 29, 2011", so the processing times on the website are not always accurate. Good luck to all!

ranja

Nov 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2008
AOR Received.
June 2012
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-12-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2013 (passport mailed out on 04-06-2013 and received on 07-06-2013)
Suin said:
they contradict themselves, they said they would clear the backlog within 2 years - 2011 - 2013, and that was the reason why they temporarily suspended parental sponsorship for two years till November 2013.

it does not look like it's gonna happen as today is the end of March 2013 and they have not started working even on 2010 applications yet.
I dont think they intention was to clear the backlog completely. I would be really surprised if they reopen permanent sponsorship for parents. Super visa is here to stay, permanent immigration would not be available for quite some time now.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
I doubt Super visa would be here to stay, as in the long run it would create 2 classes of residents - the privileged and non-privileged. As a temporary measure, it would not create headaches for CIC. It is more likely that CIC would introduce higher standards for sponsoring parents wrt either who are eligible to sponsor (PR or Citizens), a higher LICO for sponsoring parents, higher application fees or a combination of all.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
sakamath said:
I doubt Super visa would be here to stay, as in the long run it would create 2 classes of residents - the privileged and non-privileged. As a temporary measure, it would not create headaches for CIC. It is more likely that CIC would introduce higher standards for sponsoring parents wrt either who are eligible to sponsor (PR or Citizens), a higher LICO for sponsoring parents, higher application fees or a combination of all.
I feel they might implement the "citizens" and Aussie style fees and for PR - invite with Supervisa, seeing its success - I really feel it will be expanded

Adding: Like in USA, only citizens can petition for parents, Green card can only for spouse/children

ranja

Nov 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2008
AOR Received.
June 2012
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-12-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
sakamath said:
you just contradicted yourself with your statements. higher standards would again lead to 2 classes of residents would it not. I think they are done with sponsoring parents for the next few years or at least till conservatives are in power.

apple_talk

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Pilot)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-01-2012
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
16-04-2012
Med's Request
20-06-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Passport Req..
04-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
LANDED..........
13-02-2013
ranja said:
I dont think they intention was to clear the backlog completely. I would be really surprised if they reopen permanent sponsorship for parents. Super visa is here to stay, permanent immigration would not be available for quite some time now.
99.9% it will be fee based similar to Australia. If they block PR for parents they will lose elections & NDP will be in power. It's win-win for all, Canadian's will not complain if they get money upfront for medicals, so no burden on them. CIC may process parents PR app within a year, so no waiting.

ranja

Nov 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2008
AOR Received.
June 2012
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-12-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
apple_talk said:
99.9% it will be fee based similar to Australia. If they block PR for parents they will lose elections & NDP will be in power. It's win-win for all, Canadian's will not complain if they get money upfront for medicals, so no burden on them. CIC may process parents PR app within a year, so no waiting.
I don't think either liberal or NDP supporters would be happy with the fee based structure. Canadian values etc are much different from australia, just look at the healthcare example, even though they cannot afford it they are still not allowing for private companies to step in which australia already has in place.

i would be surprized if they do the fee structure.

Peter Rabbit

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
LICO or whatever its name, is ridiculously low right now. It is an insult ...
I do not like the fee idea but I like the income one : )

Applied in July 2008, mom landed at the beginning of December 2012 ..... two weeks ago we secured a family doctor (mission impossible accomplished)!

I feel as if we have just sneaked under some barbed wire.

ranja

Nov 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2008
AOR Received.
June 2012
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-12-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Peter Rabbit said:
LICO or whatever its name, is ridiculously low right now. It is an insult ...
I do not like the fee idea but I like the income one : )

Applied in July 2008, mom landed at the beginning of December 2012 ..... two weeks ago we secured a family doctor (mission impossible accomplished)!
well its based on the average canadian household income, which is currently around 60,000.

any hardcore reforms would be coming from conservatives, NDP and liberals agenda is too pro immigrants to come up with any such measures.

T

torontonian999

I don't think they will stop the sponsorship program. Otherwise, why did they do the consultations? And if you read the outcome of the consultations, there is no proposal to stop the program altogether. Instead, they may require that the majority of the children of the parent be in Canada before they are eligible for the program, or require that the child be a Canadian citizen or put a cap on the number of applications and accept them on a first-come, first-serve basis. They will maybe take as little as 1000 applications every year for the sake of the image that Canada does have parental sponsorship program, but they will never stop the program permanently.

Peter Rabbit

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
I think that image is important, regardless of what political party will be in power. The consulations are part of that image too, I think. This way, they give us a "voice"!

The other day, I was telling a colleague about mom .... her free English classes, the fact that I can claim her as a dependent on my taxes, has a family doctor (and so many people in Ontario do not have one), she needs to go for blood/mammogram tests, etc.
She replied with: “now, you can appreciate why Canadians do not want any more senior citizens in!”.
I was speechless!

All I can think of is that now I have peace of mind!

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
next7flight said:
It's exactly 4months today since passports has been sent to NDO.
Really frustrating. I think m getting sick. I am opening ecas in dreams.
Last night I been to brampton and came bck same day. Wt d heck... This cic is makin me crazy.
Grrrrr so helpless :( on d other hand our postman said he is delivering lot of passports everyday...he said not to worry...lol
Waiting is d only option... :'(
You know I was wondering, if the delay is something to do with longer background search considering there are so many punjabi applicants with common last name "singh" and coincidence of 1st names as well. For eg,, I knew my friends app was delayed as his name is Manjit Singh and he was asked for PCC twice and he was told delay is due to common names so background search was taking longer

ranja

Nov 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2008
AOR Received.
June 2012
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-12-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
user828 said:
You know I was wondering, if the delay is something to do with longer background search considering there are so many punjabi applicants with common last name "singh" and coincidence of 1st names as well. For eg,, I knew my friends app was delayed as his name is Manjit Singh and he was asked for PCC twice and he was told delay is due to common names so background search was taking longer
i have a very rare last name, highly unlikely that another applicant has the same last name. how would you explain the delay for my application.

Sandy978

Star Member
Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-2008
Doc's Request.
Nov-2012
AOR Received.
July-2012
Med's Request
Nov-2012
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Passport Req..
Nov 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 13, 2013
LANDED..........
:) soon
ranja said:
i have a very rare last name, highly unlikely that another applicant has the same last name. how would you explain the delay for my application.

Haha.......

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
ranja said:
..they doubt the rareness ::)

Its just a thought, happens with PCC all the time - and each case is different so could be a combination, could be the date when file was transferred and/or queue

If I could predict delay, I would be an CIC officer

P.S - My last name is rare too, infact found out that it's named after a village in India ( advent of internet ) but I have never been there nor anyone knows how the name came about :D