+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

T

torontonian999

My mom came here on a visitor visa before super visa was announced and was given 6 months of stay at the border. Then we applied for extension through super visa (bought insurance, showed minimum LICO, and I wrote a support letter), and she was given an extension of 2 years + 2 months. And they required my mom to undergo medical exam within 90 days (that is 90 days after the extension was granted). I always thought the 2 y + 2 months extension that my mom got was because of super visa. But after reading the posts above, I am not sure if it is. Maybe the VO just extended it as a regular visitor extension. Did I waste money on $150,000 insurance that I supposedly purchased for super visa extension? ::) It doesn't mention super visa anywhere on the visitor record that they sent us, and I called CIC, but they wouldn't release me any info, and my mom doesn't speak English to ask them. So, we don't know if it was through super visa or just regular extension.

apple_talk said:
want to know weird thing, my mom as expected went back after 3 months & when she came back at the airport CBSA agent give her 2 yr stamp. She never applied for super visa & the 2 yr extension she got was only good as long as she remains in Canada, not valid on re-entry.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Normal visitors are generally not given a 2 yr. extension, more like maybe 6 months at a time and I think the insurance definitely helped because they would be vary of giving such a long term extension to a person who doesn't have insurance, say if they become sick, end up in hospital and get a big bill they are unable to pay. Just be happy that she got her 2 years.

alba1

Star Member
Mar 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-3-2012
File Transfer...
13-4-2012
Med's Request
June 19, 2012
Med's Done....
June 20, 2012
apple_talk said:
want to know weird thing, my mom as expected went back after 3 months & when she came back at the airport CBSA agent give her 2 yr stamp. She never applied for super visa & the 2 yr extension she got was only good as long as she remains in Canada, not valid on re-entry.
It was the same for my mom. Sha is here in regular 5-year visitor visa from almost 4 years now. We extended the visa twice 1 year each time, by writing a letter explaining that she is the only person looking after my kids and providing proof of full time employment for me and my husband. (onother friend of my mom got 2 year extension, without any medicals or insurance too.) Last time after extending the visa for 1 year we went to Jamaica for 1 week, and when we come back she got only six month at the airport, which was weird, as her extension was longer. Now I have to apply for another extension on February, instead of June.

alba1

Star Member
Mar 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-3-2012
File Transfer...
13-4-2012
Med's Request
June 19, 2012
Med's Done....
June 20, 2012
Leon said:
Normal visitors are generally not given a 2 yr. extension, more like maybe 6 months at a time
I know of at least 5 friends of mine an my mom's case too, that they got twice 1 year or more extension during the last three years. No insurance or medicals request. Just explaining that you need their help to look after the kids, and proof of employment for the sponsor. All the cases that I know are waiting to get the PR approved too. We also explained this in the letter to the VO.

placid

Aug 18, 2012
singhnx01 said:
Question to all forum people: My parents received a request for medical from LVO New Delhi. What medical conditions (If any) will trigger denial for PR visa? My parents are healthy for most part. My mother has Cardiomegaly ( Enlarged Heart) and she is 64 year old. Does this condition impact her case in any form or shape? Please respond if anyone has any information.
I was told by friends and relatives na walang na de deny sa medical. Actually, my husband and I had just gone for medical the other day. My husband and I are both diabetic and wear glasses. During the eye test. we could not read all the letters on the board so we are required to undergo a diabetic retinopathy ( they gave us a letter address to an opthalmologist) and also they required us to get a report about our diabetes from our endo. We will be going back to submit these documents once we have these said clearances . Thus, our medical status is still "in process".

The worst that can happen to the case of your mom is she will be required to get a clearance from her cardiologist.

Moraine

Feb 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2008 ... Confirmation of Receipt December 18, 2008
Doc's Request.
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2012
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
13-06-2012 …Submitted 13-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2012
placid said:
I was told by friends and relatives na walang na de deny sa medical.

The worst that can happen to the case of your mom is she will be required to get a clearance from her cardiologist.
Not quite true po. There are quite a few medical cases that were rejected. Some of them are from the Philippines. This thread, po, is for everyone coming from all around the world. Most of us here will have trouble understanding TAGALOG. The other thread you are following is specific to Manila visa office.

About the enlarged heart case, we have one member here who had similar case and he/she already posted what the parent did to complete the medical. It was not that worst po.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Leon said:
Normal visitors are generally not given a 2 yr. extension, more like maybe 6 months at a time and I think the insurance definitely helped because they would be vary of giving such a long term extension to a person who doesn't have insurance, say if they become sick, end up in hospital and get a big bill they are unable to pay. Just be happy that she got her 2 years.
not true. our friends parent received 2 years extension being on visitors visa in Canada.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
alba1 said:
It was the same for my mom. Sha is here in regular 5-year visitor visa from almost 4 years now. We extended the visa twice 1 year each time, by writing a letter explaining that she is the only person looking after my kids and providing proof of full time employment for me and my husband. (onother friend of my mom got 2 year extension, without any medicals or insurance too.) Last time after extending the visa for 1 year we went to Jamaica for 1 week, and when we come back she got only six month at the airport, which was weird, as her extension was longer. Now I have to apply for another extension on February, instead of June.
hi. how long did your mom stay in canada on visitors visa extentsions in total?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
alba1 said:
I know of at least 5 friends of mine an my mom's case too, that they got twice 1 year or more extension during the last three years. No insurance or medicals request. Just explaining that you need their help to look after the kids, and proof of employment for the sponsor. All the cases that I know are waiting to get the PR approved too. We also explained this in the letter to the VO.
hi, do you think it's possible to keep a parent in Canada all the way the PR is approved? will they keep extending parent's guest visa for that reason? thanks.

Moraine

Feb 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2008 ... Confirmation of Receipt December 18, 2008
Doc's Request.
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2012
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
13-06-2012 …Submitted 13-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2012
Luck786 said:
Yes it is quite normal.People have a request for passport along with the medicals to all the way to no request at all and medical gets expired.Totally vary from case to case and on Visa officer.
Since you mentioned about some applicants' medical got expired. I just want to share what I just checked in other thread where members are discussing about medical result extension. I am not sure if you guys are not yet aware or already aware of this. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Suin said:
not true. our friends parent received 2 years extension being on visitors visa in Canada.
I learnt that now, I guess you missed other posts after me..thats what we were discussing. It's good to know that they do this

placid

Aug 18, 2012
Just want to share my experience at my medical.

I went to St. Lukes Extension at Jorge Bocobo here in Manila. They have very polite staff and very systematic and orderly procedure. I waited for the result of my ecg and chest xray.( they start calling out names by 3 p.m). Tapos ang medical ko within a day. I went there at 8:30 and done before 5 p.m.

May I suggest though that way before you go for medical at the accredited Canadian clinic, have a chest xray taken by a private doctor . The reason for this is because Canada is very strict when it comes to contagious diseases such as t.b. I met some who's xray result showed problem with their lungs and they are told to come back for 3 consecutive days for sputum test. This will delay your departure. Sputum will be cultured for 3 months. This means that it's only after 3 months that they will know if you are positive or negative. If the sputum test turns out to be positive, they will require you to go to a pulmonologist for treatment. Actually after a medication of an anti-tb drug called Rifampicin and Ethambutols the sputum may become NEGATIVE in two weeks time (total treatment will be 6 months therapy) but the clinic will require you to finish the 6 months full therapy. Hence, another 6 months delay.

When you receive a letter from CIC Canada for medical, you are required to undergo medical within 30 days from the receipt of the letter. Therefore even before you receive the letter, in order to avoid this delay, I reiterate that you go for a chest xray on your own. Pag may nakitang problem, go to a pulmologist right away to get the medication. This is to ensure that when you go to the Canadian accredited clinic you are sure to pass your chest xray.

They are not strict with diabetes and hypertension.

By the way, St. Lukes Extension requires 6 photos instead of the 2 stated in the CIC letter.

For further info, I received my request for medical 2 months after my daughter received the letter that she qualifies to sponsor me. They sent the letter for medical to my email address.

May this little feed back help those who are still awaiting their medical.....

sponsor filed application: Sept.2007
Received letter to process documents: March 1,2012
Submitted docs to Ottawa: May 2012
Received email to undergo medical : Aug. 8, 2012
Medical : in process

alba1

Star Member
Mar 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-3-2012
File Transfer...
13-4-2012
Med's Request
June 19, 2012
Med's Done....
June 20, 2012
Suin said:
hi. how long did your mom stay in canada on visitors visa extentsions in total?
She has been here from March 2009 leaving only for one week going for vacations to Jamaica. She didn't go back to her country since she came here.

alba1

Star Member
Mar 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-3-2012
File Transfer...
13-4-2012
Med's Request
June 19, 2012
Med's Done....
June 20, 2012
Suin said:
hi, do you think it's possible to keep a parent in Canada all the way the PR is approved? will they keep extending parent's guest visa for that reason? thanks.
It depends in the officer giving the extensions. We had no problems when we apply by mail and got 1 year both times, but when we came back from one week vacation outside Canada the officer at the airport gave us a hard time, questioning for almost one hour, we practically begged her to give her the extension, even though she just had gotten one year extension.

apple_talk

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Pilot)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-01-2012
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
16-04-2012
Med's Request
20-06-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Passport Req..
04-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
LANDED..........
13-02-2013
ALL MEMBER'S WITH PENDING PARENT'S APPLICATION PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO COMPLETE CIC SURVEY
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/search-results/-t91654.0.html;msg1649073;topicseen#msg1649073

(this is for new users not aware of CIC survey, it ask for public to provide suggestion how many visas should be issued & under what class for 2012-2013 & 2013-2017)